Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

I wonder if theres a way they'll include the park as an upgrade to the existing VIP... I mean - they would know on their sales records the 'home address' of every VIP ticket holder - if they could see enough people interstate that own one, wouldn't it make sense that interstaters who already own a VIP might want to go there too? Although - depending on the wording, 'unlimited access to Sea World, Wet n Wild and Movie World' - nothing would say it has to be Wet N Wild GOLD COAST??? just speculating - i doubt that would wash... I'd definitely buy an upgrade to my VIP. We already have plans to go to WnWS when it opens (after the rush - in february), if I could get it for an extra $20... instead of a standard $39 ticket (or whatever it is - so long as its a bit cheaper) it'd be great. I'm not keen on buying a one-day ticket at the normal VRTP prices if I can help it.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned the excavation work is in full swing. A fair amount of trees are still being removed. The machinery to do all this work are spread far and wide across the site. It's already strange knowing how the site was for as long as I remember to how it's changed now. That's without any current construction of rides or buildings started for Wet'n'Wild. The road leading into Wet'n'Wild from the western end has roadworks happening from what I can see from the M4 motorway.

the freefall slides being the type with the drop floor launch capsule.

Despite what is pictured in the video, the official website seems to indicate otherwise:

Canyon Cliffs – Not one, but two ultimate thrill slides! The Canyon Cliffs experience begins more than four stories in the air as guests are loaded into the attraction’s launch capsules. As the countdown reaches zero, the capsule’s trap door is released, plummeting riders into a terrifying vertical free fall drop. These gut-wrenching, heart-pounding slides accelerate guests to speeds of up to 33 feet per second!

Not trying to dis the attractions at all because so far they all look pretty good BUT is it my imagination or do the duelling master blasters only have ONE uphill section? From what I can make out they have one dip at the top followed by the only uphill part then turn a corner and come out into a long straight splashdown channel. Masters blasters are one of the most fun waterslide attractions out there and this would likely make them one of the most popular slides - surely it would therefore make sense to install a decent full-length version?

Very clever of them to call the Toilet Bowl "Royal Flush Extreme"...The old WnW in Vegas had a royal flush slide, so why not trade off the name.

Not trying to dis the attractions at all because so far they all look pretty good BUT is it my imagination or do the duelling master blasters only have ONE uphill section? From what I can make out they have one dip at the top followed by the only uphill part then turn a corner and come out into a long straight splashdown channel. Masters blasters are one of the most fun waterslide attractions out there and this would likely make them one of the most popular slides - surely it would therefore make sense to install a decent full-length version?

At WnW Sydney, it will be a quad lane version, so I reckon that will deal with the capacity as best as you could expect. If they use 2 person rafts it would have a capacity the same as an 8 lane racer (Possibly the highest capacity slide out there. By the looks of it, there will be a couple of dips on the way to the runout chute, so I reckon there will be 3 uphill sections or so. I mean, the layout of the master blaster wont exactly set the world alight compared to the bigger ones out there, but it does the job of being a gimmicky uphill slide that takes queues away from better ones like the Tornado, just like Supertubes does at WWW compared to the rest of the slides :)

By the looks of it, there will be a couple of dips on the way to the runout chute, so I reckon there will be 3 uphill sections or so.

Okay that's the bit I was trying to understand. From the video it looked to me like the runout section was just a long straight with no hills. 3 uphill sections would be okay-ish

• 4 weeks later...

Just another minor update. No construction of rides or buildings can be seen yet just extensive excavation due to uneven ground. There are dirt mounds everywhere and many trees are gone. I'm surprised they haven't erected a sign facing both directions of the M4 motorway advising of this coming attraction. Even though its a year away this would open them to exposure of thousands of cars a day. There are still people I know who didn't know it was even an idea for Sydney let alone being constructed.

Hey guys!!I am new to posting in the forums though have been a long time viewer of parkz. Looking on the NSW major projects website, I was able to find the following artist impression of the park ... seems pretty cool if you ask me!! :Dhttps://majorproject..._Drawings 3.pdf More cool Wet 'n' Wild Sydney information can be seen at http://majorprojects...job&job_id=4327

Edited by cheski

Hey guys!!I am new to posting in the forums though have been a long time viewer of parkz. Looking on the NSW major projects website, I was able to find the following artist impression of the park ... seems pretty cool if you ask me!! :Dhttps://majorproject..._Drawings 3.pdf More cool Wet 'n' Wild Sydney information can be seen at http://majorprojects...job&job_id=4327

Welcome, but what you have posted has already been seen/read/stalked by most of the people here....

• 2 weeks later...

What was that in the Jamberoo thread about making sure WnWSs tornado was as good as funnel web ;)

Wow! Looks like they've made some improvements since the 'flyover'. This is what I was hoping for - that the flyover would not represent the absolute final design. Maybe there's hope for better master blasters too. Just had another thought... it's possible the flyover was created before the model and not after. Here's hoping the model is the latest revision to the plans! Edited by GoGoBoy

• 3 weeks later...