Maintenance Schedule

WCE87

And what is that assertion based on? Tell me when DW has previously kept one of their big thrill rides closed to save costs? You can't, so don't post Absolute groundless rubbish

Well, there's a first time for everything, and a five month rehab for a Top Spin seems a very long time. Dreamworld's staggered daily ride openings and closings suggests they are looking for cost savings wherever they can at the moment.

I hope it's not the case and they're using the time to re-fit or fix the water effects that were present at the ride's debut. Would be great to see the ride looking like new again.

Edited by aaronm

Well, there's a first time for everything, and a five month rehab for a Top Spin seems a very long time. Dreamworld's staggered daily ride openings and closings suggests they are looking for cost savings wherever they can at the moment. I hope it's not the case and they're using the time to re-fit or fix the water effects that were present at the ride's debut. Would be great to see the ride looking like new again.

Just like to point out that Wipeout technically isnt a Topspin........

The Waikiki Wave's haven't been made for eons now. Surprised they've kept it alive this long, and great work to them on doing so. I'd say they probably have to do a few adjustments and repairs to keep it aligned with the current safety standards. With the rides age, it's quite possible they're expecting to fix it and have something else break. Wasn't there one maintenance period where it kept breaking down right after it was fixed? Maybe they're planning ahead for once.

The WipeOut is approaching 15 years old now

It's actually approaching 21 years, isn't it? At that age, a major maintenance period would almost certainly be needed. I just hope Dreamworld are able to get any spare/replacement parts that are needed considering so few installations of the ride were manufactured, and we don't see another Eureka.

It's actually approaching 21 years, isn't it? At that age, a major maintenance period would almost certainly be needed. I just hope Dreamworld are able to get any spare/replacement parts that are needed considering so few installations of the ride were manufactured, and we don't see another Eureka.

Wow, don't know where I pulled 15 years out... I had a major derp moment. It's 20 years old now as it opened in 94. I am fairly sure Vekoma WILL still make parts for the ride on request as they know the ride is still in use. It's not like Vekoma is a company that has gone bust or anything, I don't think it's days are numbered just yet... but I think within 5 - 10 years at the most it will be gone.

And what is that assertion based on? Tell me when DW has previously kept one of their big thrill rides closed to save costs? You can't, so don't post Absolute groundless rubbish

Depending on your view - I'd say running only one side of Giant drop... or alternating attractions operating hours, or opening them later, or closing them earlier is closing big thrill rides to save costs, so you can, and it isn't absolute groundless rubbish.

Disagree - it isn't groundless... perhaps exaggerated, as it wasn't to the extent suggested - but they've shown they'll deliberately curtail operations to save money... it isn't groundless to suggest the park would go to the next step and close down a (very expensive to maintain these days) flat ride.

So - while I don't think even DW would stoop that low, it's not unthinkable given their history, and therefore - I repeat - it was not groundless rubbish.

If only WnW had a website.....

Please Note: Zip Line is a seasonal attraction and is currently closed.

I know it says that but it's summer. The season when everything is meant to open. They are just making excuses. It said that most of 2013.

It's Summer. No park in the world closes popular attractions over the peak summer season.

It isn't popular then. Maybe if they didn't charge people for it (I think it was $5 or $10). I know it isn't much, but it may be more popular if there wasn't a cost. And now that the constrictor is there, i think they would need to create another path to the zipline.

I know it says that but it's summer. The season when everything is meant to open. They are just making excuses. It said that most of 2013.

It isn't popular then. Maybe if they didn't charge people for it (I think it was $5 or $10). I know it isn't much, but it may be more popular if there wasn't a cost. And now that the constrictor is there, i think they would need to create another path to the zipline.

This is an unlikely theory, but perhaps they don't run it in PEAK season because of the higher risk to bystanders? #unlikelytheory...

As far as not charging for it - imagine how long the queue would be if it were a free attraction with admission? Why don't we make the Pit Pass free with Movie World admission? What if they didn't charge to scuba dive in the shark tank at sea world? Point is - the experience is something not everyone would pay for - because zipliningdoing skidsswimming with a shark isn't something for everyone... but if it were free... EVERYONE would be lining up for it.

As far as not charging for it - imagine how long the queue would be if it were a free attraction with admission? Why don't we make the Pit Pass free with Movie World admission? What if they didn't charge to scuba dive in the shark tank at sea world? Point is - the experience is something not everyone would pay for - because zipliningdoing skidsswimming with a shark isn't something for everyone... but if it were free... EVERYONE would be lining up for it.

That would be just stupid. I mean like you would still have to book like for the SkyClimb at Sea World, but its free.

I just checked MW maintenance and I am very disappointed that they have moved forward their maintenance on Green Lantern by a week. We are going there next Tuesday 28th and from this day forward it will be closed =*(

Has there been problems with it recently to cause them to move the date forward?

Green Lantern Coaster will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Tuesday 28th January 2014 and will re-open Monday 10th February 2014.

Batwing Spaceshot will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 10th March 2014 and will re-open Monday 31st March 2014. Superman Escape will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 28th April 2014 and will re-open Monday 9th June 2014. Arkham Asylum Coaster will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 9thJune 2014 and will re-open Monday 30th June 2014.

Kids’ WB! Fun Zone:

Roadrunner Rollercoaster will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 24thFebruary 2014 and will re-open Monday 31st March 2014.

Pounce'n'Bounce will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 5th May 2014 and will re-open Monday 26th May 2014.

Tweety Carousel will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 26th May 2014 and will re-open Monday 9th June 2014.

Wet n Wild have released some of the maintenance schedule:

Constrictor will be closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 10th February and will re-open on Monday 17th of February 2014.
Wavepool will be partially closed (pool, no waves) for scheduled maintenance from Monday 17th March and will re-open Monday 24th March 2014.