The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

the posts have now been taken down, won’t be surprised if someone higher up found out and now people are in trouble…

The parks do not mess around with that stuff, its very serious and a foolish thing to do for a few likes. 

Hmm, it doesn't look too bad, I'm surprised they didn't the sign covered up until closer to the opening date, sorta like DW did with Sky Voyager.

The one thing I do dread is what it's going to look like in a few years, artificial hedging, like artificial grass, I find doesn't age well, it fades really badly. So, I hope they maintain it.

What a great attraction sign. 3D signs are just so much better! I think the fact the sign isn’t completely on the green wall is good. And that is definitely all fake planting. I always prefer real planting, but in this instance, for the effect they are going for it works. Hopefully it looks alright up close too.

They might have just not done it yet, but i hope they continue the green wall round to hide that white maintenance building more, or maybe paint it so it blends and isn’t just a white box 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, themagician said:

They might have just not done it yet, but i hope they continue the green wall round to hide that white maintenance building more, or maybe paint it so it blends and isn’t just a white box 

They're definitely still there working despite the rain, what looks like shade cloth in between the arches was getting covered too.

The building doesn't really stand out to me. The spectacle is the wooden structure of the ride itself and Trident. There's so many other white things around it just kinda blends into the rest of it.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

The one thing I do dread is what it's going to look like in a few years, artificial hedging, like artificial grass, I find doesn't age well, it fades really badly. So, I hope they maintain it.

I feel like artificial is going to look 100% better than the real thing in a couple of years, I've never seen a vertical garden looked after. Looks like they're using astro turf on the ground though, that's going to be uncomfortably warm in the heat of summer

10 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

...if it's real, it will get better with age, but real is expensive, and this isn't real. it's paint, and paint will require upkeep. 

Oh, yeah. Sorry, don’t mind my brief moment of stupidity.

Well, let’s hope they do maintain it. But, their track record isn’t the best, still they can redeem themselves.

13 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

Do we have any idea how close the attraction is to opening? The ride itself has been done for ages, and the theming/queue looks to coming along nicely, so I just wonder how soon it will take to get the coaster up and running for guests at the park.

I don’t think they’ve started day time testing yet so my guess is they’d probably still have a lot more test cycles to go, probably 3/4 more to be complete.

However, that can be done fast as long as the theming is now complete (which it looks close to or complete.) For an opening timeline though i’d say;

Staff Previews: - Middle of November

Pass holder Preview's - End of November

General Soft Opening - Early December

Opening - 7th - 15th of December.

17 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

Do we have any idea how close the attraction is to opening? The ride itself has been done for ages, and the theming/queue looks to coming along nicely, so I just wonder how soon it will take to get the coaster up and running for guests at the park.

Hopefully not too long.

A bit difficult to say. I'm gonna put my money on the rough time frame @Rivals has put together, however, I think boxing day or the 27th, would be when it would open.

When gardens are planted that's the sign that it's really close, and I don't think that'll be far off.

• Gazza locked this topic