VIP Pass is Back

Interesting, So despite the apparent lack of opportunity taken by the park to up the perks and cost if nothing else, the fact that existing pass holders can renew, keep access to both night events, and at no extra cost over a normal pass is pretty darn good value. The gold passes were $129/139 originally I think and with Individual tickets to the main nights of each night event at $40 from memory that means that for an extra $9 you get access to the park for a year!

$40 + $40 + $9 = $129/$139?

Did anyone notice that the Facebook page for Movie World's Fright Night has been deleted?

I imagine it's so they can start this year's event anew rather than anything "sinister". Or they're not bothering with separate pages.

$40 + $40 + $9 = $129/$139?

Math Fail. This years 'Gold' renewal price is only $89.99. Assuming FN and WC are $40 again this year, thats $80... leaving a price of just $9.99 for a year's entry to all three parks. For those of you wondering what the price was last year - i posted it in my last post - $139.99 Edited by AlexB

the fact is all those roving performers, the mazes and the staffing for those, not to mention extra shows, staff etc - cost a lot of money. I'd have no drama with my $89.99 renewal not including HFN or White Xmas because i can see where that $30 or $40 is being spent - on a one off amazing night event.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a VIP pass since you save a lot of money on park entry but I was disappointed to find out there were no other benifets. I would like to at lest get something like 10% off food and merchandise purchased in the park. The food prices are ridiculous. Who wants to pay $15 for a burger and chips with no drink included?

Something that i noticed about the renewal of the passes for gold members is that they need to call up myfun because they can't do them online or at the parks. Not sure if this will get you the fright night and white christmas stuff. This is probably because if people renew there passes and there are more sod again there will simply too many people at these events and they won't be able to sell tickets to the general public.

WHAT??? You get a years free entry into 3 parks for a crazy low price and you still then think you should be getting in parks discounts with that? Its no secret that theme parks (cinemas, stadiums etc) make their money from food and bev. Do you get a discount on food when you buy a movie ticket?

Its no secret that theme parks (cinemas, stadiums etc) make their money from food and bev. Do you get a discount on food when you buy a movie ticket?

Pay for popcorn/drink combo when buying the tickets online and you get $1 off the cost of the combos at Event Cinemas.

The food prices are ridiculous. Who wants to pay $15 for a burger and chips with no drink included?

Smart people venture into the park with a sports bottle from previous visits and pay the refill price. If you already have a drink why would you want to buy another? Food pricing may be high but they are a business and they have to make money somehow and cheap passes will not do it. A discount would be nice but remember you only paid $90-100 for a pass with around 12 months on it. Weigh it up against paying the old annual pass pricing (around $200 for each park) then complain about a "high price" meal on top of that! Theme parks are luxury expenditure items same with any other form of paid entertainment. Lunch at a theme park is for most people an uncommon thing and I am sure that allowing $5-10 extra on top of what you would pay at a fast food outlet for an equivalent isn't that much to ask.