Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Actually klein does not mean standard whatsoever the closest thing you said is insignificant. Klein means small. It has absolutely nothing to do with standard. It also doesn't mean we're getting the standard model, we have no idea what model we're getting. Just because 'small' is written on a container has absolutely no connotation with a 'standard' model. Please, next time you say something with such confidence, make sure it's correct!

It is correct, one of the possible translations is "usual" or "ordinary". Meaning we are getting the usual, ordinary or standard model. Next time you say something with confidence, make sure you get it right too. Idiot. Edited by colliric_855

It is correct, one of the possible translations is "usual" or "ordinary". Meaning we are getting the usual, ordinary or standard model. Next time you say something with confidence, make sure you get it right too. Idiot.

I was all ready to actually back you up and support you on this until you couldn't resit making the personal insults again. Yes there's a very good chance that in this case it does mean small/standard. Guys don't be dicks every time he posts something you don't agree with just because you don't like him. He has actually been fairly well behaved for the most part since coming back. And rwc, don't be a dick when replying to people. There's a good reason not many people like you on here. (yes I know I can take my own advice too, but look at it this way, I'm on your side for the moment on this one)

Don't call someone an idiot. Makes you look like an idiot. And I would trust Linus more than you, I think we all would.

It actually means both. But he clearly didn't follow it up. It's a more general term than our English word equilivent "Small". It can also be used to mean "usual", "ordinary" or "standard". It mostly really means insignificant, which Germans also take to mean small, as they use generalised terms for size, shape and volume. For example, there is no direct German word for tall, they use the word gross, which directly means big and also great/unique in english. If you wanted to call someone fat in German, you would use the same word. Some basic info: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120404235641AAGx7bJ

(yes I know I can take my own advice too, but look at it this way, I'm on your side for the moment on this one)

I apologise. Next time Linus, please make sure you don't just look at an immediate dictionary definition and think that it's exactly the same as the English usage and English word. German doesn't work that way all the time. I apologise for calling you an idiot. Edited by colliric_855

It actually means both. But he clearly didn't follow it up. It's a more general term than our English word equilivent "Small". It can also be used to mean "usual", "ordinary" or "standard". It mostly really means insignificant, which Germans also take to mean small, as they use generalised terms for size, shape and volume. For example, there is no direct German word for tall, they use the word gross, which directly means big and also great/unique in english. If you wanted to call someone fat in German, you would use the same word. Some basic info: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120404235641AAGx7bJ I apologise. Next time Linus, please make sure you don't just look at an immediate dictionary definition and think that it's exactly the same as the English usage and English word. German doesn't work that way all the time. I apologise for calling you an idiot.

Don't really care much if you call me an idiot, feel free to call me what you want, it's the internet... I see it as text on a screen telling me I'm something from someone I don't know :) Also just to mention, I didn't use a direct dictionary definiton, I am fluent in German. It is in fact my native language along side Swiss-German as I was born in Switzerland. I do agree with you that in the German language one word can be used generally for a number of meanings, but in this case of a roller coaster, klein is not being used to indicate insignificant or standard. EVEN if it was, it would be the incorrect word to use, and I don't believe a German company is going to get their words mixed up... While this may be a standard version, the word 'klein' on the container does not indicate standard, as there are other more suitable words for this (I can list some if you like). It is certainly just indication small. Maybe that means it is a smaller track section, that could be more fragile. Maybe the container size is smaller than usual meaning it's placement on board the container ship needs to be in a certain place. I have no idea! But I can tell you that klein, in this case, does certainly not indicate the 'standard version' of a rollercoaster. Anyway, enough about shit that doesn't matter in the slightest....

Don't really care much if you call me an idiot, feel free to call me what you want, it's the internet... I see it as text on a screen telling me I'm something from someone I don't know :) While this may be a standard version, the word 'klein' on the container does not indicate standard, as there are other more suitable words for this (I can list some if you like). It is certainly just indication small. Maybe that means it is a smaller track section, that could be more fragile. Maybe the container size is smaller than usual meaning it's placement on board the container ship needs to be in a certain place. I have no idea! But I can tell you that klein, in this case, does certainly not indicate the 'standard version' of a rollercoaster. Anyway, enough about shit that doesn't matter in the slightest....

