The Off Topic Topic

Lol yeah, had forgotten about that <_< 

If they want to run a theme park Facebook page then by all means, it just annoys me that they run it under the guise of an official page by posting up park opening hours, running promotions etc, when they act in an otherwise unprofessional manner ie. deleting posts and sharing news from other sources without giving due credit. The amount of typos alone in half of their posts is enough to make a dictionary want to commit suicide, I dunno how many times I have posted correcting them because they can't spell basic words properly, or know the difference between 'there' and 'their', or 'to' and 'too'. Seriously ?

Honestly they should have their page clearly marked as a fan page or an unofficial source, it seems a lot of their naive followers are under the impression that Movieworld runs the page when they don't and take everything they say as gospel ???

47 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Honestly they should have their page clearly marked as a fan page or an unofficial source, it seems a lot of their naive followers are under the impression that Movieworld runs the page when they don't and take everything they say as gospel ???

My biggest issue with that page. Sounds official, looks anything but based on posts.

See - the screenshot @OceanGirl posted doesn't represent that they had arrived 'today' just that they had been spotted.

If the photo was the same - credit is due.

if the article is reproduced from another source - credit is due.

but if he took a trip down to the park, took a photo, and posted it saying 'the first parts have been spotted' - i don't take issue with that. He isn't claiming to be first from what I can see there.

For the same reason with things like Kevil Hill, and green lantern - if his source is this site - credit is due - but if he found out from the park the same way members on here found out from the park - then it isn't really an issue, is it? How do we prove it, unless either the photos, or the article are the same?

Take a look at nightly news - big stories have reporters on scene from all networks. Does that mean if channel 7 got there first that all the other reporters have to give credit to them? No.

Likewise though - where the network is the only one with footage, when it is reproduced on other networks, it usually has a watermark showing the network who owns the footage.

TPSN doosh is at it again..

posted Photo below this morning with a caption "a lot of construction going on near the Creatures of the Deep bridge. Are they getting rid of it?". 

To which I replied "obviously they are not getting rid of it, being the major thoroughfare. They are clearly replacing the bridge, probably due to age". 

1 hour later my post is deleted and the caption changed to "new bridge being built at SW". 

Edited by Brad2912

Well I've been banned for pointing out his stupidity. A shame really, I quite enjoyed correcting him and pointing out his theft of others works. 

There is a place for some of these Facebook pages for sure, but I'm honestly surprised the parks themselves haven't closed him down for mis-representation.

Hmm do you guys reckon it would be suicide if we attempted to take the kids to Dreamworld today?? I know from experience of working at Seaworld that Good Friday is an extremely busy day, but thought with maybe Dreamworld being a bigger park and it reported to be not too bad during the Xmas hols, it might not be TOO bad today compared to the other parks. We aren't expecting to go on many rides anyway, just walk around and do the animal experience and what not. We definitely are avoiding the VRTP lol. 

The other option was Burleigh Beach, but parking down there today would be a bitch. Everything else is pretty much shut so options are slim. Either Dreamworld or beach lol?

Edited by OceanGirl

I was just thinking with transport to the parks. The last time I was up on the GC I used light rail, which if you're a tourist getting from Broadbeach to Surfers is great!

I know they're about to start a line to Helensvale train station and currently looking at plans going South, eventually making its way to the airport. 

I think it would be great if there was a spur line to Sea World and then taking the line from Helensvale past Wet'n'Wild, Movie World, Dreamworld and finishing up at Coomera station. 

Especially if they're planning on building the entertainment precinct, plus the huge shopping Centre next to Dreamworld and the train station. These parks are massive and surely would ease traffic and be more attractive to tourists then buses and if the network is right even hire cars. 

Maybe even taking it through Hope Island/Pacific Pines/Oxenford and Coomera since these are massive suburbs or rapidly growing suburbs.

50 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Theme parks on Easter Sunday are great I've noticed, especially during the morning where everyone likes to have a bit of a sleep-in.

Any idea what Easter Mondays are like? I had friends planning to come down for the day from Kingaroy to spend the day at Movieworld, but now they are reconsidering it because they fear it will be too busy and queues will be too long. Oh, and they are worried the traffic will be too chaotic as well ?

Hmm true, that. I suggested to them they hold off on their visit until at least a couple of weeks after our holidays end, since the other states still have theirs going after that and the parks keep being chaotic. Wouldn't be worth the 4 hour drive each way, only to spend their day standing around in queues ?

• rappa locked this topic