Jamberoo Fan

Thunder River Rapids Incident Coronial Inquest

591 posts in this topic

lol.

my first reaction was to think 'who on earth would care about how to pronounce the guy's name with the subject matter at hand?'

then i realised I was on Parkz. Cue 4 page thread discussing name origins and history. ;)

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Pretty sure its actually pronounced “Newman” just like that guy Gary Newman. 

Who is Gary Newman?? and why do you believe that “Nau” phonically makes a “new” sound? 

Ie.

Nautical - N-or-ti-cal not N-ew-ti-cal 

Okay guys, so there has been an NPO (Non Publish order) for the things discussed during the first moments of today. One of the journos has already gotten into trouble for posting it. I’ll figure out what’s going on and then post the details from early today if I can. 

Essentially, Angus Hutchins, the Safety Manager for Ardent, has applied to give evidence sooner rather than later as his mental condition is deteriorating after witnessing the event and court will be a very stressful time for him. 

• Like 3

It was briefly mentioned this morning that the staff will be perusing civil action but the front page of the courier mail today is the first time that the assisting legal team was made aware of it. 

Mr Cruz only accessed TRR documents stored on DW hard drives after the incident in 2016. Prior to this, those documents couldn’t be located. 

Mr Cruz has just finished giving evidence

• Like 2