What is Christmas Eve crowds like for theme parks?

REGIE

Not sure if there is a topic for this or not but I was wondering how are the crowds on Christmas Eve? Especially at wet’n’wild and seaworld.  I was thinking of going to one of the parks on Christmas Eve but thought I would check here first. In case that day is like known for being super busy.

Christmas eve traditionally isn't too bad. Like it's not a weekday in February quiet, but it's around half of what you'll get a few days later.

The rest of this post is for people who google Gold Coast theme park crowds Christmas 2022:

For anyone wanting to know, barring abnormal weather, this year the busiest days at the parks will be the Tues the 27th and Wed 28th, probably the 28th will be the busiest this year. If I had to pick any park to visit, it would be WnW, arriving in the early/mid afternoon. Enjoy the wave pool, Calypso Beach, Aqua Racer, maybe Mammoth, and leave the rest till late after 4 till 7:30 close. The three weeks after boxing day are the busiest of the year, normally it does get a bit less hectic the further away from boxing day you get.

Weekends are often relatively quiet as people all as a group think 'I'm not going at the weekend during the holidays, it'll be too busy'. Understand I said 'relatively', it is still the peak season of the busiest year for a decade. It'll be packed. If you can delay your visit till something like the 19th of Jan, I would encourage you to do so. You'll hopefully get something more in line with a normal weekend, but will all coasters running all the trains available, extra shows to soak up the crowds and the same extended trading from the peak.

Good luck out there!

• Love it! 1

If you don't have kids, go after the 23rd of Jan. The drop off after kids go back to school is huuuuge.

But yeah, if the rest of the year is any indication, and if the weather holds, this really could be one of the biggest peak seasons the parks have seen. If you're a local who can go any day you want, ask yourself if you NEED to go, and if you do go, manage your expectations.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, joz said:

If you don't have kids, go after the 23rd of Jan. The drop off after kids go back to school is huuuuge.

But yeah, if the rest of the year is any indication, and if the weather holds, this really could be one of the biggest peak seasons the parks have seen. If you're a local who can go any day you want, ask yourself if you NEED to go, and if you do go, manage your expectations.

Alright thanks good to know 👍   But if say I had to go in the next 6 months what days are normally the quietest? Is Xmas Eve that good or not really much different 

Edited by REGIE

• 2 weeks later...

While MWs queues were crazy, even DW had some impressive wait times. The park was the busiest I’ve seen in a while. Every ride had decent queues, with Steel Taipan having an hour wait (and using the extended queue) with both trains and fast operations. Sky Voyager was using the extended queue too. And all other rides had decent queues, was great to see. 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

15 hours ago, Vidgamer said:

I used to use the app but the following website also lets you check the queues

https://queue-park.com/parks/village-roadshow/warner-bros-movie-world/

That’s excellent. I am glad they are pulling the crowds. Everyone I know who has gone to the park raves about sky voyager and ST and have noticed how clean the park is so it’s definitely getting a good rep again.

it’s funny When MW has queues people get mad. But when DW has queues is exciting 

3 minutes ago, REGIE said:

it’s funny When MW has queues people get mad. But when DW has queues is exciting 

It’s not that MW has queues because it’s great the park is busy, but when it gets so busy that every ride has a minimum 2 hour queue, that’s not good for guests. Because they’re only getting to go on a couple rides and the rest of the day they’re trying to watch shows, get food, etc because all of those queues are long too.

While DWs busyness is much more comfortable and while there are queue they’re much more ‘expected’ wait times and allows you to still do everything you want 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1