The Dreamworld Visual Story

themagician

As we learn more about disabilities, Greg has been on the front foot getting services into the parks.  At MW Greg turned Taz Taxis into a family quiet area, Taz Rest Stop, and the first addition built for the Future of DW project was a parent / quite space building.  Access ramp to the stage & now investing in helping guest further though visual aids, are great additions by DW.

• Like 5

I think that this is a great step forward for DW. I had a look over the Visual Story and thought it was done really well, needs a few very minor tweaks though IMO (For example it talks about the sunflower badges, but I couldn't see a picture of them), but I would assume that they will add/amend it as they receive feedback from people who use it.

28 minutes ago, New display name said:

As we learn more about disabilities, Greg has been on the front foot getting services into the parks.

Hence why we also saw the changes and upgrades to The Dreamworld Express. The raising of the station platforms and carriages that allow for wheelchairs were all part of the overall park improvements to make sure every guests, no matter what the disability, can have a good day at the park..

2 hours ago, New display name said:

The train was always wheelchair accessible, as the train had a dedicated carriage for wheelchairs.  When the new carriages were purchased, DW went down the inclusive route instead of the route of wheelchair user like to sit in the rain, while riding a train.

There is a difference, I think, between the train having a ramshackle, limited space caboose tacked onto the back of the train, and having every seating row able to accommodate wheelchair users so that they can sit with their own group rather than be segregated into a box, assuming you're the only wheelchair user in the park, because if there's too many wheelchairs, we can't fit you all in...

Accommodations in 1980 = we've built a separate side entrance with a ramp for wheelchair users. 

Accommodations in 2023 = we've ensured our main entrance is accessible for everyone.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

the train already allowed wheelchair access.

The "Train" did not "allow" access. The Caboose (I believe many called it the Motza Wagon due to it's italian colour scheme) was a 1980's attempt at not discriminating, and while wheelchairs users could 'ride the train' they could not do so freely with their group. 

20 minutes ago, New display name said:

@DaptoFunlandGuyi don't understand your post

You were being semantic over Magician's choice of phrase. I'm just doing the same over yours.

If you really want to be specific...

20 minutes ago, New display name said:

carriages that allow for wheelchairs

The new carriages DO allow for wheelchairs. Previously they did not.

4 hours ago, themagician said:

The raising of the station platforms and carriages that allow for wheelchairs

• The raising of the station platforms, and
  • Carriages that allow for wheelchairs.

Sometimes, I just think you like the sound of your own voice.  🤦‍♂️

Could you ride the old train if you were in a wheelchair?   YES.

Debate over.

Not only have you moved the goal post on what I was saying, you have added an extra 2 football fields.

Edited by New display name

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

$99 locals annual passes for Black Friday tomorrow is a decent steal for anyone who hasn't got one 

Really good deal (link for those interested)

https://al-dreamworld.secure-cdn.oc.accessoticketing.com/packageDetails/2032

Credit to Dreamworld for lowering the renewal price to $99 and still including the bonus vouchers too.