Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2023

TBoy

Yeah - aircraft maintenance isn't too dissimilar to car maintenance in that they're generally a mass produced product, with an established, international standard, and national and international governing bodies setting forth the rules on everything. They are orders of magnitude larger, and there are a lot more people with the skills that can transfer between companies and do the same job.

52 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Qantas outsource because it works out better for them in the industry.
it's stupid to compare that to the Movie Wolrd maintenance team as why would they pay more to outsource when they could hire full time people for cheaper. It wouldn't work out unless they could cut a deal with full time contractors but for them to see this as worth it I highly doubt, they would go to extreme lengths to make this happen.

Village already outsource some of their maintenance work.

8 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah - aircraft maintenance isn't too dissimilar to car maintenance in that they're generally a mass produced product, with an established, international standard, and national and international governing bodies setting forth the rules on everything. They are orders of magnitude larger, and there are a lot more people with the skills that can transfer between companies and do the same job.

Stop drinking at work.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2023 at 7:59 PM, Noll_57 said:

Great news! I hope they only use the new TV’s to play the original queue line video and don’t try to run ads on them like 90% of screens on VRTP properties. 

SE's new TV's do actually play the original que video and static timetable display! Hoping this stays the case.

Worth noting Road Runner has reopened early from maintenance and Doomsday has been cycling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

If only our parks had a similar offer (the park was hit by a storm taking out heaps of infrastructure for rides)

they did a similar thing in covid when the parks were forced to shut. Our parks don’t seem to think slow wait times and a few ride closures are enough of a reason to offer “revisit another day” pass. Thought it would be good if they did.   

the way you had your comment was confusing. I thought you meant you wanted our parks to have a ride offer similar to Alton Towers. till I hit the link…

also you probably could’ve almost opened a new thread for it.

Edited by REGIE

5 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

If only our parks had a similar offer (the park was hit by a storm taking out heaps of infrastructure for rides)

https://twitter.com/towerstimes/status/1668206334406189061?s=46&t=kAv3fj8w_BijNi9imhtCgw

image.thumb.png.1245481f1f3740c99867794fce95dd72.png

image.thumb.png.eab274d03b7385ff6603b529f2a22faf.png
image.thumb.png.348cecfa9ca2463cbc0df6808752980d.png

If I was a day ticket holder, and fronted up to an overseas park I was unlikely to visit again, and the ride closures looked like that, i'd be asking guest services for a full refund rather than a free pass i'd never use. 

And If I was a local, i'd have an annual pass and probably wouldn't care.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

they didn't care

Well, your personal experience must mean its the same everywhere and expiry dates are added by corporations just for shits and giggles then!

56 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

This is likely the same everywhere that offers it - knowing that you're from overseas. 

No. It isn't. In case you missed the sarcasm above. 

I don't want a voucher i'm almost guaranteed to never use. In the words of my attorney,

image.png.0d50be95304e52fb7c2384be8311ef61.png

13 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Also in the good guys UK book is this - 

image.thumb.png.3cac2cc282229e9f74c2caea9e817b1a.png

Yep, and that's perfectly fine, assuming no unplanned maintenance or downtime. People clearly can't complain if they were told about it before purchasing. 

It doesn't make it ok to charge full price when your park is decimated by closures, and it doesn't make it ok to offer a voucher for a return visit and refuse a refund.