Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

I find it interesting how Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are used in many of the promotional materials for this new themed area, such as e-mails and Facebook posts, yet we haven't seen anything to suggest that they'll be getting their own themed rides. 

If wonder if they'll be relegated to shops or shows? I mean, I wouldn't be too upset if I they had a Ninja Turtle pizza joint...

This is on the website.

Get ready for Sea World’s most amazing new family experience – Nickelodeon Land!

Opening late 2015, the Nickelodeon-themed area will include: kid-sized rides, Sea World’s first ever mini rollercoaster, new shows and all of your favourite characters including Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob SquarePants and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The multi-million dollar Nickelodeon Land will be an expansion of Sea World’s kids’ area and will include three distinct character neighbourhoods, four brand new rides, plus some of your favourites like the iconic carousel.

Get ready for a rollercoaster adventure at Sea World’s Nickelodeon Land!

So the will be rides on Dora and TMNT. We know what three of the rides are. We just have one more we don't know. 

If it was better pizza than Dominos, (and much cheaper too) I'd actually BUY it occasionally!

Let's be honest, Pizza is one of the easiest, quickest, and CHEAPEST foods to prepare, and if done with a bit of thought it can be made moderately healthy too!

Domino+Theory.jpg

One second we're talking about pizza... next thing you know you're judging your own life choices thanks to an image that's deeper than Chicago Deep Dish

But I do agree. Pizza is cheap and easy in the best possible way, not to mention there's a real possibility for a tie-in. It would just depend on available locations, cost, and the fact that they already have a pizza place in the park. I'm probably missing some criteria but that's all I can think of at the moment

It was purely just an opinion. As one of the rides is in place and is spongebob themed, and I'd imagine as spongebob is probably a more major character, it would have the coaster. So I'd say the spongebob area would cover (approximately) the area I draw. Dora was purely based off that the Dora show is at the front. I know that there are meant to be new show/s, so that was the only reason I put Dora area there. And TMNT has the remaining area.

Well it looks like we're getting two rides definitely themed to Spongebob. Either a demolition derby or tea cup ride with Jellyfish styled vehicles, as well as a Rockin' Tug themed around a bus. 

Breath_of_a_Fresh_Squidward.thumb.JPG.d1

This is shaping up to be pretty good. Even though I'm not in the target demographic, I know that when I go to Sea World once the new additions are opened I will definitely be riding a couple of them.

And here is the shell of that bus:

image.thumb.jpeg.0bd74cccb4209319a85cda0

It appears that coaster track has arrived as well:

image.thumb.jpeg.910c87dedfe909925eb621b

That Orange Submarine/Bus is definitely from Spongebob

10225898.thumb.jpg.f61621615957a75930999