AugustVonPolen

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highly unlikely.
Why?? I mean If you look at another Accelerator: SE, the ride was still a dirt pit with footers in June, so they got the whole thing done in a bit under 7 months (And that was with the theming work that needed doing). So if we go by what the DW website says (its on the ride page now) then October/November would be a likely finishing time, assuming they start work straight away. Also, a lot of people said WWW would not open until boxing day....and it ended up opening on the 9th. I mean the boxing day opening thing seems to be more of of a VRTP thing, but with DWs past few additions you can see the claw opened in September, Wiggles world opened in September, Flowrider opened in June, but only Nightmares opened on Boxing day. So theres no real trend to it, and Stardust, theres hope for you yet :)

Why?? I mean If you look at another Accelerator: SE, the ride was still a dirt pit with footers in June, so they got the whole thing done in a bit under 7 months (And that was with the theming work that needed doing). So if we go by what the DW website says (its on the ride page now) then October/November would be a likely finishing time, assuming they start work straight away. Also, a lot of people said WWW would not open until boxing day....and it ended up opening on the 9th. I mean the boxing day opening thing seems to be more of of a VRTP thing, but with DWs past few additions you can see the claw opened in September, Wiggles world opened in September, Flowrider opened in June, but only Nightmares opened on Boxing day. So theres no real trend to it, and Stardust, theres hope for you yet :)
When does the "start work straight away" actually start? Also has the ride pieces arrived yet?

They might very well have, just out of view.But even if they haven't, when SE started groundwork there were no pieces on site. Another thing to keep in mind with the SE example I used is that they were not intending a Boxing day opening anyway.

Operating profit before tax for the Theme Parks division was $7.9 million, compared to result for the prior corresponding period of $9.4 million, This can be attributed to the delay in the original opening date for Superman Escape at Warner Bros. Movie World and the new water slides at Wet 'N' Wild.
So there is a good chance the ride could open earlier than my prediction, if all goes well. But I mean its not "highly unlikely" they will get it done by the start of December, what is there to say they wont get it done by then, I have given plenty of reasons why it would get done. If you want to get technical though, you could say the official construction period for SE started on January 30 2005 when Movie Magic closed, but DW doesn't really have to deal with gutting a ride before starting again. Edited by Gazza

Interesting that on the DW website they have used the same 'safety audit' excuse they used for the mine ride for the closure of the vintage cars. It makes the place look dodgy... I think they would have been far better off saying 'temporarily closed during construction of an exciting new attraction"
I totally agree. I guess no one would believe them if they said the ride wasn't closed due to gross negligence. Hopefully one of our valued members will keep us updated on the construction of this ride through the magic of photography. ;)

Haha! They probably heard us. It is a good idea to say that something new and exciting is coming in small doses like that. It kind of starts to get the hype going at an early stage for people who don't visit these sites, etc. I guess this is means things will be getting started pretty soon. The only thing I am curious about is how they are going to fit it into the area. By saying temporarily, it means the Vintage Cars are not closing permanently like the Movie Magic Show did for Superman Escape, rather they are just going to build around it. I was at Dreamworld the other day and couldn't really see much room where it can go. Maybe my eyes just deceived me. Time will tell.

Maybe the Vintage Car's spot will not be the only area this new attraction will be taking up. Sure, I can imagine them closing the ride down if that was going to be where the ride is mainly contained, with station, queue line and all of that stuff, but from what I have heard, that won't be the case, but the ride will still utilize the area in some form.