2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Drove past the park at 11pm last night and the area was floodlit, so I dare say construction has started & as taking place overnight to avoid disrupting day trade

I would say at this stage they are installing the piping and other ground work.

Also, Dreamworld have changed their website to just say: Major makeover of “Wipe Out” – Coming Soon. I would say that the other makeover will be happening next year

Edited by themagician

a boomerango would be fun, but id personally prefer to see a tornado alley, just because a boomerango is kinda like the kamikaze at wet n wild (if you think about it one way), and id prefer to see something really unique, ie a tornado alley

A tornado Alley is a series of smaller tornadoes in a row, so kind of like a cross between the green room, and constrictor... how is that unique? (if you think about it one way)

I would say at this stage they are installing the piping and other ground work.

Also, Dreamworld have changed their website to just say: Major makeover of “Wipe Out” – Coming Soon. I would say that the other makeover will be happening next year

Unless they are trying to stop people from asking or reving people up.

With how slow the progress on Wipeout has been given what they need to do perhaps they realised that they had bit off more than they can chew... I have never seen more than 2 people working on it and even then it was one on the entry area and one on the arms...

I would think it would have to do with that opened her up and found a problem.

Alot of the main work and is mostly being done off site. So just because you only ever see 2 people working on the ride at a time doesn't mean there's a workforce of 2 in total...

Very true! Onsite work is just making it look pretty yet the ride itself with the motors and gearboxes etc are all being done offsite. So all they really have to do when the onsite painting and changes are done they need to bring all the components back to the site and construct it again, reboot the computer, test it and put the water back in and whatever else. It should come back together very soon especially as they wanted it back open June 30, now pushed back to "early" July. But I can't wait!

Alot of the main work and is mostly being done off site. So just because you only ever see 2 people working on the ride at a time doesn't mean there's a workforce of 2 in total...

Do you mean the wipeout is sitting in the maintenance shed and they are bringing parts from off site to it or do you mean the wipeout has been placed on the back of a truck and removed from Dreamworld to be repaired?

Hell - even just Sandblasting it - DW wouldn't have a blasting booth big enough (if at all) to fit the entire gondola into it.

The guys that work on the ride every day are the ones that MAINTAIN the ride. This doesn't mean they're the best people to do a 20 year overhaul rebuild. They'd certainly have the skills and abilities, but perhaps not to the same extent needed - not to mention if you devote your 'day to day maintenance' crew onto a job this big, your day to day maintenance is going to suffer.

Just because the guy dusts the frame of the mona lisa every day, doesn't mean he's capable of repainting it.

For the people who have recently been to Dreamworld, do you think that Wipeout is close to finishing? Such as the final coats of paint, pathway, queue area. Because soon as these are done the gondola will be installed, then the water will be put in place and testing can begin. I know that it is obviously nearly finished because it is nearly July, but do people think we will be seeing testing within the next week, or two?

Edited by themagician

I know all that AlexB. What I want to know is the reason some people are saying it's not at Dreamworld. Is it because they can't see it? Is it because they know it's location?

Actually, what you asked was 'why would they send it offsite, what would be the purpose of that' so I answered your question. If you knew, you shouldn't have asked.

A more appropriate question would have been "how do you know it is offsite?"

For the people who have recently been to Dreamworld, do you think that Wipeout is close to finishing? Such as the final coats of paint, pathway, queue area. Because soon as these are done the gondola will be installed, then the water will be put in place and testing can begin. I know that it is obviously nearly finished because it is nearly July, but do people think we will be seeing testing within the next week, or two?

It need finishing touches on the supports, the queue area still needs a bit of work, the railings need putting up, the pool needs a lick of paint, area needs to be landscaped... Still a fair bit to do, of course all of these can be done after th gondola is back in place so a quick turn around could be possible from this point. I am there again next Thursday so will see what stage it is at.

It need finishing touches on the supports, the queue area still needs a bit of work, the railings need putting up, the pool needs a lick of paint, area needs to be landscaped... Still a fair bit to do, of course all of these can be done after th gondola is back in place so a quick turn around could be possible from this point.

It does sound like a lot, but it is mainly just finishing touches now. The only major part to it is installing the gondola and as you said the rest can be done after its installed.

Remember the original completion date was 30 June, so I would expect it will be back open in the middle of the month.

Actually, what you asked was 'why would they send it offsite, what would be the purpose of that' so I answered your question. If you knew, you shouldn't have asked.

A more appropriate question would have been "how do you know it is offsite?"

I was asking Brad2912 the question? I thought he had insider information of what was happening to the Wipeout.

You are presently speculating of what could be occurring to the Wipeout.

I have witnessed numerous individuals saying the Wipeout is offsite. I’m asking those people who say its offsite is:

How they know?

Where is the Wipeout?

I don’t consider you to be one of the people that said it was offsite. If you are this person then inform me how you became familiar with this information?

I am not asking you to answer for other people.

Edited by skeetafly