2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

MWs next thrill ride could be in the western area. Or the Doomsday ride gets put in...

Doomsday?

I think it would be really cool if they either knocked down Wild West Falls and built a SheiKra equivalent or even better somehow managed to have them both. BTW, is there any way to get people up to the Wild West Falls area where all of the snaking takes place? It's actually a lot of land... Is there space there?

Knock down WWF? You can't be serious? The only water ride in the park, that absorbs an amazing amount of the crowd during peak periods? The one truly themed ride left in the park (albeit not as good as once was).

About 50 metres behind WWF is a residential area. Nothing is being built back there, that's for certain

Doomsday?

I think it would be really cool if they either knocked down Wild West Falls and built a SheiKra equivalent or even better somehow managed to have them both. BTW, is there any way to get people up to the Wild West Falls area where all of the snaking takes place? It's actually a lot of land... Is there space there?

Doomsday was/is a potential new ride for MW that according to the agreements everyone signed up to, they would never talk about it outside of the surveys but everyone talks about it anyway. There's a thread about it here somewhere. Think Batwing but in the helix of superman escape.

Sheikra - lol

Knock down WWF? You can't be serious? The only water ride in the park, that absorbs an amazing amount of the crowd during peak periods? The one truly themed ride left in the park (albeit not as good as once was).

About 50 metres behind WWF is a residential area. Nothing is being built back there, that's for certain

Also this ^

I don't want it to be knocked down, but is there any other space for a Western attraction. IMO it is more essential for the park to build a new thrilling Western attraction than keep WWF. There is really only 1 Western attraction...

Do people live out the back of WnW and MW :huh: That surprises me.

As for Doomsday, I suddenly remember. But wasn't that a pipe dream? It seems stupid to have Batwing and Doomsday...

So your issue is there is only 2 attraction in the western area, so you want to knock it down and build, wait for it, another attraction. 1-1+1=1. You also said you don't want it knocked down, then twice suggested it. WWF is a great family attraction, it doesn't need to, nor will it, be demolished. There is room for a couple of solid flat rides if the area was re-vamped that is all.

Yeh, lots of the people live out the back of MW/WnW, it's called Oxenford & Pacific Pines, some of the biggest growth areas on the GC. Why would that surprise you?

Doomsday wasn't a pipedream, it was a concept/idea. No evidence whether it is still or ever was a truly viable option for the park. The ride is nothing like Batwing, well no more so than using the argument that DW should never build another coaster because they have Cyclone

So your issue is there is only 2 attraction in the western area, so you want to knock it down and build, wait for it, another attraction. 1-1+1=1. You also said you don't want it knocked down, then twice suggested it. WWF is a great family attraction, it doesn't need to, nor will it, be demolished. There is room for a couple of solid flat rides if the area was re-vamped that is all.

Yeh, lots of the people live out the back of MW/WnW, it's called Oxenford & Pacific Pines, some of the biggest growth areas on the GC. Why would that surprise you?

Doomsday wasn't a pipedream, it was a concept/idea. No evidence whether it is still or ever was a truly viable option for the park. The ride is nothing like Batwing, well no more so than using the argument that DW should never build another coaster because they have Cyclone

Someone's bitter :lol:

Anyway, what I was saying was that if itwas not possible to have both WWF and the new attraction, I personally would advocate removing WWF and having the new attraction. Didn't say it had to happen, just saying what I would want. And I do believe that the area needs another attraction. It barely exists now. It's almost like they created the Western area just to not make WWF look stupid. There is genuinely nothing there... A few flat rides could be helpful, however I do believe that the next big project should be Western and that project should be a Coaster. It could have worked to actually make Green Lantern a Western theme given many of the already existing El Loco's were Western themed. Obviously land and space was an issue.

As for people living, I am surprised. It is not a great location in terms of noise and I have never seen houses so close to the parks.

And as for you sayig that I said Dreamworld should never build another coaster, you are obviously deficient as I was saying the polar opposite. Cyclone is a bad Roller Coaster by International standards BTW. And the idea is similar enough to Batwing IMO for it to be awkward. I know one is a free fall and one is a launch... Why not just build a Batwing equivalent next to the Giant Drop!

but is there any other space for a Western attraction...

Show Stage? They can add a small dark ride there like what we have said for a long time. But we know that ain't gonna happen since SS became a maintenance storage area and location for Fright Nights. (Source came from one of my mates who works at the park)

^I agree. Dreamworlds gold rush town has a very loose theme, like i know the gold rush was a long time ago but it wasn't dinosaur period (on the River Rapids there is a animatronic dinosaur.) If Dreamworld could do what they have done with Ocean Parade i think Gold Rush country could be an Australian class themed area.

^Maybe they have plans to do this next year. I've read on a number of posts/comments on their FB page that they have a list of things they want to do throughout the park. Something was mentioned about the Mine Ride and DW replied that they have plans for this area in the future. Ocean Parade was just the beginning and as we have seen with a number of other improvements throughout the park, I think the park has got plenty they want to do to bring life back to the park.

