Rabbit2014

Arkham Asylum Maintenance 2020

90 posts in this topic

Well it seems Arkham Asylum is back down as of today, it must be having some serious issues so think we might be saying good bye to it very shortly. 

It seems more like they are actively trying to fix whatever the issue is, given the open/close cycle. Yeah, its an old ride, but its generally pretty reliable all things considered. Down time between open periods could be waiting for parts or repair/testing. Especially if age is making it hard to repair or find parts. 

If it was just a case of its old, we cant fix it, they probably wouldnt have been reopening it multiple times over the last couple of months. Youd just write it off and close the ride when it looked like it was a difficult fix.

Edited by Levithian

While I do agree that space will be ripe for the next major development at the park, and hopefully when they do, they'll incorporate pathways from WWF to Superman via scooby into the mix, but I disagree with the hate for SLCs. Sure, they have a reputation, but Arkham is by all accounts one of the better SLCs out there, especially with the newer train \ restraints.

I do hope the old girl still has some life left. The park can't afford another major just yet, and losing Arkham will leave a large hole in the park's lineup.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

While I do agree that space will be ripe for the next major development at the park, and hopefully when they do, they'll incorporate pathways from WWF to Superman via scooby into the mix, but I disagree with the hate for SLCs. Sure, they have a reputation, but Arkham is by all accounts one of the better SLCs out there, especially with the newer train \ restraints.

I do hope the old girl still has some life left. The park can't afford another major just yet, and losing Arkham will leave a large hole in the park's lineup.

Couldn’t agree more Arkham is a great coaster and one of my Favourite in the park, hopefully when they get her open she does have a few more years left in her 

@AlexB rivals is a new coaster on the other hand Arkham is most likely deteriatiating rapidly and I personally think it's not worth spending anymore money on for its time it has left. Maybe announce a final ride on it though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Fountain of Improbability 2

Well at least it shows Arkham asylum getting more maintenance this year after current period. Hopefully she reopens soon and has many more years left before they retire her.

• Like 1

Hang on... Rivals and Superman closed at the same time?

I feel bad for guest services staff already. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, djrappa said:

Hang on... Rivals and Superman closed at the same time?

I feel bad for guest services staff already. 

Yes there will be some pissed off guests I think. 

I notice that both rivals and superman both have seemingly longer maintenance periods than previously? I’m sure rivals was only about 3 weeks last year?