The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

An Aquatrax isn't really a water coaster (A bit of a common misconception, Intamin don't actually make a proper equivatlent to the Mack and Premier rides offerings) An Aquatrax is just a launched coaster with 8 person jet ski style cars, and can do a trick where it skims close to the water surface, throwing up spray a bit like a B&M dive machine: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/Tampa/Bus...82-SheiKra.html And even then riders don't get wet because it doesn't enter the water properly. To me it seems like a wierd concept with its only point of difference being the saddle style seating (I guess you could say it's second point of difference is that it is the only water coaster that doesn't go in the water :P ), which might explain why they have only sold one. Still, if SW are after a milder alternative to corkscrew, it seems like a fairly good option.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still, if SW are after a milder alternative to corkscrew, it seems like a fairly good option.
I dunno about milder than the Corkscrew - looks like an awesome ride if it was to be anything like the one at Lotte world - check out the video on this page. I'm over the Corkscrew, bring on a new thrill I say SW! http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index....8&Itemid=33

Just to make it Clear....This Coaster is not gonna be the one found on the picture when this post was first started.... Its not gonna be as big as that either. We are looking at a Family Coaster which will be placed inbetween Bermuda and Corkscrew... Not too sure on any water elements or which company is behind it. Apparently its opening this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to MW the other day and was talking to a ride Op and He said that the new coaster at sea world is called Jet Rescue. I asked if it was a Vekoma and he said that he thought it may be Intamin cause dreamworld was kicking up a stink that SW were copying. But he confirmed that you ride on a Jet Ski. Also asked Him when MW will be bringing B&M to Aussie, he answered with " the parks don't pull enough people, and the C.E.O (think that's John Menzies?) wouldn't take that big of a risk (don't know what that means??) ", but then he ended the B&m conversation with "you never know" So there you go, Aussie is prob never going to see B&M (sad) but you never know" and SW is getting Jet Rescue. He also said that MW is getting "two" new and Wet'n'Wild is getting "one" new ride around next Christmas.(my bet's 2009 Christmas, as SW is getting a Coaster this year) So some good news to look forward too. (P.S if you don't believe this information, think what you like. It IS the truth came straight from a ride Ops mouth :P )

Just so you know, Not everything a ride op says is "truth." If what he says is true it would be great, but I'm still waiting for the announcement on this. Also with the B+M Information, I reckon we will see them one day soon. And if we do it will either be a Stand Up, Flyer, Dive Machine or Floorless. As far as your standard coaster goes I think the parks will most likely stick with either Vekoma or Intamin. And yes the C.E.O of WVTP is Indeed John Menzies.

hahaha yes if a ride op tells you then it MUST be true :) To be honest, they rarely tell people who will so freely tell the GP all of the real information as to what is happening so you must take what front line staff tell you with a grain of salt sometimes.

I reckon we will see them one day soon. And if we do it will either be a Stand Up, Flyer, Dive Machine or Floorless.
I think a flyer has its chances like a fourth dimension coaster in our coaster... minimal. A stand up would be great, they add such a great thrill. IMO the floorless really does nothing, when I ride a coaster I look ahead or above me (well on dueling dragons above), floorless to me never added much more thrill. But could of just been the one i rode (scream!). But to myself I just find B&M not hitting the shores of Australia. Not for a long time at least... but PLEASE MAKE A LIAR OUT OF ME! lol. Bring on the B&M's!

Might as well put this in here since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, and accounts for part of the $20,000,000 being spent on additions at WVTP this year, but SWs pool upgrade is done and they have put in a small, $1 Mil water playground with some cute little fibreglass animals that relate to SW, see http://www.seaworldresort.myfun.com.au/Res...W-WaterPlay.htm

• 3 weeks later...

WVTP b&m what do they both mean?????????????????? and also with the new designs and all i am just taking a stab in the dark here but coming from someone who has literally studdied the parks and this websites previous version here goes nothing a coaster that is set up with jet ski cars and all with real surf like feateres like waves while there might b some music playing or so(teen based-right?????????????????)maybe going thourough some animal areas that you might find in the ocean that arent deadly enought((gold fish are out of the questin there too deadly and they wont survive)sharks will do fine ) maybe something thats even faster than mdmc and wilder like the bt and vikings revenge comined and some other haywire things from overseas

a coaster that is set up with jet ski cars and all with real surf like feateres like waves while there might b some music playing or so(teen based-right?????????????????)maybe going thourough some animal areas that you might find in the ocean that arent deadly enought((gold fish are out of the questin there too deadly and they wont survive)sharks will do fine ) maybe something thats even faster than mdmc and wilder like the bt and vikings revenge comined and some other haywire things from overseas
I am sorry..I dont normally do this....but what the?????? :P Cheers Jobe

I think I managed to find the longest sentence ever in these forums! Seriously guys... Full stops and punctuation are your friend. :) On another note how the hell are Goldfish deadly?! And since when is Bermuda wild? I mean the ride itself isn't that spectacular, It's the theming that makes it great! And faster than MDMC? That can't be hard now can it :P

I don't want to be a party pooper but having looked at the vekoma page for their motorbike launch coaster, it seems to come with three other themes, a horse, a jetski and what seems to be a cougar. http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com...5&Itemid=13 Why anyone would be riding a cougar is beyond me but my assumption would be that Seawold is just going for the same ride but with the jetski instead of the bike. This would also explain why "Dreamworld is kicking up a stink" that SW is copying" We also know that the ride is going between bermuda and the corkscrew which would suggest a long but narrow layout, which the website clearly shows... Even though I work for WVTP at WNW I only know what we were all told at the ball. I'm fairly confident that I can give a name (since a ride op at MW seems to have already been telling people). We were told "Jet Rescue" I think Jetski Rescue sounds better though While I would love for the ride to go through tunnels under aquariums and the like, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Edited by cerberus584

Some Info and Updates on Jet Resuce: On Monday we saw Filming and a Photoshoot for the New Coaster being taken in the carpark at Seaworld. It Involved a special effects and lighting and It will be shown on TV and displayed on Buses, Bus shelters, Billboards and Park Maps. Keep you all posted.

Edited by mattcrombie

I found this for the seaworld in America it says it will have animal elements, didn't mattcrombie say that our ride would have animal elements!!! http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/552 It funny WVTP seem to be turning into them in Australia, the safari park the seaworld park the wet'n'wild park, animal parks!!! The only thing they don't seem to do is movie parks!!! Although I am little worried about how much money WVTP are spending and how quockly their expanding since thier theme parks are doing so well!!! New attractions on seaworld, wet'n'wild, movie world, The american water park, the NZ park, the safari park, Centro did this and look where they ended up!!! I know to keep people visiting you need new attractions, but maybe just hold off until the market returns!!! Still I can't wait to see this new ride, John Menzies has always done a fantastic job on all his rides!!!