I think that the park has merged these area together, because looking at the park map it only says Gold Rush Country:

post-29557-0-24995200-1412032774_thumb.p

Someone's bitter :lol:

Anyway, what I was saying was that if itwas not possible to have both WWF and the new attraction, I personally would advocate removing WWF and having the new attraction. Didn't say it had to happen, just saying what I would want. And I do believe that the area needs another attraction. It barely exists now. It's almost like they created the Western area just to not make WWF look stupid. There is genuinely nothing there... A few flat rides could be helpful, however I do believe that the next big project should be Western and that project should be a Coaster. It could have worked to actually make Green Lantern a Western theme given many of the already existing El Loco's were Western themed. Obviously land and space was an issue.

As for people living, I am surprised. It is not a great location in terms of noise and I have never seen houses so close to the parks.

And as for you saying that I said Dreamworld should never build another coaster, you are obviously deficient as I was saying the polar opposite. Cyclone is a bad Roller Coaster by International standards BTW. And the idea is similar enough to Batwing IMO for it to be awkward. I know one is a free fall and one is a launch... Why not just build a Batwing equivalent next to the Giant Drop!

Not bitter at all, but your arguments were contradicting each other. Everyone wishes the western area had another ride or two, specially a coaster, but the fact it's never happened or even been hinted at is a good measure that it's unlikely location to be utilised. Your suggestion of removing WWF is silly, because it's not even a slight possibility of being possible. There is no problem with you stating what you wish could occur, but at least be realistic.

The park and residents have co-existed for a long time. There is about 50-100m of bushland between the two which acts as a sound barrier, and WWF isn't a loud ride. With a sound barrier installed on the final drop, it's basically silent to residents. Putting a coaster in would be completely different. Don't forget DW has residential areas within a couple of hundred metres of their boundary as well. It's not uncommon.

I'll ignore the fact you called me deficient as a rookie childish error. You're new here, so may not be the Best idea to insult people who have been regular posters for Years. You are saying doomsday shouldn't be built as it's too similar to batwing. The similarity begins and ends with them being tower rides. Doomsday isn't even a launch tower. My comparison to DW was that you may as well say if you have a ride that runs on a track, don't bother building another one. Anyone thinking the tallest ride on the Gold Coast landscape wouldn't be a crowd drawer isn't thinking clearly.

Not bitter at all, but your arguments were contradicting each other. Everyone wishes the western area had another ride or two, specially a coaster, but the fact it's never happened or even been hinted at is a good measure that it's unlikely location to be utilised. Your suggestion of removing WWF is silly, because it's not even a slight possibility of being possible. There is no problem with you stating what you wish could occur, but at least be realistic.

The park and residents have co-existed for a long time. There is about 50-100m of bushland between the two which acts as a sound barrier, and WWF isn't a loud ride. With a sound barrier installed on the final drop, it's basically silent to residents. Putting a coaster in would be completely different. Don't forget DW has residential areas within a couple of hundred metres of their boundary as well. It's not uncommon.

I'll ignore the fact you called me deficient as a rookie childish error. You're new here, so may not be the Best idea to insult people who have been regular posters for Years. You are saying doomsday shouldn't be built as it's too similar to batwing. The similarity begins and ends with them being tower rides. Doomsday isn't even a launch tower. My comparison to DW was that you may as well say if you have a ride that runs on a track, don't bother building another one. Anyone thinking the tallest ride on the Gold Coast landscape wouldn't be a crowd drawer isn't thinking clearly.

I don't think it wouldn't be a crowd drawer I think it would leave Batwing redundant. And I think the biggest reason there hasn't been a Western expansion is because if real estate. IMO they've have made the DC Comics area disproportionately attraction heavy, completely detracting from the rest of the park.

As for the Western theme at DW, I totally agree. So many loose ends that need to be tied together. It would be wonderful if they had more attractions there. They've done a great job with Ocean's Parade.

We're at page 62... there has been 1542 1543 individual posts.

Wipeout's refurbishment is complete and the ride is open and has been for a month.

Tail spin construction and triple vortex construction has been completed and both have opened with few hiccups, photos and videos have been posted.

What else "on topic" is there to discuss, considering this topic is "2014 in dreamworld - tail spin construction, wipeout refurbishment and triple vortex construction" ?

We've even discussed their switch from coke to pepsi, new shops - hell - we even discussed the recolouration of the ocean parade pavement... I don't think theres going to be much more for dreamworld in 2014, except for the obvious Big Brother House attraction at the end of the season... which i'm sure will get it's own topic.

Frankly, the only reason this thread has made it this long and managed to stay close to topic is because the refurb and construction has only just recently been completed.

I got a mini newspaper in my letterbox today and its The Dreamworld Times. Its basically a A5 size newspaper, with about 6 pages saying about the newest attractions at DW and WWW, upcoming events, experiences, the park map, Big Brother info, sky point info and a couple of other minor things. I wonder if this will be a monthly addition in the post. I think its a good advertising scheme.