Dreamworld Q&A

here's some news coming from the same source who said told me about Kevil Hill's closure, the Big Brother House is set to be demolished very soon, it's rumoured that the land is becoming part of Westfield redevelopment, 

the individual has heard that Dreamworld is apparently bringing the KH laser tag back now due to feedback from guests demanding the laser tag to return, 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

image.png

The new marked entry on this is down near the Australian Wildlife Experience, and is after vintage cars (as to get to the vintage cars you have to cross the creek). The "brown" number 8 section sitting separate to the rest of the park is the dreamworld eucalyptus tree farm and vintage cars location.

BBhouse.png

This is the latest nearmap image (May) of the BB house, it seems like they went to an effort to go around the house when clearing and making the boundary fences so why would they suddenly demolish it now?

51 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I also heard from the same source that Dreamworld is also considering bringing back the Mummy maze they had a few years ago very soon,  we will have to wait and see if the KH and Mummy reports are true..

If by few you mean 7 years ago... 

The Mummy is completely irrelevant currently, and whilst there is a new rehash landing mid 2017, it seems a strange thing to bring back to me - I don't believe it was an in house production (someone can correct me if I am wrong), so I would doubt the set up we saw back in 2008 would still be running anywhere

On 27/08/2016 at 3:44 PM, Theme Park Ninja said:

The individual has heard that Dreamworld is apparently bringing the KH laser tag back now due to feedback from guests demanding the laser tag to return, 

Doubt they'll open it again. Too much work for them to do. They'll have to fix the 2 briefing rooms, get the guns back and get them to working order. Would love it if they actually did bring back laser. Could use a good shoot.

9 minutes ago, ashhole157 said:

currently at surfers anyone know what the deal is with the places selling 2 theme park tickets for 40$?

Stay clear. Just like the muppets in park getting you to do their scratchies..

basically you'll get invited and need to attend a couple of hour long presentation on, generally, joining a holiday club or buying into a holiday rental/share agreement. You'll have no obligation to buy, but it's 2 wasted hours of your life...

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

But hey if you're that hard up - an hour or two of your time in exchange for half price tickets isn't that bad of an offer.

You're getting something, and they're getting something.

NO. Honestly before even considering doing something like that, they need to do their research online first. Look up both Wyndham and Ultiqua scam. There are so many horror stories about both! 

In a few cases, Ultiqua were sending uninterested customers away with unsigned holiday vouchers, who later discovered that they couldn't be redeemed without a signature. 

Others report that they have had their credit cards charged without their consent. 

They should be avoided at all costs, they are BAD news! 

A couple of the dozens of examples (and don't forget to read their comments, too) : 

http://www.timeshareconsumerbureau.com/news/the-wyndham-timeshare-scam

https://ultiqa.wordpress.com/tag/scam/

Honestly I still question how these crooks are allowed to operate at our theme parks when there are so many negative complaints and reviews about them online. They are clearly dodgy ?

We've discussed the timeshare companies on here previously. I fully expect this will likely get moved by a mod to that thread if the discussion continues, but in the meantime I feel compelled to respond.

Firstly as disclosure - two of my close relatives have shares in Wyndham, and a friend of mine does too. My most recent trip to Disneyland Resort was at the Worldmark Anaheim (affiliate through Wyndham) and I can honestly say it was fantastic.

The thing is - people don't go into these things with eyes open. Your link to Wyndham refers to it repeatedly as a scam, and they (and i'm sure anyone who knows how to use google) found countless reviews, blogs and complaints about their process... however this link also says:

Most timeshare contracts are signed without even being read

...and that's the problem of the consumer. The sales tactic is legitimate. The ACCC have investigated complaints about this style of marketing and selling and found it to be in accordance with the trade practices act. People attend these 'seminars' willingly, lured by the promise of a free hotel stay, discounted tickets or small gifts. I can't comment on Ultiqa - never seen or heard of them, but Wyndham's tactics are well known, and totally legal.

Anyone who signs a contract without reading it is an idiot, deserves everything they get and receive no sympathy from me. All one has to do is watch Judge Judy or The People's Court to see the same old story about how someone didn't read their contract properly.

As for their appearance in the theme parks... i'm sure they pay handsomely for the privilege. The parks therefore get a revenue stream from it which allows them to buy other things we want. If you aren't interested in it, or think its a scam - a simple no thankyou, or walking on the opposite side of the path is the end of the interaction with them.

If you do attend a seminar, its usually because either: 1) you're interested in what they're selling; or 2)  you want something for free, which is what they promise to give you if you come.

Either way - you attend because you want something out of it. They offer the free things to you to get you there. Its the cost of marketing. They could buy TV ads costing thousands, or they could purchase tickets from the theme parks wholesale and then offer them at a substantial discount.

Bottom line - don't like them, don't go, but don't go, and then complain that about how you wasted 2 hours of your time, or were pressured into buying from them - thats the price of the free tablet computer \ discount tickets. Nothing is free in this world.