Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

It’s great to see the park is being so transparent about what’s happening and what’s to come. And it’s great they’ve put effort into the banners on the construction fencing too.

We’ve complained forever about the parks literally pretending they aren’t constructing giant rollercoasters until 2 weeks before soft open so this full story time transparency is good… provided they keep transparent if things are delayed…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Also the theming on Candy Flyer seems incredibly cheap, hopefully it’s just temporary.

208EFCC5-9576-40FB-B8B1-ADA900697D9A.jpeg

The theming is the exact same as it was when it was Gingy’s Glider. Other than the removal of Gingy. There was no mention of the ride on the information walls at the start of the area, so maybe it’s retiring this year.

6 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Don't really get what's wrong with it's paint job tbh, it's just a simple red-coloured car on a kids ride. Is it the little bit of roughness above the wheel?

Yeah I don’t either… that’s how the Rat’s car looks in the early shows on ABC Kids 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nowhere near as bad as that amateur paint job of “snake skin” or whatever it’s meant to be on the black fence as you drive in

• 4 weeks later...

The entrance sign could definitely be better thought out. I know it's likely the way that it is 'cause it's meant to be all-encompassing for both the ABC IP sections & Dreamworld's IP section, but I can't help but think it'd be better if it was split like it used to be, with individual themed signs for each section & a separate 'Dreamland' sign out the front like the former Dreamworks Experience sign. At least the Theatre sign, Tree House sign, and Forest Flyer sign seem to be promising so far. Sign sign sign.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

I can't help but think it'd be better if it was split like it used to be, with individual themed signs for each section

How does that work when you have wiggles planes right next to bananas carousel and wiggles coaster? they aren't separated into 3 distinct land areas - its all mixed in from what i've seen..

22 minutes ago, New display name said:

@TricoartABC kids world is gone.  It's K & B Dreamland with some ABC themed rides within it.

That’s how they seem to have planned it, yes. But is it not the case that the layout is at least very comparable to: Kenny & Belinda’s = Madagascar, ABC IP attractions = Shrek, and Ocean Parade expansion = Kung Fu Panda? If that is the case, they could’ve hypothetically tied them both into the all-encompassing ‘Dreamland’, but still have an ABC IP area (like the aforementioned ABC Kids World) that’s distinct enough from Kenny & Belinda’s area, as they did with Madagascar/Shrek within ‘Dreamworks Experience’, giving them both seperate mini-areas with their own dedicated signage/names. It’d also have the added benefit of, in the case that the ABC IP runs out (or they get a different IP), they’d just have to update that area of ‘Dreamland’.

Edited by Tricoart

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

They planned it that way because it is the case.  Nowhere within the area will you find ABC World.

I understand that, what I’m saying is that I can’t help but think it’d be better if that weren’t the case, and an ‘ABC World’ + the Kenny & Belinda section were distinct mini-areas within an encompassing ‘Dreamland’, instead of being completely meshed into one.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

But is it not the case that the layout is at least very comparable to: Kenny & Belinda’s = Madagascar, ABC IP attractions = Shrek, and Ocean Parade expansion = Kung Fu Panda?

No, it isn't the case. 

The Shrek Carousel is now BIP.

The Dronkey Flyers location is apparently the location for the Wiggles Plane ride. 

I'm making a few leaps here but as Gingy and the Sword Swing is allegedly on the chopping block, this is likely to be the wiggles coaster location. 

You're not entirely off track though. Yes, K&B attractions are primarily the Madagascar area and the Shrek area will primarily house the IP - but those IP are mixed in, so having separate signs as you enter each zone doesn't work.

39 minutes ago, New display name said:

Think of the positives, you can now watch the Kenny & Belinda's show and you don't have leave the DW Theatre to watch the Wiggles Show.

That's a good point - by not delineating the specific lands, you can put any of those themes into the theatre (which sits within the "K&B Zone") and it is still within the 'dreamland' without needing to assign specific labels or banners