Movie World Fright Nights 2016

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

"Do not touch the actors and they will not touch you"

"they will NOT touch you"

.....unless you happen to be standing in front of them with a camera, in which case they'll just run in to you :P

Thanks for sharing! My nephew runs past you at 39secs (white shirt, blood - he's in the F13 maze). It's his first ever job and we hadn't managed to get a photo of him yet! 

14 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

"Do not touch the actors and they will not touch you"

"they will NOT touch you"

While some of the actors posed if you got photos with them (looking at the clowns here)...  We found the mummies were very touchy feely on most of the interactions people were having with them (yes even when not taking photos)...  My wife even said she thought they weren't supposed to be touching people...

That Silverwood thing is on the site, but doesn't seem to let you book. Does anyone know if it's sold out or not happening?

Did the UTT on Saturday (on top of the Star Tour and Pit Pass (discounted for Star Tour peeps), what a day), enjoyed it. I especially liked the Conjuring and thought Friday the 13th was improved. The other mazes were good too. The UTT extra experience was fun and something different to the other years - I preferred the previous years, but it was still good. 

1 hour ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

While some of the actors posed if you got photos with them (looking at the clowns here)...  We found the mummies were very touchy feely on most of the interactions people were having with them (yes even when not taking photos)...  My wife even said she thought they weren't supposed to be touching people...

I think the touch thing is more for people who are scared or react to shock by punching the actors. When posing for a photo or similar, clearly you're inviting them to participate to some degree, and I don't see a problem with it... although the rampage down mainstreet shown in the video, some blame can probably be attributed to a lack of some actors to see ahead of them because of the people in front of them.

I'm reminded of a cycling race video i've seen on youtube or facebook recently, where I think a motorcycle camera stopped, and everyone just plowed right into the back of him...

39 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think the touch thing is more for people who are scared or react to shock by punching the actors. When posing for a photo or similar, clearly you're inviting them to participate to some degree, and I don't see a problem with it... although the rampage down mainstreet shown in the video, some blame can probably be attributed to a lack of some actors to see ahead of them because of the people in front of them.

I'm reminded of a cycling race video i've seen on youtube or facebook recently, where I think a motorcycle camera stopped, and everyone just plowed right into the back of him...

I'm talking just normal walking down main street they were reaching out and touching us, putting their hands on cameras as we were taking photos or video...  Not while we were posing for photos with them or even of them...  

2 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

I'm talking just normal walking down main street they were reaching out and touching us, putting their hands on cameras as we were taking photos or video...  Not while we were posing for photos with them or even of them...  

I think more so the "don't touch/they won't touch" is more for the mazes. On main street it seems to just be a respect thing from 99% of people not to touch them, then to onus is on the actor if they want to touch you. 

IMO if they deliberately touch, it's accepted for you to touch them back. 

@Theme Park Girl The panic room review you posted on FB was really good. One of the more positive reviews I've seen so great that you enjoyed it!

I feel like everyone who does it is told that they were very close to finishing... I wonder if the rooms are set up that way, to have the first few challenges easy enough to get through in the time, without allowing much time for the harder last challenge to be completed unless you can get through the first lot very quickly?

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

@Theme Park Girl The panic room review you posted on FB was really good. One of the more positive reviews I've seen so great that you enjoyed it!

I feel like everyone who does it is told that they were very close to finishing... I wonder if the rooms are set up that way, to have the first few challenges easy enough to get through in the time, without allowing much time for the harder last challenge to be completed unless you can get through the first lot very quickly?

Well given that you only have 20 minutes and it can be solved within that time, there's a good chance that most people will be "very close to finishing" when their time runs out. 

7 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I wonder if the rooms are set up that way, to have the first few challenges easy enough to get through in the time, without allowing much time for the harder last challenge to be completed unless you can get through the first lot very quickly?

I read this in an IAAPA article on permanent panic rooms a while ago:

Game masters monitor the rooms using CCTV cameras and guests can ask for help. If a team is struggling, the game master can drop hints to push it in the right direction and allow it some extra time.

“We don’t stop the game after 60 minutes and say, ‘Sorry, your time’s up, you need to leave.’ It would not be a good experience for them. Eventually, everybody gets out, and our company policy is that every team needs to find a way out by themselves.”

Remember, MW's panic rooms are temporary so operators won't be as flexible in extending time in the room/providing hints.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

The final party for frightnight has been eliminated cancelled i asked them why and this is there excuse. Hi Danial, the ‘Final Party’ Fright Nights event on 31 October at Warner Bros. Movie World has been cancelled out of respect for those affected by the recent incident at Dreamworld. We will be contacting all ticket holders over the next 48 hours to provide a full refund and a complimentary ticket to the standard Fright Nights event on either Friday 28 or Saturday 29 October. Thanks for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact us on 13 33 86 if you have any questions. Rach from Movie World.