Except it's on the "Model Type" tag apparently, which does certainly indicate it. And as I said, this could be indicating BOTH, as it DOES means both. It could be translated as both "Small Model" and at the same time alternatively as "Standard Model".... Hence your comment "EVEN if it was, it would be the incorrect word to use, and I don't believe a German company is going to get their words mixed up..." isn't really correct, considering it clearly IS the correct word to use because it IS the "small model" and also because the word is correctly used and also translates as the "standard/usual model". Both pretty much means the same thing! How can you not equate "Standard" and "Small" when it comes to a ride? Usually non-standard models of well themed rides like this ARE BIGGER than off-shelf standard versions. So the Klein model is the standard/smaller one... HENCE IT'S THE CORRECT WORD! So why are we argueing? I agree with your last comment. Edited by colliric_855

I believe their all talking about is this. It clearly states on the delivery docket Water Coaster(Klein) Australien. I have a higher res one at home and will grab when I'm home from work. This same dockets was attached to multiple objects throughout the storage area.

post-25381-0-77380500-1368391105_thumb.j

Edited by HarrisonKohn

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been to Sea World, and there has been some progress, but I didn't have a camera on me so no photos. The first supports have gone up, and by the look of their positioning they are for a banked turn underneath the lift hill, one has also gone up near where the final drop should be. So the ride should come up quite fast now :D

I've just been to Sea World, and there has been some progress, but I didn't have a camera on me so no photos. The first supports have gone up, and by the look of their positioning they are for a banked turn underneath the lift hill, one has also gone up near where the final drop should be. So the ride should come up quite fast now :D

You don't own a phone? :P

Let's just hope it goes up fast then some decent theming goes up with it.

You don't own a phone? :P

Let's just hope it goes up fast then some decent theming goes up with it.

Well - apart from the fact that many 'snobbish' remarks have been made by people on this site, criticising photos taken by others on the facebook fanboy pages because they were taken on camera phones.

In the absence of something better quality, isn't it amazing how easily we'd settle for a grainy camera phone shot?

Rean- normally i'm with you on most issues, but I have to say - with the number of people who would do updates on this, I doubt we'll be waiting for photos for long, and at least MBA came on to let us know that there is something new to look at - it might make Gazza do a run down there on his day off for some photos that he wouldn't have done otherwise...

Thanks MBA.

Source: Thrill Zone International's FB page

OMG is that from a camera phone? What a shitty looking photo. If you're going to go and get a photo, at least make it decent quality....

Rean- normally i'm with you on most issues, but I have to say - with the number of people who would do updates on this, I doubt we'll be waiting for photos for long, and at least MBA came on to let us know that there is something new to look at - it might make Gazza do a run down there on his day off for some photos that he wouldn't have done otherwise...

Thanks MBA.

Hadn't actually noticed any comments before on phone images?

Hell, I even posted a bunch from a wet day at MW and don't remember people complaining. In saying that, work's doing VIP passes for $65 so I've really got no excuse not to grab a pass, and take my camera back to the a park in the next few weeks.

The first piece of track was put into place this morning. I didn't hang around all day to see if they lifted any more however as I was leaving they were setting the slings on another piece. It also looks like there will be some maintenance carried out on Vikings Revenge.

post-1470-0-10955800-1370244871_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-54560700-1370245132_thumb.jp

According to Sea World's maintenance page... "Viking's Revenge Flume Ride will be closed for maintenance from 27th May until 24th June 2013 inclusive" I hope Viking's Revenge gets expanded to go under the new Storm Coaster. It is way to short now!

As much as I would like it extended I don't see it happening, especially given the time frame and the fact that they made a new trough out of concrete.

I also highly doubt there going to extend it when they just redone the trough in concrete, I assume they are just closing it to allow complete access to the area for the storm construction, as well as some maintenance while they have access.

Edited by rac2703