2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Maybe Dreamworld have had a change of thought and are starting to bring life back into the park.

Maybe the next step is to improve operations, or at least ride efficiency...

On a side note, not sure if anyone has had him but the main operator on Buzzsaw yesterday afternoon was the best I've ever seen in Australia. Really got into it on the microphone and put on a different accent for every ride. Put on a Shrek voice for some kids and got a group of teenagers involved with some chanting. Really entertaining even from the queue.

^ you don't actually know that.

I think he is trying to say that the park looked a little runner down and needs a makeover in some areas.

I think a few minor things DW need to now include:

- Repaint The Claw

- Clean River
- Replace a few signs in MDMC
I am sure there is plenty of other things I haven't included, but these are just a few minor things I have noticed. There are the obvious things that a few of us keep on saying like replace Eureka Mine Ride and give cyclone/log ride a makeover, but these are major changes that can't be done in a couple of weeks. Any other minor things that people think they need to do?
Edited by themagician

They already have the cameras on the ground for the last seconds of the free fall so I doubt they would. But you can see a frame above the gondola in my recent update which looks like it could hold a camera. They'd probably need two though because the gondola is 8 across not 4 across.

Also, you can see in the update that parts of the river are actually pretty clean. I'm not sure there's much they can do about the rest of it...

Edited by downunder196

how exactly are they going to clean the river? rivers are mostly pretty dirty and hard to keep clean

If you look at photos/videos of when the Paddle Boat and waterfall was running the river was pretty clean, not covered in moss

They already have the cameras on the ground for the last seconds of the free fall so I doubt they would.

And I think they have still got the towers where the camera's were sat; and they have still got the photo centre for it, it is just not longer used. If a camera could be installed on the ride, I think it would be a great addition.

how exactly are they going to clean the river? rivers are mostly pretty dirty and hard to keep clean

THIS

There is a difference between your usual muddy water, and something that is infested with duckweed and algae.

Golf couses, housing estates, parks etc often have ornamental lakes...Guess they all have some secret method DW can't do eh?

There is a difference between your usual muddy water, and something that is infested with duckweed and algae.

Golf couses, housing estates, parks etc often have ornamental lakes...Guess they all have some secret method DW can't do eh?

golf courses have ponds in them not rivers. ponds are just standing water where nothing much (except balls) flows into them. rivers are free flowing you know stuff keeps flowing into them making harder to keep clean. do your homework next time :rolleyes:

some community leader you are what A JOKE!!

Edited by bladex

I have a feeling from memory his name is Blake, he was operating Wipeout one day last year, i have never seen such a funny and enthusiastic ride operator before, he always had something different to do/say every cycle.

He is in this video:

Speaking of Wipeout does anyone know if the gondola on Wipeout has been attatched to the arms yet? I reckon Monday 7th will be the opening.

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

golf courses have ponds in them not rivers. ponds are just standing water where nothing much (except balls) flows into them. rivers are free flowing you know stuff keeps flowing into them making harder to keep clean. do your homework next time :rolleyes:

some community leader you are what A JOKE!! (spoiler tags removed so everyone can see)

On the topic of doing homework - I found this on google maps in about 3.5 seconds...

post-152-0-16227700-1404266722_thumb.jpg

As you can clearly see - the 'murrisippi river' is nothing but a lake with two islands in it.

In other news - golf courses don't just have ponds:

14aerial.jpg

So no Downunder - you're not wrong. (And neither was Gazza).

http://www.absoluteaquatics.com/8400af-kasco-marine-high-oxygen-aerator/

Excuse me Bladex, its an oval shaped lake not connected to anything with an island in the middle, not a river.

You can install aerators, reticulation systems, clean it up manually with a specially equipped boat etc.

How about You do your homework?

UQ has several ornamental lakes with islands...they didn't get weedy.

I messaged Dreamworld about the idea of installing video cameras onto the Giant Drop and they said this:

"We are close to doing exactly that! Great minds must think alike."
Thats good news. I think it will be a great addition to the ride, I will be buying one when they are installed. Each side of the GD will be close for a week in August, so I would say they will be installed then.

some community leader you are what A JOKE!!

Ahh, some golf courses have creeks and rivers running through them, I've played at plenty of them.