1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I like how people talk them selves up. If you really new what was going on then you would know the council has stopped the application on the shed because a MCU is required first.
Skeet, i'd stop right there buddy. Clint happens to be in a very good position with WVTP. He is not by any stretch of the imagination talking himself up. He is abiding by the very strict confidentiality and non-disclosure policy that all employees of WVTP are required to abide by. Clint has not given away anything secret, and not gone into more detail than he is permitted to, which at least tells us there is something coming. Permits and permissions are temporary. Long term plans will go ahead, eventually. Clint is the last person on this board that you could accuse of talking himself up. His information, where available, is always as much information as he is permitted to disclose, as soon as he is allowed to disclose it. While he doesn't require defending in any way, shape or form, you wanna start making comments like that and you will have to take it up with me first. I've never known him to provide information that was false. He has also had (that I know of) several discussions with some very senior members of WVTP as a result of his position with the group, and given his interest and passion in theme parks in general, these discussions sometimes do turn out to be related to our favourite topic. This is how he knows these things, and believe me, as soon as he can tell us what it is, he will. In saying that I've also realised that my long habit of saying WVTP is now wrong and it should read VRTP, but I couldn't be bothered changing it all...

The Hot Wheels Show is gaining momentum with rumors saying as early as next year.
But I don't see whats wrong with the current show, and the new one doesn't sound as exiting as it's just a marketing ploy from hotwheels. Now I'm not saying that police academy isn't blatent advertising for their films. But doing a show that just sounds so blatently like an advertisment is not what I would like to see. (though of course the whole park is one big ad for Warner Brothers who were polish funnily enough) Edited by sonic123488

Well yeah like Alex said. I know of the plan for the new Shed, but can't really say anything just because I'm not allowed, WVTP management do monitor this site (more than you would think actually) and I happen to like my job and want to keep it. If I was allowed I'd happily tell everyone everything. I am excited about the possibility of a new show but as I've said before the PA show is one of the best I've seen at any park in terms of enjoyability and re visits. They will have a lot to live up to and if the show was anything like the Lights Motor Action show at Disney it wouldn't because it really sucked.

Well, by the sounds of it, a 3D dark ride sounds to me like something along the lines of The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or Curse of Darkastle. If this were the case (And it were pulled off well) then it could well be a fantastic ride. The amphibious vehicles sound a bit odd, it gives the impression the ride would be a water coaster. I would imagine though they would actually be motion base ones. The door is always open for this project at any park with a big enough budget. Paramount parks don't exist any more so it could really go anywhere (Hopefully to MW obviously) It could very well end up Spiderman-esque by its very nature, bad from an originality point of view, but good because its a quality ride. The way I envision it you would have battle sequences projected onto various screens, with the byproducts of the battle, like fire and debris happening live so guests can feel it. I'd love it if they incorporated that mindblowing freefall effect like on Spiderman...perhaps Megatron could 'pick up' the ride vehicle and lift riders to face level, before tossing them to the ground, where one of the good autobots would save the day and 'catch' the vehicle. Another moment in the ride could be the Allspark accidentally making contact with the ride vehicle, causing it to 'transform' and do something erratic.

The pipeline coaster is a bit of a dead idea these days (TOGO, the company which made them went out of buisness) Originally they were done so they could pull off a heartline roll: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig46.htm?picture=3 But I guess they cottoned on that you dont have to go to all the trouble of making it run between the rails, instead you can just get a normal coaster and shape the track appropriately to get the same effect: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig1412.htm?picture=19

Edited by Gazza

Well, a couple of maunfacturers do. There is S&S/Arrow, who built Ejanaika at Fuji Q and X at Six Flags Magic Mountain. But I mean Ejanaika cost about $37,000,000 AUD and that is so far out of an Aussie parks budget its not funny (Personally if I had that much to spend there would be other things I would be choosing) A far more realistic option is the Intamin Zac Spin ( http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3613.htm?picture=20 ), its about $5,000,000 AUD, and seems like a tidy little package (Bigger models are available) LOL, are you getting these ride types off RCT?

After riding a bunch of pipeline coasters I can pretty safely say they're one of the most assaulting rides I've ever been on - and if any ride out there is a one trick pony - it's a pipeline coaster with it's heartline roll. The cars, seats and harnesses are ridiculously constrictive and over-protective because of the close proximity of the side rails to the sides of the car. Not only do they make sure you can't stick your hands out, but I'm pretty sure Togo didn't event want people looking at the rails, or anywhere else other than dead ahead for that matter - a concept which is fine if you're sitting in the front row, but if you're in the back, you're in for a thrilling ride looking at the back of someone else's harness! You get lifted up vertically whilst simultaneously get dripped on by oil and blinded by the sun. The vertical drop is cool but shortlived, and when you hit the stop in the reversing section you hit the brakes so hard you have to check to see whether all your teeth are still in place. The rolls are fun but disorientating, slow and predictable and then you get back to the station with an anticlimax bigger than a fireworks display in Brisbane. :P The Spiderman-type ride would be nothing short of awesome - the ones at the universal parks are some of my favourite attractions. Amazing effects, completley unique to anything else we have in Australia, and a really great ride for the whole family.

^True, but Premier haven't managed to sell a single one to anybody, I think that speaks for itself. They are really nothing special at all IMO, they do less than a normal coaster, so why not just build a normal coaster? And anyway, how would a Pipeline coaster fit in at MW?

Edited by Gazza