Leviathan reliability

Vidgamer

Especially with the consistent squeaking & groaning it does for whatever reason. It'd annoy the hell out of me if I was next to it 24/7, and I don't use sound to see like they do. I'm sure they dislike it at least to some degree, even if just as they were getting used to it, the question is if it's enough of a degree to be noticeable by staff, and if Vortex operates enough to warrant them being moved back to a different pool.

Edited by Tricoart

14 hours ago, joz said:

Theme parks are fun because they generate stats!

In a community where everything is "your opinion is wrong because I hold a different opinion" having some stats to illustrate a point isn't a bad idea. 

Even if they're made to look worse than they are, you'd have to assume the bias would be even so the comparisons would still be fair and reasonable. 

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

DCR is also down today?

(Edit. DCR was down for 2 hours this morning. It did some test runs and they just reopened it.)

Can you please stop derailing every thread. 

This is a thread about the current reliability of Leviathan, (given people are often travelling a long distance to try the new ride etc)

Nobody cares about your "twitter feed" of breakdowns on a different ride at a different park.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

I think the element that annoys me most about it is the Village parks at least are pretty aggressive about putting closures on the website even if it's only for a day. DW might well be like this too but I don't follow their maintenance page, and people don't seem as focused on what they do day to day. The culture seems to be 'If there's any doubt, list it as closed, we don't want to over promise and under deliver'. Far more often than not, those rides reopen, but they're being conservative so they dont dissapoint their guests, which is totally the best way to do it.

When people repost it on here, often with no follow up it creates a negative perception for the parks, and creates a disincentive for the park to do the right thing by the normal guest. I think the conservative attitude is the way to go, and I think reposting that stuff here creates a perception which is untrue and harmful. Also as noted earlier, being happy to have a ride closed rather than being unsafe is obviously not a bad thing either.

• Like 1

Dreamworld doesn’t have a live ride times website while you can check on the village parks any time with queue-park.  Not trying to derail it again but that’s where I at least get the info. Not the maintenance pages. I only brought it up because I am most likely heading down there tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

I only brought it up because I am most likely heading down there tomorrow. 

Would you like a gold star?

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

If the ride has any chance of opening - it shouldn't go on the closures page. 

This makes as much sense as saying "possible showers" shouldn't be the forecast on a day that looks clear in the morning. Yes there is a chance but I bet you'd be the first to have a bitch if you got to the park and Levi was closed for the day and there wasn't anything posted saying it wouldn't be when the park knew it might not open that day.

All I’m saying is there’s a huge difference between a ride not having a chance to operate at all (huge defect / missing part etc) and the ride being closed for a part of the day. 

6 hours ago, pin142 said:

I bet you'd be the first to have a bitch if you got to the park and Levi was closed for the day and there wasn't anything posted saying it wouldn't be when the park knew it might not open that day.

I’d be equally as pissed if I chose not to visit the park because a ride wasn’t going to operate all day only for it to open a few hours into the day