WNW - GC upgrade ideas

Tim Dasco

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Space Jam was on last Friday which I attended where only around 15 people were in the pool and maybe 15 more people out from the pool so it makes sense they cancelled it 

I didn't say space jam. I said CHarlie and the chocolate factory meet Bugs and Jordan.

image.png.d2aeb1374440db6c4a1711d5ca308b54.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So glad to see something done and dusted bring torn down there and not just sitting rotting away. 
It’s funny it’s another park that’s meant to be ‘under new management’ but really seems the main place that’s happening is a few km down the road. Such a big change in the Oxenford parks in the last couple years and now seems WnW is getting the attention we’ve recently seen at MW. 

• Like 3

WNW has always been a miss for me when visiting the GC. I remember having a lot of fun there but considering it seems that VRTP forgot it existed they just haven't really done anything to bring me back in. I don't really feel the need to spend an entire day at a water park considering we have WNW: Lite in Sydney but if I want to sate my slide urges I'll just duck over to WWW whilst at Dreamworld. Good to see it's finally get some attention and I hope we get some well needed upgrades and additions. 

• Like 1

So I decided to make a little rough concept art for an expansion and remodel of WNW. With Mach 5 gone and the unsure outcome with Black hole. I thought if they decided to gut the entire H2O zone and start from scratch this would be a cool idea. This is a rough concept so excuse the quality. 

This plan has the follow:

• New food outlets around the area along with lockers, toilets etc...
  • Water slide Wheel (White Water West) 
  • A Mammoth style water coaster (ProSlide)
  • Rain-fortress and Splash pad area (White Water West)
  • Tower 1: (Proslide)
    • Tornado 60 enclosed
    • Tornado Wall 60
    • Tantrum Alley
  • Tower 2: (Proslide)
    • Bowl Alley
    • Family raft slide
    • UFO Raft slide
  • Tower 3: (Polin)
    • 2 Family single raft slides
    • Corba Waterslide

I feel like this plan gives the park some good solid waterslides for thrill seekers and family. Along with some gimmicky stuff and world class stuff. I doubt we would ever see investment off this size at WNW. But we can dream. (Also the Poling slide complex comes from the original concept art from Outback Splash)

1887285428_ScreenShot2020-10-15at8_08_16pm.thumb.png.ab6d25ef6b462ef16e94a31b4cc7e1d2.png

• Like 5

Good to see these slides getting removed. But what will occur? Will the rumours of a slide wheel come to fruition?.  Or will get a grassed area with more seating.

I would hope they would get a great slide that's a family attraction honestly. A water coaster would be epic or something like a custom tantrum alley would be good.