Sign in to follow this  
Obstructure

Gyroswing Name

101 posts in this topic

I might be wrong but there isn't a name for the new gyroswing to go into Dreamworld so how about we throw a few names into the hat and see if we can get anything close to what it will be called? Any suggestions?

Very funny guys. It better have an ocean theme if it's going to be in Ocean Parade. Something like 'Typhoon' to fit in nicely next to Cyclone

Sorry to break the humour in this thread but the name has already been chosen and only administration know, NOT EVEN I KNOW :confused: But i'll see this weekend if i can squeeze it out of Sean or someone. :D

^no need Slick Because I will still be calling it "Thing That Swings" Ian"you should see my nickname for cyclone"Clark

Let's think about it, Tower Of Terror is based around an abandoned shaft which is an escape route from the melting and toxicated world, which is in the middle of a old classic style town where you get your photo taken with old western-style "folkel". So i'm guessing if it's near Ocean Parade it will probably be based around swinging monkeys and that the gorillas are threatening the species of monkeys (the ones with the red butts, or they baboons? meh...) so you swing around until the baboons go away!?!?!?!?! Did you get that?

I actually think that "IF" they were going to revamp the Thunderbolt instead of demolish it, they should've rethemed it to "the screech of revengene", can you hold on? Just read my last post and laugh...... or just keep post, yeah actually just keep posting....

my first thought was hurricane It called be also called tornado (very close to cyclone) Or guyser. i think i like this one better. or whatever. Has dreamworld actually released any info saying that they are constructing this ride this yr in septmeber or if they even are doing it.

I actually think that "IF" they were going to revamp the Thunderbolt instead of demolish it, they should've rethemed it to "the screech of revengene", can you hold on?
How about calling it "Revenge of Screech" instead, and get Dustin Diamond in on the ad campaigns and everything? Skip that one if you don't get it - you're probably a bit young.

my first thought was hurricane It called be also called tornado (very close to cyclone) Or guyser. i think i like this one better.
Why would they call it geyser? From dictionary.com...
gey·ser    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (gzr) n.   A natural hot spring that intermittently ejects a column of water and steam into the air.   (gzr) Chiefly British. A gas-operated hot-water heater.  
I think Tsunami would fit the ride well.

How about calling it "Revenge of Screech" instead, and get Dustin Diamond in on the ad campaigns and everything? Skip that one if you don't get it - you're probably a bit young.
Hahaha I used to love Saved By The Bell :D

So i was in Dreamworld today as it was my RDO and it wasn't very busy so i spent most of the day there, and I have some news to share with you all: The whole area where the gyroswing is to go is fenced off and they've started digging up the area. The area that is closed is from the end of the wipeout to the surf shop, including the sandwich bar. And as for the name, if I were a betting man, I would put money on it being called................. something starting with C. Don't know if I should spoil the surprise or keep the suspense for a little longer........ The name is what I heard from around the park anyway.

Give us a hint Obstructure. Is it Ocean themed? Many thanks for the news by the way. This is exciting stuff. They are starting early! I'm surprised to hear it wasn't busy today... that's unusual isn't it?

Sounds, cool. Anyone who frequents DW got any photos for us? Be cool when the components start getting delivered though. I have no idea what the name will be, I kept getting the word crash come into my head and it quashed my attempts at thinking of a name.

I go in reasonably regularly, so I could take a digital camera one time and give some updates, only problem is there are fences in the way so you can't see in that well. Lately I've been popping in for an hour or two which has been unusual because usually I go for most of the day, but it has mainly been looking for updates. You can maybe see it all from the Wipeout or Cyclone if you are quick but there's nothing really exciting at this stage, just a lot of digging. It is pleasing to see them start this so early so it should definately done by September. It was really out of the blue today when I saw it all. Anyways, I am presuming it will be Ocean themed because it is practically right next to the Wipeout. OK another clue then: The name doesn't sound Ocean Themed to me, and I'd expect most of you would agree. So if I were a betting man...... The name would start with a C, and doesn't really fit into the Ocean Theme.

I will be very annoyed if DW plonks this ride down in the middle of Ocean Parade and doesn't give it an ocean or related theme. Unless they are going to say it is actually a part of Main Street?! DW needs to start looking at consistency. Next clue please Obstructure. Not enough information yet