Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

22 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If the cross hatching you did to indicate the building is correct, both the forwards and backwards sections of track (per Walley's animation) will go outside the station, so observers will see it running both forwards and backwards prior to boarding.

Gosh, you are calling it early.  Looking at the plans, I can't tell which side is the entry and which side is the exit to the station.  If the entry is from the Murrissippi river side it looks like DW are screening the view of the backward track with the station, plus there is the unknown on how DW are going to theme the jungle.

@New display name my guess is the entry will be on the Murrissippi river side, with the exit towards the former TOT building. And I suspect the queue will be similar to the indoor of Leviathan in the way that it will be immersivley themed and like a tunnel leading through to the station.

On 20/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, themagician said:

What about the track length of the vintage cars? I know the current track is around 360m.

And if anyone knows for another comparison, what was the length of the original track was before motocoaster came along?

Murrissippi Motors is 375m.

17 minutes ago, themagician said:

@New display name my guess is the entry will be on the Murrissippi river side, with the exit towards the former TOT building. And I suspect the queue will be similar to the indoor of Leviathan in the way that it will be immersivley themed and like a tunnel leading through to the station.

That would be my guess too.

If you're read the plan how it should be read, the drawing shows the pathway is a raised pathway and the coaster track goes under the path in most cases.  (my gut tells me the drawings are wrong🤷‍♂️)

Track above Murrissippi Motors.

zzzzzzzzzzz.JPG.7494beb617e1d5fa04025c74ecd55e5e.JPG

Track above path near brake run.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG.317f65f4467483cfe14b1b91560d28f7.JPG

Path above track near station.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG.6fd4b132b58398b78e4e75aa4d385925.JPG

Coaster track above Murrissippi Motors and below path.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG.44f5dab0b016db82290a2a863e06a811.JPG

• Like 2

Could theoretically be a tunnel too (which would look a lot better), but can’t exactly figure out the exact details of the drawing (because the resolution is too low) to make a conclusion on it.

I’d say the track section that goes in and out of the building will do just that above the exit path (looks like it, the queue is to the left). Think Eureka and how it went in and out of the structure in the line of sight of guests.

Edited by Baconjack

33 minutes ago, New display name said:

The whole crossover between the 2 worlds is dumb. 

It feels that the new area is in a weird hybrid of both Dreamland and Ocean Parade. The buildings and theming look like something from the latter, however the aesthetic, path and map make it feel as it is in Dreamland. 

57 minutes ago, themagician said:

DWs socials refer to the dodgems being in Dreamland and not Ocean Parade 

IMG_0255.jpeg

That's absolutely ridiculous! The whole concept was to extend OP down to Serpent Slayer as SS didn't fit the Dreamland theme. That's why Dodgems are 'deep sea' dodgems!

Somebody let the work experience kid run their social media channels again...

• Like 5

When the Ocean Parade announcements were originally made, I had thought that the splash pad was replacing the former trolls village area. And while relocating the Serpent Slayer would've probably been the ideal option, the cost probably wouldn't have been worth it from the parks perspective. But considering we've lost a couple kids rides, maybe it would have been to make the whole kids area feel even more complete.

I think long term the park likely has plans for the unused corner of Ocean Parade (hopefully some big new attractions) because if you include the former laser skirmish building, trolls, flowrider and the thunderbolt land, that's a massive area for a theme park (or waterpark) to expand.

Demolition has begun. While it's sad to see the original tavern be demolished, I am not sad to see the ruined version of it go. We sort of already knew this because of the site plan, but it won't be long before the entire area from MDMC to the Restaurant will be flattened out.

image.thumb.png.6664a15f88e4a052fe07d00d51e8c3a2.png

Because of its positioning in the park and the dence vegetation surrounding it, a part from peaking over the fence, there aren't many locations in the pakr to watch construction. Which could suck for getting photo updates, but will help with the surprise and big reveal of the land (something we don't get often).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...