Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I went to Sea World last Friday and made another video of the ride. The coaster section is nearly complete with just the lift hill needing to be installed. That drop at the end looks quite steep and would lead to a great splashdown!

I also found some old signs advertising the old Bermuda Triangle. Get your ride photos today!

The coaster trains have arrived and can be found covered up near the Sea Viper.

I don't know if Vikings Revenge will be extended but part of Viking currently does go under the Storm. There is plenty of space under the Storm to expand Viking's and for theming. The path to the Storm will not go underneath. It would be cool if they expanded part of Vikings near the splash zone of the Storm for a random opportunity to get wet!

I'm sure this will be a great coaster and I should reserve my judgement until the ride actually opens and is properly landscaped/themed but, I really don't like how it towers over everything. I've always seen Sea World as a beautiful park... granted I've only seen pictures but the tall and towering supports look messy. We now have three coasters side by side - I know there is no other logistical location for The Storm but it's all very squished now. Call me lame but I miss the simple looking white Corkscrew and volcanoes!

I'm sure this will be a great coaster and I should reserve my judgement until the ride actually opens and is properly landscaped/themed but, I really don't like how it towers over everything. I've always seen Sea World as a beautiful park... granted I've only seen pictures but the tall and towering supports look messy. We now have three coasters side by side - I know there is no other logistical location for The Storm but it's all very squished now. Call me lame but I miss the simple looking white Corkscrew and volcanoes!

I totally agree with you Flea. I still think they should of placed it at the front on the left side of the carpark as originally planned. Going on the sky-way prior, all but the viper in the far back corner seemed reasonably low, with the theming of Bermuda giving the park a nice resort feel. The storm now being placed bang in the middle of the park trumps pretty much everything else, including the sky-way. So now all you see are support beams and track when passing on the sky-way, and when looking into the middle of the park.

Like you Ill reserve judgement until I see the final product, though still even with great theming, there is only so much that can be done. Its going to be interesting to see how it all turns out...