Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

Its done!!!

Thankyou Mods for seeing reason. Obviously there were people who cared enough about it to request the change and agree the change was warranted.

Time to carry on posting now. 

Hopefully we can see something definitive regarding the future status of Eureka over the coming 12 months.

Here is a thought.

If Dreamworld were to go ahead and refurbish and reopen Eureka, do you guys think they will take the route of a full name change like they have done with Cyclone/HWSD? Would you support this or would you rather it reopen under its old moniker?

Personally, I think they would keep the name Eureka Mountain Mine Train because its what everyone remembers riding when it was open, not some other name. Basically, they'd keep it for nostalgias sake and if they changed the name, we would probably be seeing a lot of complaints on Facebook.

Edited by Wil_i_am_not

1 hour ago, Xexon said:

After the incident I had a face to face discussion with guest services. Among other things they said they had concluded that it wasn't feasible reopen the ride. 

Yeah. That must explain why they started going to the trouble of testing it for months following that incident, because they had concluded it wasn't feasible to reopen. Makes perfect sense *facepalm*

If there's one thing i've learn about theme parks is that nothing is set in stone, especially when it comes to future projects. Surfrider at Wet 'n' Wild is a great example of a ride that was meant for one park, and then at the last second was installed at another. In the last 18 months alone i've seen one or two major projects get pushed around or even delayed over the simplest of reasons. 

So what do you do then as someone in guest enquiries asks you the same question you've been asked a hundred times already that no one except for the board & management know the answers to? You give a concise and definitive answer to avoid having a longer conversation where you have even less answers to.

10 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

Have you got a little bit of insider knowledge there? Seems like a little bit of a wild claim to make without having any supporting evidence

Let me ask you some questions that should help guide you in the right direction:

- What themed area in the park is having an anniversary this year?

- When do new rides or refreshes generally open in the year?

- How long does construction of that type generally take?

With a bit of common sense, you can guess if anything were to happen, you'd know when.

Edited by Slick

1 minute ago, Slick said:

Let me ask you some questions that should help guide you in the right direction:

- What themed area in the park is having an anniversary this year?

- When do rides or refreshes generally open in the year?

- How long does construction of that type generally take?

With a bit of common sense, you can guess if anything were to happen, you'd know when.

My intention wasn't trying to say that this whole scenario of Eureka being refurbished is impossible or unlikely, but rather trying to get some form of evidence to help me believe djrappa's original statement.

Someone claiming that some of the park's representatives were wrong on a relatively secret matter is a little bit hard to take without any sort of corroboration. However, djrappa's has been pretty reliable and I believe his statement, at least more so than some other members.

I forget to mention this to you guys back two weeks ago,  I found out the reason why Kevil Hill was closed for the majority of last year was Dreamworld could save up money so they can do more projects around the park, (I got told this by a Dreamworld employee for those are curious) 

do you think Dreamworld might have the correct amount of money to begin on restoring the ride thanks to Kevil Hills closure? 

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion