The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

@Dean Barnettgive it a rest, we’re all tired of it.

Look I don't dole out a lot of reacts (mainly lazy) but this post ^ should be getting more reacts.

13 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I'm happy to be proven wrong - but all the kickback i've gotten so far is just pretty poor personal insults - no logical discussion.

No one knows why Rivals has seatbelts (but Levi doesn't) and why they won't let anyone do their own seatbelts.

It's very obvious you're happy to be proven wrong - you do it so regularly.

The reason you might feel you aren't getting logical discussion is because everyone here has given up trying to be logical with you. There are people on these forums who literally do these things for a living, and you've stood here and told them they're wrong when they get PAID to do this.

Plenty of people know why Rivals has seatbelts. I've even TOLD you. You're just not listening.

13 hours ago, Gazza said:

What if you are in the station and are sitting around for ages. I've experienced that too in some places. Or worse still waiting for a minimum number of guests to cycle.

Truthfully, most GP are very happy with a 'once and done' approach on a park they haven't been to before - they ride, they get off and move to the next thing. Gold Rusher at MM was a walk-on for us, but we did it once and moved on because there was other things to do.

12 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Rivals doesn't need seatbelts. 

Rivals certaintly doesn't need operators to put the seatbelts on.

I'm happy to hear other reasons why their operations are so slow.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

No you're not.

10 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Don't you guys understand that the queue line wait time is directly related to the cycle time?

Yes we do - and this just proves you aren't reading what people say to you. Just a reminder where I said:

14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

While the ultimate aim of your long-winded ramble is to show that improved and more efficient operations will reduce wait times (spoiler - we all fucking know this)

You're so focussed on your own desired outcome, you aren't even reading what everyone else is saying - you're latching on to what you want to reply to and ignoring everything else.

9 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

You should probably go back to the original reply.. saying the "whole spiral section was full" was full doesn't really give a great indication on how quickly the ride was cycling.  What's our defintion of the sprial section being full? 

From my own observations, I would consider the entire spiral section being full to equal about a 40 minute wait, so reading the report yesterday that the spiral was full and the wait time was only about 20 minutes immediately tells me that operations were running much faster than the last time I was there, or the GC has had another COVID outbreak and we're back to 1.5m distancing in the queue.

6 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I’m trying to work out if the denseness is a put on, or genuine. 

I think the answer is back on the previous page - 

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

you wont stop due to your superiority complex. @Dean Barnett

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rappa said:

This entire thread is basically a bunch of people arguing one point and a single person making a different one. 

Isn't that like 80% of threads on here though? There's always someone who is "right" despite the overwhelming evidence 

• 1 month later...

Here’s a write up on the show tech used on the coaster 

https://www.showtech.com.au/2023/05/lighting-and-controlling-the-monster-that-is-leviathan/?fbclid=IwAR34OaJmNMMHM8Mc5EyVbeJiyE9dOeYQXw-F3RqlkWXVhobvOPwv8Ay9Mjk&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Btw that media service is capable of running unreal engine for live rendered videos and effects. Just sayin. 

• Like 2

Inputs via Q-Sys from the rides PLC control system provide triggers so that the coaster lighting can follow the path of the train as it completes its circuit.

I've seen this 'chaser' effect at Knott's Berry Farm on Hangtime and it looks superb (though they have fixtures mounted on the track - different regulatory requirements I guess) - I wonder if Sea World would consider integrating this capability into things like the spooky night light shows in the future - does leviathan have the resolution to do something like this?

I don't think it has those lights for regulatory requirement's.. just for the look. 

They could probably emulate chasing with floods, but it wouldn't really have the same effect.  They could add fixtures though for special events I guess. I'm assuming the ride system can provide a trigger the moment the train crests the lift hill, and provide a estimated cycle time - that's all the data you'd need.

2 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I don't think it has those lights for regulatory requirement's.. just for the look. 

If you read the article you posted, it said

With the height of the rollercoaster varying between 3 and 26 metres and the attaching of fixtures to the structure prohibited, lighting fixtures had to be located on the ground and consequently needed to pack a punch.

And then I read where you said

They could probably emulate chasing with floods, but it wouldn't really have the same effect. 

And it made me wonder if you even bothered to read the article or just saw the headline (which would explain a lot about your time on these forums)

Inputs via Q-Sys from the rides PLC control system provide triggers so that the coaster lighting can follow the path of the train as it completes its circuit.

Which just goes to illustrate how much of something you understand before you open your mouth.

hang time has fixtures that are located in the track.

Yes, I said that

Levi has fixtures that are located around the track

Yes I said that

they could chase

They do chase. I said that.

everything else that I said is still valid. 

Debatable.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Leviathan’s lights do already follow the train. 
However as the train’s eyes light up the lights actually turn OFF on the structure as it passes by as the park wanted the effect of a ‘shadow’ of the creature and to emphasize the train lighting. 

they could chase but it wouldn't really provide the same effect - everything else that I said is still valid. 

No it doesn’t provide the same effect, it probably has more impact given the scale of the structure. However currently that’s not the program that’s in use as the park wanted what’s above. 
But I’ve seen it and it looked great. 

It could also easily be incorporated into any shows on the lake. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I realise I am very late to the party, but I got a chance to ride leviathan the other day! Wow what an incredible ride.  The layout is amazing start to finish, the station is incredible, the queue line is fun going in the middle of the layout!. Just all round epic.  I rode front, middle and back.  Back is my favourite but the drop is really fun in the front because you hang there longer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/07/2023 at 11:52 AM, Gobbledok said:

Youd think that a competent design team would have thought about the need to close this area off for maintenance and provide for an attractive way to so

photo credit to some facebook post by someone 

IMG_3651.jpeg

With the amount of fencing around the dolphin pool right now, they've probably run out of cool 'save the sea lion' banners to hang on it. 

It is a dismal attention to detail and one that could be corrected pretty simply - just hang a giant BODGE sign on the side!

On 29/07/2023 at 11:20 PM, Tricoart said:

What’s the 20%?

Probably Leviathan's station.

35 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I hope they put some light curtains in next time levi goes down for its bimonthly maintenance

Before anyone responds to that, any chance you can be more specific about exactly what it is you want added, and the reason why?

Just so we know what we're shooting down before the goalposts move...

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

To preserve the show scene of the station and contain the smoke efffect. 

Not an inherently bad idea, doubt they’d do it though (especially as a retrofit). Scooby had similar, but they removed them. Only instance of a similar thing in AUS that still remains (off the top of my head) is the doors at WWF’s drop.

Edited by Tricoart

Superman had those doors too between load and unload. they were gone for so long, but i heard they recently came back. 

not sure if possible in our regulatory conditions - i think a lot of these got removed as they couldn't be made to fail 'safe' and always had the potential to cause injury if the doors failed to open. that's what i've heard, anyway.