Dreamworld Maintenance 2023

themagician

TBH I feel like Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland will be done before Easter. IIRC Kids World to Dreamworks was done in the span of two months, closing on Feb 1 and reopening on March 31. Most of the rides seem to close on 30 Jan so I feel like they will be done in March.

Escape from Madagascar's maintenance date has been moved from January to March-May. Also, most of the rides have also been moved from a January maintenance. Here is the updated version of all the rides in Dreamworks:

MADAGASCAR

• Escape from Madagascar: March 15 to May 30
  • Mad Jungle Jam: January 30 to March 31

SHREK

• Dronkey Fliers: Not Listed
  • Puss In Boots Sword Swing: Not Listed
  • Gingy's Glider: Not Listed
  • Shrek's Ogre Go Round: January 30 to Febuary 10

KUNG-FU PANDA

• Pandanonium: January 30 to March 24
  • Skadoosh: Not Listed

For me it seems Madagascar will be first to be changed over to Kenny and Belinda. 

Unfortunately I feel like due to the close buildings of ABC Kids, Dreamworld Express will have to be closed for months for the demolition of ABC and the building of Jungle Rush/Relocation of Vintage Cars.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:35 PM, TBoy said:

Unfortunately I feel like due to the close buildings of ABC Kids, Dreamworld Express will have to be closed for months for the demolition of ABC and the building of Jungle Rush/Relocation of Vintage Cars.

Let’s just hope they get it back open quickly. I don’t think locomotives Diesel or other wise like not running for a long period of time much.. you saw what happened to SW monorail and the original DW cannonball express. 

On 6/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, TBoy said:

Whilst there may be some downtime when major demolition needs to be done, there is nothing concrete as yet to show the train has to be closed down for a substantial time. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 9:37 PM, REGIE said:

Let’s just hope they get it back open quickly. I don’t think locomotives Diesel or other wise like not running for a long period of time much.. you saw what happened to SW monorail and the original DW cannonball express. 

The difference between Monorail \ Cannonball and the current loco is that they were all aged, and also fully depreciated, whereas the loco and especially the brand new train carriages most certainly will return to service, having just spent serious coin on them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, themagician said:

It’s been like that for a while, but it still states they’re closed under the attraction information 

Ah that explains it. Are they and Wedgie going under a refurb? Must be if they are closed from April 2022 - September 2023 (counting closed period from April-September)

19 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Ah that explains it. Are they and Wedgie going under a refurb? Must be if they are closed from April 2022 - September 2023 (counting closed period from April-September)

I think Wedgie has been out a while since it's both poor capacity and uses the same slide stairs \ queue. i actually think it was a covid thing originally but not sure what it's current status is.

2&3 have an issue. one that caused an injury. not sure what the plan is for it but it probably needs to be modified to prevent further injuries.

Yeah Wedgie's closure was originally due to covid capacity and distancing on the stairwell. Then i think it just became about popularity vs Green Room as even prior to covid they only tended to operate it a couple of hours a day. 

2 & 3 have not re-opened since the young girl failed to adhere to the correct ride positioning. hurt herself and her parents went to the media who of course inflamed their story with the TRRR tragedy and the teenager who (also not following correct protocol) ejected from RHLR and it became a far bigger thing than it was.. 

On 24/2/2023 at 4:52 PM, Brad2912 said:

Yeah Wedgie's closure was originally due to covid capacity and distancing on the stairwell. Then i think it just became about popularity vs Green Room as even prior to covid they only tended to operate it a couple of hours a day. 

2 & 3 have not re-opened since the young girl failed to adhere to the correct ride positioning. hurt herself and her parents went to the media who of course inflamed their story with the TRRR tragedy and the teenager who (also not following correct protocol) ejected from RHLR and it became a far bigger thing than it was.. 

It was the same story with Wedgie. Nothing to do with covid or social distancing, someone got injured on it recently and so DW’s easiest (least risk) response is to “temporarily” close it.

• 3 weeks later...

By the looks of that, I feel like Dreamworld are wanting to open the Dreamland area in stages for school holidays. So far it seems that Part 1 is DreamWorld Theater, Belinda's Tree House and Serpent Slayer while Part 2 is Kenny's Forest Flier and Play School Wheel.

58 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Weird to close your only kids coaster on school holidays.

Motocoaster also has the same height requirement as escape (albeit only for the sidecars) however sometimes in larger projects no matter how much you want to - you need to close some things in peak times you'd ordinarily avoid.

I've got a trip planned to the US in a few weeks. We're visiting Knott's right at the start of Spring Break - you'd expect everything to be open, right?

Knott's is renovating Fiesta Village, including major renovations to Montezooma. Xcelerator is also down, with apparent launch issues. The full list of potentially unavailable rides during one of their peak season periods is as follows:

• Wave Swinger
  • Jaguar
  • Sol Spin
  • Merry Go Roudn
  • Dragon Swing
  • Hat Dance
  • La Revolucion
  • Montezooma's Revenge
  • Timber Mountain Log Ride
  • Xcelerator

Shit happens. And it's too late for us to change our plans, so we just have to suck it.