Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty quiet news cycle for Adventure World considering that they're opening this week. They have their annual physics day on Friday.

There's an interview with their new F&B manager. It should be interesting to see what they improve there (perhaps they'll get rid of the donuts?).

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/new-manager-to-shake-up-the-fb-offerings-at-adventure-world/

Apparently you can hire the park for your company. It states that the park had an 8000 person capacity for the previous season. That would be crowded.

http://adventureworld.net.au/#/group-functions/exclusive-park-hire/

The new character, Yarlotte, has arrived, making her older brother look a little bit faded.

http://adventureworld.net.au/#/news-events/look-who-has-arrived!/

Apparently Fright Nights will only be run over two nights this year. The limited early bird tickets sale ends this week. It sounds like they might be policing the bands a little better than they did last year.

Interesting - not quite what I expected. The cabanas appear to be on the cafe side of the pool, with only one facing the pool.

From AW's Facebook page:

A luxury cabana includes:
- Two cushioned sun loungers and two cushioned chairs
- A small bar fridge with 5 complimentary bottles of water
- A private safe to lock away your valuables
- A wall mounted fan
- Premium food service to your door

It would be good for special occasions. It's great that it has a safe. I wonder where the fifth person is supposed to sit?

post-2597-0-25042400-1411557000_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-73089700-1411557021_thumb.jp

Had a great day in the park. A lot of attention has been paid to the little details. The re-themed rides look great. The cabanas already appear to be making money for them. Abyss wasn't up for the first hour, but quickly came online after that. It was pretty much walk on up to a ten minute wait for all of the rides in the park. The much troubled Freefall was looking faded and was unsurprisingly not functional. A small team of maintenance workers were scaling the tower all day. The castle is all gone, but for the base. I think it will be difficult to build another attraction on this small parcel of land, unless its a family coaster that starts from the 'main land'. Nearby, trees have been cleared between The Shotgun slides and the Grand Prix Raceway (the possible site of a new ride sometime in the future?).

I didn't notice too much change with the menu and the food at the cafe. I couldn't locate storybook corner, but I did notice tiny little homes nestled at the base of trees at the back corner of the park.

post-2597-0-39838600-1411997395_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-34788400-1411997404_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-62646400-1411997410_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-22526400-1411997425_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-19231900-1411997440_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-53839200-1411997449_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-16953500-1411997462_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-91872500-1411997475_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-42736700-1411997500_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

There was an article about Adventure World on the WAToday website overnight. It confirms what we already know and supplies dates for:

Story Corner October 18th

Dinosaur Island November 27th

The New Menu October 18th

They talk about the castle and say that if it did come back it would have to be bigger and better. It's hinted that something will appear on that site within three years.

The big bombshell is saved for the end. That they are signing contracts for a new attraction that would be the biggest in the world if it goes ahead. I wonder if this means the biggest size of a ride or if they are going for a 'world record'?

Probably a really long water slide. They have cleared a couple of trees around the back of where the castle used to be. It's the kind of thing they could afford to do well (Reckless Loony also mentioned that they had vague plans for a water ride that starts at the top of the hill). As much as I would like them to make another dry ride to compliment Abyss, the result of the poll at the start of the year was for another wet ride.

Yeah, I hope not. There's always a worry when they go for the biggest in the world that it's a bit of a one trick pony.

Here's the link to that article. They also mention that they will have fireworks at their fright nights - just not by the same company as last year - I wonder why?

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/about-town/kids-put-adventure-worlds-new-food-and-rides-to-the-test-20141009-113cf3.html

From AW's Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage

'STARTING TOMORROW: You can catch the musical stage performance of "The Story of Dragon's Kingdom" at 3pm each weekend on the new Fairy Treehouse stage at Adventure World! Starring Flossy the Fairy, Yarli the Lovable Dragon and his cheeky little sister Yarlotte!'

Wait.. this is going to be a musical?! Things just got interesting.

post-2597-0-16132600-1413559489_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Last season it sometimes was over 1 hour. (Busy hot day in the mid 40's) If it is busy when you are at the park you can by a fast pass. $25 for unlimited cue jumping on Abyss, Rampage, black widow, Tunnel of terror, Grand prix raceway, bounty's revenge, Free fall. Or you can buy unlimited pass for just one ride of that list. Or you can buy a one shot Abyss pass.

Hope that helped!

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide