gavinfulikes

Dreamworlds “Shaded Seating Area” officially named

Seating Areas new name  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the name “Kickback Cove”

• Yes
    • No

21 posts in this topic

That's where Dreamworld meets with their construction contractors and ride suppliers to exchange... pleasantries.

Also - kudos for Dreamworld making the convention centre a permanently listed park map attraction within ocean parade. Gotta make it look like we haven't just closed half the park!

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Also - kudos for Dreamworld making the convention centre a permanently listed park map attraction within ocean parade. Gotta make it look like we haven't just closed half the park!

I would say it’s also to make it easier to find when they have events on in their because they state that it’s held in there, but people may not necessarily know 

What I’ve never understood is why is Giant Drop listed under Gold Rush Country, but the path leading to it green which is Main Street?

C2EC89D1-1BD2-40A4-8BDA-9584ED339870.thumb.jpeg.f8ec6c0d59d7815e0589df3a907e1bab.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I would say it’s also to make it easier to find when they have events on

Yeah I get that, but multifunctional pillarless space sounds too intense for me. It isn't something that should form part of ocean parade's attraction lineup. List it separately, like toilets or smoking areas. Don't make it an attraction when it isn't even open.

1 hour ago, coasterdude44 said:

I do like the name of Kickback Cove though, it has a nice ring to it

Better than Bribe Alley.

29 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Yeah I get that, but multifunctional pillarless space sounds too intense for me. It isn't something that should form part of ocean parade's attraction lineup. List it separately, like toilets or smoking areas. Don't make it an attraction when it isn't even open.

Valid point 

• Like 1

The station building still forms part of the facade for Dreamworks, so they can't really delete that - it is a structure in the park that people will see, and need to reference to orient themselves.

but the number 3 map point is definitely an oversight. Perhaps renumber Sky Voyager as '3' instead of '66' and then it won't look odd.

How ridiculous that Main Street is numbered 1, 2, 66 (and also, that Tower of Terror was somehow a 'Main Street' attraction?).

Note the now orphaned '3' in the top right of the picture:

image.thumb.png.61180bc2d5a99c7f47cdf2f3ef6119ce.png

I was really hoping for Wipeout to be replaced with a Tourbillon themed to be a sort of upgrade to the old wipeout. They are similar size and could easily be tied into the surf theme. Pic in case your not familiar. 

F5691D71-0071-424B-B68A-C3B0E0188F5E.jpeg

Gees they missed an opportunity with the name. Everyone knows (especially the insta-fiends this area seems to have been created to appease) that It would have been so much Kooler if it was called “Kickback Kove”.

its all about the K’s.