VRTP Renewals

Brad2912

The thing is people don't budget over a whole year.  They budget over whatever their pay period is, so I think there are a lot of people who would buy a pass at $4.50 a fortnight than who would pay $99 a year, even though the $99 is cheaper.  I don't think they'll be able to change the price once people are members, and are just hoping people don't cancel their membership to increase the number of passes sold.  They might increase the price for new 'members' down the line but I reckon that'd be it, though they've shown a real lack of willingness to make money on the gate.  

As I always say, I hope one day they can bring in a tiered ticketing system to stop the parks from overcrowding on some specific weekends and school holidays.  If not, I hope they invest some money on extra capacity to help the parks cope, wether that's by leaving the parks open after 5 on expected busy days, putting on more staff or using extra cars on rides (or all of the above).  

Ditto! I'd rather fork out $400 once and be done with it, rather than being slugged with a $40+ direct debit per month. 

Do you think they're counting on people thinking there's only ten months in the year?

I think as long as they give people the opportunity to pay once a year or every month, that's a fair deal.  I would prefer the once a year deal, myself.  Coming from interstate, you might visit twice that year, then leave it for a while (like the next time they spend some capex).

I don't recall posting or implying anywhere that there is only 10 months in a year. The only reason I said $400 is because that's exactly how much we just paid to renew our current four passes for 12 months, and was using that figure off the top of my head as a yearly cost example. 

I am very aware that future ones will cost more, especially when upgrade costs are taken into account. 

Geez, picky much? ?

Anyway, I think it's great they currently have both monthly and yearly payment options. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Edited by OceanGirl

I don't recall posting or implying anywhere that there is only 10 months in a year. The only reason I said $400 is because that's exactly how much we just paid to renew our current four passes for 12 months, and was using that figure off the top of my head as a yearly cost example. 

I am very aware that future ones will cost more, especially when upgrade costs are taken into account. 

Geez, picky much? ?

Anyway, I think it's great they currently have both monthly and yearly payment options. Hopefully it stays that way. 

No, I wasn't implying that you thought that. :)  Just the psychology of how they price their tickets.

It doesn't help that December is the last month of the year!

Every time I enter any of the Village parks (I don't seem to see it as much at Dreamworld / Whitewater World) I walk past dozens and dozens of people lining up at the ticket booths. I would assume most of them are there to pay for a single day entry.

I think it's likely most of these people are interstate or overseas tourists, and thank goodness for them as they give the parks enough money so that I don't have to pay much! Long may that continue, although I'd still be more then happy to pay a fair bit more than I am currently.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it isn't membership, but I got an email this week with MyFun's new price points for the parks - the old "3 park superpass" has been reimagined again - in  7 day tickets or 21 day tickets - for $84 or $89 respectively (I mean - for the price difference few would baulk at the extra $5 if they were on the coast longer than a week).

Its an attractive alternative for holiday makers who aren't on the coast long - especially when compared to the now $108 pricepoint of the 'old' VIP pass with the new Memberships... the question is - is the pricepoint close enough that you might convince people to get membership so as to take advantage of the discounts etc - kind of how some people will buy a disney annual pass for one member to take advantage of that....?

https://myfun.com.au/theme-parks-passes/buy-tickets

• 1 month later...

Anyone know why the new annual passes (non-unlimited) are 'VIPP' passes? I have friends up from Melbourne who bought some - the flimsy coloured ones - and was trying to work out what the new extra "P" stands for on each of theirs.

My old seaworld boss claims it means they are the monthly ones, but turns out that theory is wrong, as our friends said they paid outright for them. That and I know the hard plastic Unlimited ones are monthly ones. Its probably something really obvious but I cant work it LOL!