Viking’s Revenge Flume Ride Removal

themagician

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ShakeShack said:

This looks great. Far better than an abandoned ride.

It definitely does, and I’m glad they haven’t just left it to continue rotting away (even if it did take them 7 years). Areas like this were much needed at SW, hopefully they add some seating and umbrellas because it’s a very exposed area in the summer.

But you know what would’ve been even better there, an Intamin Half-Pipe Shuttle Rollercoaster

• Love it! 2

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Areas like this were much needed at SW

Though I agree it looks good and is a decent enough use of the land, Sea World’s the park that needs ‘areas like this’ the least, here. It’s already got the hill near the seal show stadium & layered platforms in New Atlantis for ‘picnic spots’, as well as many dedicated covered seating areas.

I think the same could be said about Kickback at Dreamworld, them both being decent enough uses of space that look visually pleasant. The only differences between them that’ve altered the perception of one & not the other is that process from closure to construction/opening was much less sudden than with Wipeout, and this one offers a much needed route update for the park.

In both cases, though, there definitely could have been better uses for the space, & while still retaining the route benefits of this one.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

didn’t Surfrider have a 140cm height restriction? I think if they moved it to Sea World instead they would’ve had to figure out a way they could bring the height restriction down, like getting new trains cause as we have seen (Vortex) 140cm height restrictions don’t work at this park.

Surfrider did have 140cm height requirement and a max of 200cm I believe. 

You are right about Vortex, however I also think it comes down to it doesn’t look like an enjoyable ride and it just isn’t. It’s uncomfortable, jolly and lacklustre.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Let's hope in 2024, SEA World announce a new fully water based ride, for all the family, but with a solid thrill element in the mix too!  I don't know, whenever I think about SEA World not now having a flume based ride, for some reason, it's a really glaring omission from their line-up!  🐬🐬🐬

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, New display name said:

SW need to fill that hole up with water and chuck some goldfish in it.  😁

I think I said this last year, but unironically a proper indoor aquarium (not Sea Jellies) would go a long way for SW IMO. And that plot would’ve been a great place to put it. That, or the space they’re wasting with the new warehouse.

19 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Whats wrong with Shark Bay?

That’s a great outdoor space for their larger species. What I mean is a small-ish building (whatever fits the space), with some separate tanks. If you’ve been, think like Australia Zoo or Wildlife HQ’s Reptile House, but with a more cohesive theme, and for smaller aquatic species (smaller fish, eels, starfish, etc) instead of herptiles.

Edited by Tricoart

I think Sea World is pretty good on the animal front honestly. Penguins, Penguins, Seals, Turtles, Sharks, Dolphins, Stingrays, Other... rays, Big fish, some smaller fish, star fish, other reef animals, some birds (wild), jellyfish. Am I missing anything?

I think that's a pretty good wrap up of animals. another aquarium wouldn't help pad out the day.

I agree, there's tons of cool animal exhibits, and I personally think Shark Bay is world class with some great experiences attached to it to boot. I've done the tropical reef snorkel and the cage dive (back when Elle the Bull Shark was still around) and love that attraction. My partner has dived all over the world and seen tons of sea creatures in the wild and she was impressed (wasn't expecting to). 

23 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Am I missing anything?

Polar Bears. 

But yeah, SW would surely benefit from another ride (or, reopening a closed ride) before it would benefit from a new animal exhibit. But, if they’re gonna do neither & just make a long pathway/lawn, I’d have liked if they’d at least had that pathway contain (or be contained by) something interesting or worthwhile. And an area w/ some shade & AC, a passable level of theming, and a couple fish tanks, would be a more satisfying way to make it more than just paving over a ride for a pathway.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Some parks i've been in overseas have had small aviaries or enclosures with animals in those small 'transit' spaces. If we are adding an animal attraction though, bring on the Otter!

If they were to do a singular larger species like such, I feel they could do better than Otter (unless, somehow, they got Sea Otters, the likely species would be Asian Small-Clawed Otter. Which, though lively, are rather common, and don’t really scream ‘Sea World’). Pipe dream larger species for me would be Dugong, as they’re disappearing from captivity (Sea Life Sydney, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, and Toba Aquarium in Japan seem to be the only current holders), & Sea World’s kind of in a prime position to keep them, if given enough space.