The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

4 hours ago, Dom said:

There is just as much first-party evidence for this as there is for the sinking slab rumour because there is none. The park is publicly tight lipped regarding most details on this project so your word is as good as mine. 

Also assuming that my sources are some random staff members is cute.

Someone literally said a staff member said it wasn’t opening any time soon. 

The first party evident that the whole ride sits on a giant slab is the fact it does, which anyone can see with their eyes. 

The fact you believe your word is good (the ‘as mine’ bit is redundant) is cute. 

The entire idea the ride is sinking is nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, Dom said:

I don't care because I don't trust you. I said I heard similar, not that the slab is sinking. I called you out because you said that multiple people hearing similar problems regarding the structural integrity of an attraction was moot because you have eyes? Touch grass, my friend. 

Talk about Chinese whispers.  structural integrity🤣   How did you jump from sinking to structural integrity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Someone literally said a staff member said it wasn’t opening any time soon.

Also just to clarify, I did try to stress as much as I could that it both likely means nothing and that I have no credibility. I only mentioned it in my repost as I thought it'd highlight that even the staff there have their doubts.

Edited by Tricoart

1 minute ago, Tricoart said:

Also just to clarify, I did try to stress as much as I could that it both likely means nothing and that I have no credibility. I only mentioned it in my repost as I thought it'd highlight that even the staff there have their doubts.

Don’t worry to MOST people that was very clear. Same as most people realise next to zero staff or insiders have any real info on a project until it’s handed over by the builders to the park. 

• Love it! 2

7 hours ago, Dom said:

I didn't think much of it until I saw the pictures of them thoroughly checking the structure plus train clearance. 

every coaster that has head choppers / low clearances is checked to make sure passengers you know, wont have their heads decapitated or hands broken. it happens to every ride including Steel Taipan when they checked the tunnel and rock structure after the mid course. also i think it’s pretty self explanatory as to why they’d be checking the structure especially as wood can expand.

i’m trying to keep up with this but y’all confusing the hell out of me, can someone just tell me if the ride sinking or not🧍🏽‍♀️

Edited by Rivals

10 minutes ago, Rivals said:

every coaster that has head choppers / low clearances is checked to make sure passengers you know, wont have their heads decapitated or hands broken. it happens to every ride including Steel Taipan when they checked the tunnel and rock structure after the mid course. also i think it’s pretty self explanatory as to why they’d be checking the structure especially as wood can expand.

Cheers for the explanation Rivals and I appreciate the friendly approach in response to me being ignorant. I'm aware of the clearance process, but in a jetlagged stupor I put more scrutiny into normal processes after hearing the rumour. 

Ultimately it's just that - a rumour. I wouldn't think much of it until we get closer to September and have more information about the coaster's state.

Edited by Dom

• Gazza locked this topic