Carnivale 2017

Zanstabar

Yeah I'm glad someone finally said it.  After going to a couple of events one last week one this week I was starting to think I was going to a different event than other people.  Sea World is a park full of massive potential and possibilities.  Carnival manages to use none of it.

Heres what they should do for Carnival next year; Take it back to Movie World during off peak periods, as it has no business being at Sea World in the peak season.

What would work well at Sea World though would be to take the entire budget of Carnival, open the park till 8, and have a decent sized show on the main lake at closing time, and include it with admission, and a couple of bands around the place.

Edited by joz

The food was the biggest dissapointment of Carnivale this year for me, the majority of performers were great.

As others have said the event should have been Free of Charge with General Admission to begin with, they actually are handing out tickets to guests exiting the park and resort guests are also free to enter.

Also interesting to note is the walk up adult price is $15 rather than the $20 for prepurchases from the website.

I was really looking forward to some of the food options from previous years as everyone made them sound so good...  And most of it I could have eaten...  Oh well...  Sort of want to say there is next year but this being my first year going put a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended) and when we went to our first fright night and it was rather lackluster it took us 10 years to get back :P 

Carnival was a massive fail for me.  When it was first announced carnival was moving to SW, I got a little excited with all the possibilities.  All SW have achieved is to mimic MW and take out what doesn’t work for SW.   When you think of the possibilities of what SW could have incorporated into this event to make it their own, makes skeet’s blood boil a little.  SW could have run the event in my backyard and you would have not known the difference.

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Carnival was a massive fail for me.  When it was first announced carnival was moving to SW, I got a little excited with all the possibilities.  All SW have achieved is to mimic MW and take out what doesn’t work for SW.   When you think of the possibilities of what SW could have incorporated into this event to make it their own, makes skeet’s blood boil a little.  SW could have run the event in my backyard and you would have not known the difference.

Keep in mind, it was more of a test run. I wouldn't think that if they did it again next year they'd have it exactly the same. I'd like to hope they've learned a lot about what does and doesn't work so they can adjust. I'd be very disappointed to see a clone of the same thing next year as it was already a copy/paste job from MW to begin with. 

I think it's time they look at it and start fresh, consider it a new event and build it from the ground up. 

^ I have kept that in mind.   If I hadn’t got my tickets for free, I would have felt ripped off.  DW offerings blew all Village 3 parks away this year.   With what SW had to offer they would have been better off turning it into a pool party at WnW.   Let us face it, Village have no idea on how to deal with large crowds & make those people leave feeling happy.

Hard not to agree with that ^^

Fright Nights was, IMO, the most disappointing since it moved on from its early beginnings as a family event. 

White Christmas was a notch down too IMO, the parade has become less and less interesting with zero new additions, the lighting ceremony was non existent basically. 

And the more I reflect on last weekend at SW the more I realise the only enjoyment I got out of it was just the fact I was at SW at night for the first time, which was completely irrelevant to it being Carnivale

Edited by Brad2912

I concur with the sentiment expressed about the food, that is the major attraction to me as well. I'd love it if they had foodie nights, Millionaire Bacon for the win.

I guess VRTP is in a pickle because they are putting on expensive events that aren't fully a separate gate (i.e. a freebie for season pass holders, albeit the extra cost of the higher pass tier might subsidise it a little) and may not recoup the cost from ancillary spending in the park. I've heard rumours (I stress rumours) Carnivale is dead after the SW event, but I guess we'll see. 

4 hours ago, downunder said:

I guess VRTP is in a pickle because they are putting on expensive events that aren't fully a separate gate (i.e. a freebie for season pass holders, albeit the extra cost of the higher pass tier might subsidise it a little)

Valid point, however that's a Pandora's Box they created by themselves. If they want to keep doing high quality after hours events (and I hope they do because some of them are rippers) then don't depreciate the value of the product to the point where people expect free tickets and then we won't have this vicious cycle occurring.

Take Fright Nights for example, most nights were sold out, which is a great indicator that provided you keep adding fresh new ideas to your event then people will more then likely come back.

Comparatively, Carnivale.