Gary86

Doomsday - Potential New Tower Ride at Movie World

113 posts in this topic

I think they mean Superman the character. Not a ride. They have Supergirl so why not Superman? Doomsday tower is ment to go in the middle of Superman Escape. A totally stupid location as SE will have to close during construction and it is just about to reopen after a month of repainting.

^Couldn't you just time the construction to coincide with a Superman maintenance period? Superman closes once a year for maintenance, and these sort of tower rides come together pretty quickly.

Edited by Gazza

For a little kid getting to meet Superman would be pretty exciting.

Not everything is for theme park enthusiasts

Overall I think that it is a good idea and does look quite thrilling, I'm just not sure about the low speed setting. It could pose too tall for a soft setting. I think that MW should put the new 'Doomsday' tower in when the 'Batwing' has lost its popularity, otherwise this could pose for the early closure of a pretty decent ride. I do not think they should place it in the middle of 'Superman Escape' because that area is already pretty clustered. I think that it could become too congested in that area if MW does decide to place it there. Overall I think that it is a good idea but MW just needs to put it on the back burner for a couple of years :blink:

Superman has been at movieworld in years, due to copyright of the character itself. Movieworld have the rights to the name, but not the full suited character (like green lantern and flash). But from what I know he will be back very soon

If the doomsday was to come, would it be possible to be a thrill ride with and indoor elevator that could stop at various levels to provide the view?

I hope they don't build Doomsday as it will make Superman Escape and Batwing Spaceshot seem very small. The plan is for a soft style that will slowly go up the tower and slowly come down suitable for people who would like to see the view who aren't thrillseakers.

Don't think the relative height to other attractions is a factor, won't make SE any less of a great ride, and BSS is a completely different ride.

Unlike others, I don't mind the idea, but not in the location (superman helix) as the concept works illustrated. Arkham forecourt though/old LW queues, why not?

I hope they don't build Doomsday as it will make Superman Escape and Batwing Spaceshot seem very small. The plan is for a soft style that will slowly go up the tower and slowly come down suitable for people who would like to see the view who aren't thrillseakers.

I understand the idea, but for older people and children, the harness is still probably not appropriate as they would still get scared. If they instead walked up on solid ground I think it would attract a lot more people

Edited by R2GFifa

I must admit, I'm kind of over the 'This ride is both a thrill ride, and a family ride' thing. It seems to be a bit of a plague at the moment. MDMC, Pandamonium, Dreamworld's new ride, maybe Doomsday, and SWO's Antarctica. Enough, just have a thrill ride, or a family ride. Stop with this whole 'It's Both!' crap, because it almost never works out any good. Pandamonium only works as a thrill ride, Antarctica only works as a family ride, Doomsday will only work as a thrill ride, and MDMC doesn't really work as either.

Hell, why restrict this to new rides? Let's add a family friendly option for GD that goes up and comes down slowly, or make ToT family friendly by just having it cruise down to the end of the launch track at 10km/h and then slowly came back. 'Let's do a 'family friendly' Wipeout cycle that doesn't go upside down!' No, let's not, let's let thrill rides be thrill rides and family rides be family rides rather than make a ride that either fails at one or both.