2012 International Additions

themeparkgc

Also Cars Land/Radiator Springs is almost fully completed at DCA, just main street needs to be finished a bit more.... aiming for June 15th? Thats just off the top of my head...... And "Radiator Springs Racers" just entered testing about 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile on the otherside of the country Universal opened a really good looking "Drive-In Mini Golf". Pics are on Micechat.com ; DCA is under "In The Parks" and Uni is "Orlando Parkhopper". ITP updates are every friday american aswell.

For anyone interested in Portaventura's B&M hyper coaster, Shambhala (which seems to be just me) here's an arial photo of the track layout (its obviously the large silver coaster). SHAMBHALA.jpg I love the figure 8 banked turnaround helix thing, looks insane. Believe me when I say it craps all over Leviathan now?

For anyone interested in Portaventura's B&M hyper coaster, Shambhala (which seems to be just me) here's an arial photo of the track layout (its obviously the large silver coaster). SHAMBHALA.jpg I love the figure 8 banked turnaround helix thing, looks insane. Believe me when I say it craps all over Leviathan now?

REALLY? IT'S THE SILVER ONE? I thought it would be the train ride to the right........

I think its because its everything a good B&M invert should be...Fast paced, visibly intense, and lots of directional changes (Look at the way it does the first drop, dive loop and turn) and inversions, and moments where it makes the most of the train type, swooping through tunnels and close to the ground. Also, Did anyone else hear the french "Oh my god" at 1:04 lol?

Edited by Gazza

It looks like it just gives you that absolutely great sense that you are flying. For me the highlight is the tunnels and near-misses. The tunnel underneath the main pathway with the fog is brilliant. The main entry facade and building is also very nicely themed

Edited by GoGoBoy

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a survey for SFMM. Sounds like they're leaning towards a new coaster. The survey did ask no one posts any further details anywhere, so I'm sticking to that though.

Greetings from Six Flags! We are conducting a new survey to help us in the development of a new park attraction for 2013 or 2014. Your feedback will play a decisive role in terms of determing how this attraction looks, feels and acts. We really need your help!

Could this have been it?

Six Flags Magic Mountain spills plans for record-setting coaster The new Full Throttle launch coaster debuting in 2013 at Six Flags Magic… (Six Flags) Six Flags Magic Mountain is expected to add a terrain-hugging launched roller coaster in 2013 featuring the world's tallest loop, according to an employee who wasn't authorized to speak on behalf of the amusement park. A Magic Mountain mechanic inadvertently revealed closely guarded facts about the record-setting  attraction while casually talking with a group of coaster enthusiasts during the recent West Coast Bash event at the Valencia amusement park. Details of the conversation quickly appeared on the Theme Park Review website and rapidly spread through the online coaster community. The new multi-launch coaster will be called Full Throttle, according to the official Six Flags Facebook page. Full Throttle's record-setting vertical loop is expected to top the Superman: Krypton coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which holds the current title of world's tallest loop at 145 feet. Magic Mountain's own Viper, with a 144-foot-tall loop, is a close second, according to Roller Coaster Database. Magic Mountain recently shuttered the 1971 Log Jammer water flume to make way for the 2013 coaster. The wooded six-acre parcel in the center of the park includes a sizable man-made lake that may play a role in the new attraction. Full Throttle may also make use of the old monorail tunnel that cuts through the hillside. Magic Mountain officials declined to comment on the specifics of the mechanic's revelations, saying only that the park does not respond to rumors or speculation. An official announcement on the new 2013 attraction will be made in late summer. Full Throttle would become Magic Mountain's 18th coaster, moving the California park ahead of Ohio's Cedar Point for the title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/07/news/la-trb-six-flags-magic-mountain-full-throttle-03201207

• 2 weeks later...