Calls for Dreamworld to change their name

joel

>Ardent sells park
>Mirvac or someone buys park
>Mirvac or someone closes park
>Mirvac or someone strongarms the council into rezone of land (think Simcity- turn blue land into green land)
>Mirvac or someone spend a year or 2 popping up houses in the area
>Mirvac or someone sells houses
>Dreamworld gets forgotten

>Dinosaurs eat man.... Woman inherits the earth.

I won't presume to claim expertise in the future of Dreamworld or the land that it occupies. What I will do however is point out a few things to keep in mind:

Those saying "wonderland" comparisons - the Wonderland grounds were in one corner of a very big interchange now named the Lighthorse interchange. It was a huge intersection connecting north, south, east and west. It could very quickly manage traffic from any direction to any part of the greater Sydney basin with relative ease. Once the Badgery's Creek airport is constructed (which won't be very long) it will only serve the needs of Sydney to an even greater extent. (And Badgery's was talked about even back then). It was the perfect place for an industrial logistics centre - freight, cargo and manufacturing. It was a huge tract of land ripe for industry, and far enough away from everything that few NIMBY people would complain about it.

The best point about turning it into an industrial complex, is a very large parcel of land can be sold to one large corporation. The corporations aren't too worried about 'the view' or 'local amenities' 'how close the school is' or is it 'a good neighbourhood'.

The dreamworld flip would be harder. You're not building an industrial logistics and freight centre halfway between two major cities. There's little logic in locating places there as Coomera is a fair distance from major airports, sea ports, and (major) rail networks. So - as has been suggested given the growth corridor in that area, it is almost certain that the property would become residential, if anything.

Now - a few issues there - which I've already alluded to... but in short, its not as quick and easy to flip when you're selling in small house sized blocks. Sure, a large developer like Lend Lease might snap it up, and then flog it piecemeal in stages... but its still a long and slow process (as evidenced by North Lakes) - so its a long game for whomever decides to buy... and not everyone is in a long-game mood in this current climate (until the right price is achieved of course).

Point is - a 'wonderland' style deal isn't likely here, and even if similar, it will be a much harder sell.

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Now - a few issues there - which I've already alluded to... but in short, its not as quick and easy to flip when you're selling in small house sized blocks. Sure, a large developer like Lend Lease might snap it up, and then flog it piecemeal in stages... but its still a long and slow process (as evidenced by North Lakes) - so its a long game for whomever decides to buy... and not everyone is in a long-game mood in this current climate (until the right price is achieved of course).

Point is - a 'wonderland' style deal isn't likely here, and even if similar, it will be a much harder sell.

Really? Land is in short demand on the Gold Coast and people are now living in Pimpama believe they are living on the Gold Coast.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong and probably doesn’t make sense, but I did some research, and found somewhere that the DW land can’t have properties developed on it due to the high possibility of flooding. So I assume because of DWs infrastructure it hasn’t caused for this to happen

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

I thought Pimpama was just a classy name for south Beenleigh. Like Forest Lakes is for West Inala 😂 

Wash your mouth out. South Beenleigh is Yatala or at a stretch Ormeau. 

43 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

That would be Windaroo.  Pimpama is great if you don't mind listening to your neighbors go to the toilet in the morning.

I built here back when you had to drive 10mins to get to a shop. Fortunate to have owner occupiers on either side so never have dramas. For all the bad rap it gets, its a great suburb to live in.

But I thought the topic was about DW 'chageing' name - not  "DW turned into cheap Housing Suburb"?

FWIW, I'm with @Roachie on this. Dreamworld is bigger than Pancakes, twice as big as the Metre Maids and (in ernest) 3 times as big as SeaWorld.

It will not disappear into the History books anytime soon and certainly not without a huge Public Fight.

• Like 2

Coomera is literally one of the fastest growing areas in queensland. The whole foxwell road is exploding and coomera is merging into pimpama and into jacobs well, etc, etc. The new westfield is not the single reason for the intercharge built over the highway to supply foxwell road, the housing estates are too.

Both sides of the highway, back down reserve road into upper coomera and down into stapylton and ormeau. Both sides of the road are going gang busters for housing. 

If the park was turned into housing tomorrow, it wont take years to sell, itll be snapped up inside the first year. 200 acres is NOT that big an area to physically develop. 

For me, if it went that way, with westfield being so close and highway access being excellent, I could see some high density going in with a bit of a precinct, possibly lake/canal style waterfront with prestige blocks. Kinda a bit like what happened in carrara.