Sea World's Sea Viper closes after 32 years

Parkz News

^That's an interesting view Pushbutton (and one I think you've shared before...) however before we go into the details as to why you think flats belong in a fair ground - can you define what you consider to be a 'flat' ride?

The only reason I ask is that all of our parks have several 'flat' rides, so I just want to make sure what we consider 'flat' are the same thing...?

Is that third picture on the pathway between the Lighthouse and Beach Break Bay?

Yes it is

In my opinion, I think we are going to see some major works happening for the Creatures of the Deep attraction after the Summer holidays. I think that like Dinosaur Island, it will use the lighthouse area and that building.

On the theme park place's latest park update, they stated that they believe that now the top section of the bridge (next to jet rescue) has been removed, it could be the entrance to Wild. To me this makes sense, if it is still happening. And if it isn't, it could still make a good entrance.

Edited by themagician

Pumped dirt....this concerns me...I work in the development industry, I am no expert on this but often dirt that is pumped is a special formula of fertiliser, paper (moistened) and grass seed. It is a quick way to encourage grass to grow without the expense of laying large tracts of turf. The moisture in the paper mixed with seed and fertiliser allows grass to quickly grow up, if the conditions are right and it takes root then great...if it dies then no big deal it is relatively inexpensive.... The thin layer of soil is a tell tail sign...

Grass is also a great way to stabilise soil (such as sand) and is used on large land subdivisions to prevent loose soils washing away.... They may be thinking of a long term solution...a grass paddock....

Hopefully this is wrong....

This may just be a technique to further stabilise the soil - as you say the grass assists that process. At least turfed area will be better than barren hot sand - the grassy areas will be usable space once more, and later it can be developed further.

Space is at a premium at Sea World. They won't leave such a large tract of land vacant for long.

I doubt it - clearly DW has been focussing on Ocean Parade for a long time, and they've started now working on Goldrush area. There is still a lot of space left at DW. Tearing down Eureka is a big operation - given it's shared wall with the cinema, and it's proximity to the rapids.

Plus this is VRTP we're talking about, not Ardent Leisure.

Or, perhaps they realised that revealing their plans openly too far in advance means they look stupid when the plans fall through, so therefore - they are keeping it secret until closer to construction so as not to keep continuously raising and then dashing hopes of fanboys everywhere.

The last thing I'd want to see at Sea World is a flat ride. In my opinion, they are for fairgrounds, not theme parks.

IMHO this park is screaming for one or 2 quality flat rides. SeaWorld needs to restore the balance somewhat in their ride to attraction ratio. They now have lost over the years 3 rides ( Thrillseeker, Pirate Ship and SeaViper) without any direct replacement.

And also sorry I have to disagree- flats are essential in any theme park to flesh out and bring diversity to the attraction offering. They definitely belong in Theme Parks. Just look at the numerous examples of well themed flats in some of the best theme parks in the business- including Disneyland.