New Kids Ride for Movie World

joz

In my opinion, any 'in-house' developed show - like Whats Up Rock or even Bonny and Clawde are just too slapstick and corny, and I would not like to see one of these installed into showstage. Western stunt shows are great, but even universal has ditched theirs at the moment, whilst the special effects stage etc soldiers on. Either they bring back a special effects stage - and do it the way universal now do (ie: not one effect on each stage that you get up and move between, but all done on one stage) and bring the effects into the 21st century - doing things like motion capture (Mocap) and other modern effects, or alternatively, bring in a good illusionist magic act, that while not totally movie related, would draw a decent crowd and help soak up some capacity on busier days, rather than just the stroller brigade...

It was my idea first... And I want them to have a kids show also, just shift it to KidsWB and use the Show Stage for a modern update of the effects show. Movie Magic 2 could be themed to the DC Comics films as the Show Stage is over there close enough to the "Hub". Would create a kind of effect-Stunts themed mini-section as obviously it's also close to Stunt Driver. "DC Comics Movie Magic Show"? Naturally the Superman flying demonstration(Version 2, showing off Motion Capture and mapping of the volunteers' face too) would still be the climax of it. Edited by colliric_855

How is the show stage close to the "Hub" it's at the opposite end of the park to all the DC attractions. If anything it's in the western area...

It's right near Arkham, I think only a wall or disused area/building seperates them. But yeah you do have to walk all the way around the otherside anyway, and you can't get through directly there. It seems like the opposite end because of that, but it's just over the otherside of Arkham. I was thinking, is it possible for them to punch a hole through and make it part of the Gotham theme? That's kinda where I was coming from here. Edited by colliric_855

Except Scooby is in the way. Saying the show stage is next to Arkham is like saying Intencity is next to WB Kids

Thanks. As I said, even though it's right there over the back, the layout still dictates you have to walk all the way around anyway. And I was referring not just to the Station(yes Scooby is there, I knew that) but to the track as well(I think it's only a wall seperates them there at the back). I was wondering if it was possible to put a path through there, perhaps going from the main section of the Hub, through under the ride. If it's definitely not, I guess that option is out. Yep, according to the Park map Scooby ends near the Arkham Station, and certainly at least on the Park Map, it looks like a shortcut could be punched through the wall. On Satellite no.... too much back of house stuff there, bad for theming. Still it looks like a path up there probably would help people get through from the DC area to the Western area a heck of alot quicker. Guess they'd rather route them through the Main Street shops though, as usual. Edited by colliric_855

Sorry if I'm missing something here but are you meaning a path such as the following? There's way too much back of house area (green path) or ride zone to cover. I mean yes, the idea of a path out that way would be great, especially during parade times, but there's too much traffic away from Main Street in that instance.

post-2613-0-01776900-1368190929_thumb.jp

Edited by reanimated35

Sorry if I'm missing something here but are you meaning a path such as the following? There's way too much back of house area (green path) or ride zone to cover. I mean yes, the idea of a path out that way would be great, especially during parade times, but there's too much traffic away from Main Street in that instance.

Yes, I can see that point now. It would help the foot traffic for sure, but just like with that gate at Seaworld, it would mean people could bypass the shops if they wanted to go from DC Zone to the Western area.. which is clearly a no-no economically. Also probably would not be a good idea in terms of a fire/emergency plan... obviously if something occurs in the Scooby building, MW would want quick access to the rear of it. Damn.

Can anyone say Tony Laffan? :P

Although that is the show that comes to mind with what I suggested, Tony isn't doing much in the way of illusion shows any more. He has found a vocation in Hypnotism (both comedy hypnotism as well as serious therapy for things like quit smoking or insomnia etc). Although Tony does still have pallet upon pallet of illusion props etc, I don't think we'll see him return to an illusion style show - he has a couple kids with his new wife and the hypnotism stuff sees him home every day to spend time with them. The illusion aspect took up way to much of his time which to a degree broke up his last relationship.

The LTRR building has been used for storage for several years now (at least since 2011) in particular the storage bay. The building looks strange being gutted like that though!

I wonder when they actually ripped out all of the theming and ride infrastructure? Same with Bermuda. They seem to be able to do these removals without anyone noticing anything... and yet I imagine they'd be a big job.

I wonder when they actually ripped out all of the theming and ride infrastructure? Same with Bermuda. They seem to be able to do these removals without anyone noticing anything... and yet I imagine they'd be a big job.

The ride was still largely intact around 2011, I'm going to assume that a lot of the demolition inside there was fairly recent. Obviously things like the boats and some theming was removed pretty quickly (Tree etc) but really... until they knew what they were going to do with the building / when it was needed what was the point in spending the money in removing it?

• 5 weeks later...

is it just me or is Movie World being unusually quiet about a new ride due to open in three months?

I note the page about the ride on the MW website has been removed.

Apparently Bugs had a disagreement with MACK and it's been postponed for a while until the sort it and and Bugs gets back from Albuquerque.

Lol!! Careful!! That's grounds for deletion!! It is odd however, how the ride has disappeared from the website. It's like, we are going to tease you with a confirmation and then we are going to deny its existence!! I don't think it points to anything too nefarious nor do I think that they have changed their original plans. Perhaps they are simply readying the next round of marketing for the website for the new ride?

if they have had a change of heart to hold off and cancel the mini cars driving school in favour of planning for something bigger and better then I will applaud that some hairbrain up top has had some good sense kicked into him. If it is still happening my bet this will be a short team filler attraction just to keep the punters happy until the site is used for the major family friendly attraction it is so perfect for. How on earth they came to the conclusion this is / was a good idea is astounding?? Not to mention these people involved in the design of never having worked first hand on speedy's taxis or taz cars.. Ask any ride op at movieworld.. Worse jobs in the parks, parents seem to think its cute watching their kid get stuck whilst the poor ride op gets increasingly infuriated. Then times that by the number of other toddlers all trying to work out what to do.. No I do not miss that at all!!! PLEASE MW CANCEL YOUR PLANS FOR THE STUPID DRIVING SCHOOL AND LEAVE THE SITE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO RETURN BUGS AND THE GANG WITH A FAMILY RIDE THAT HAS THE DIGNITY AND PRESENCE THE BRAND DESERVES!!!

Edited by MickeyD