The Off Topic Topic

On 13/08/2016 at 10:49 PM, XxMrYoshixX said:

Is Corkscrew actually painted like that, since I rode it years back and I do not remember it being painted that way.

To be honest, I didnt pay too close attention cause the park never had/has any annual passes so you had to pay everytime. But I would say that It was painted sometime in 2013 - 2014 considering they were doing some upgrading around the park at that time.

Edited by JaggedJanine
Changed the years.

Have a gander at this awesome Scenic Railway in Spain!!   Built in 1928, its one of only 7 pre-WW2 roller coasters with brakemen (like Melbourne's Luna Park's Scenic Railway, also known as 'side-friction') still operating in the world. The name translates as 'Swiss Mountain'. Thought this worth a share! 

Enjoy!

Has anyone checked out this small compact coaster called unimaginatively "Drifting Coaster". It certainly looks like a lot of fun and would certainly be a perfect installation option for our smaller parks- think both Luna Parks, Aussie World and Adventure World.

It looks like quite a unique ride experience and it appears to have a good re-ride capability.

Thoughts?

Interestingly, Ardent Leisure announced the sale of their entire health club Division on the back of recently selling off their marina's. 

Part of their strategy to become a 'Global Entertainment Company' with the $260m from the sale to be largely invested into opening further Entertainment Centres in the US. 

Whilst this doesn't indicate a likeliness to sell DW (which would fit within an 'entertainment' capacity, it does show that they see the majority of their future business being US based, and that they are not adverse to selling for the right price. 

interesting times ahead I am sure.

24 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Interestingly, Ardent Leisure announced the sale of their entire health club Division on the back of recently selling off their marina's. 

Part of their strategy to become a 'Global Entertainment Company' with the $260m from the sale to be largely invested into opening further Entertainment Centres in the US. 

Whilst this doesn't indicate a likeliness to sell DW (which would fit within an 'entertainment' capacity, it does show that they see the majority of their future business being US based, and that they are not adverse to selling for the right price. 

interesting times ahead I am sure.

What if we're all wrong and ardent is buying Wanda?! :P

28 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Let me enjoy this moment @reanimated35 haha :D

NO!

Actually I was trying to find the actual 100,000th post but they're not numbered like they used to be. I can however now see that your post was 128,063

Actually, this was post 100,000. Any what a worthwhile post it was :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, AlexB said:

New attraction this September?

Here's nearmap from July 2015, and July 2016 (most recent) - nothing appears to have changed...

Can't be too exciting if there is no ground broken with 2 months to go...

WnWS.png

Wave pool looks a lot more inviting and the grass is much greener. I wonder if the 2015 had the pool drained? Or they they really clean it up? 

• rappa locked this topic