Studio Tour Returning?

ShadowXL

As much as many of us would love this to be the case i really doubt it is. The studio tour at the park was a major in its time and im sure if this were the case rumours would have surfaced by now inside the park for sure. Also the job description is after shuttle bus drivers not Motorised trams as listed many times before for staff at paradise country. Thats just how see it, If we were to ever get the Studio Tour in the park i think it would be the start of a up look for the parks beginning purpose to maybe be restored.

PDF created with pdfFactory Pro trial version
Still using the trial? I know they're doing a lot of cust cotting, but surely it wouldn't cost much for just one license. :P Studio tour would be cool, but yeah I'd say its Paradise Country. Feel free to prove me wrong! Edited by Dylaan

Still using the trial? I know they're doing a lot of cust cotting,
Two questions -
  1. What is a Cust?
  2. ...and how do you COT it?
At the end of the day, if you can get it for free, why pay for it? We recently rolled out a screen capture program across several thousand computers - and at the end of the day, the program we chose was an unlimited trial - No purchase necessary, no restrictions, no locks - nothing. There is the option to buy the license, but only if you want it to capture full time, not just when you press a button (as in like a security type thing). We use it to capture screen shots when troubleshooting an issue at remote sites. So to movie world - if the author of the program made the functionality of the PDF creator work for your needs without the need to buy a license - GREAT! A few extra bucks in the pocket towards other - let's admit it - more important things.

Well, I'm going to look towards Gazza to provide the stats on how often Mattcrombie has been right - i've got a feeling its a high percentage, but Gazza is the master of finding old threads and topics - so i'll await his opinion, but thanks for the insider Matt - I can't wait.

While I love the idea of having some sort of studio tour return to the park, I am worried about how this will be done. Firstly, where will the trams depart from? If it begins on Boxing Day, then that's too soon for a building to be constructed. So I'm guessing that they are going to be using that shelter in the Wild West area that was used for the farm tours. Great... Secondly, will those old trams be used? While I understand that this isn't a permanent attraction, it would be good if the park worried about their image somewhat more than they have been lately. I mean those old trams remind me of something you'd see in a zoo, not a 'world class' theme park (world class being their words, not mine). Lastly, what are they going to be showing us? While the Narnia set might be interesting, it's not really going to make for much of a 'studio tour'. I hope they show us around the whole lot and put some effort into it.

Firstly, where will the trams depart from? If it begins on Boxing Day, then that's too soon for a building to be constructed.
If its supposedly only running for a month then I've got two words for you...Party Hire! There's already a marquee over the entrance ramp for WnW as a temporary fix for the peak period The job advert made reference to shuttle buses, so perhaps they'd rent them for the month too? It would be good if this were a means of testing the waters for a permanent return, hence it only being a short term thing. When you think about it though, it'd make great business sense because as a 'new' attraction it's not going to cost much to get up and running. Furthermore, By the sounds of a number of comments, its an attraction that is in demand anyway, But as Whitsy said ( :o ) you'd want to make sure the studios always have something interesting happening for it to be worthwhile. Edited by Gazza

Gazza, wash your mouth out! I'm leaning on the "Testing the waters" theory. It is true you'd always want something happening in the studios, but if the movie is a WB\VR partner production, who says they need to bump out the day they finish shooting? If the soundstage isn't required for another film, why can't they leave the set up for a while? I recall the last time I went on the studio tour (back in 1994) one of the soundstages just had a big spread of mannequins with authentic costumes from big blockbusters of the day. Some animatronic figures (such as one of the gremlins) were also set up there. Some of the matrix mini sets and costumes from the matrix exhibit, harry potter - you could ensure there was always SOMETHING to view - who cares if they don't change it for a while - only the locals and regulars would notice, and thats no worse than the same stunt show running for 15+ years.

You guys have no idea. There is a constant stream of productions at the studios, big budget hollywood productions come once or twice a year, lower budget hollywood productions and also Australian productions for both film and television. As of now i can list two productions taking up residence at the studios; "Sanctum" a 3D thriller presented by James Cameron about a group of travellers getting trapped in the largest cave system in the world. This will be utilizing the sound stages and also the large tank facilities. "Bait" is another 3D film from the director of the Highlander films, Resident Evil 3 Extinction and other films. Sea Patrol, H20 Just Add Water, Triangle, Narnia and others all have shot there within the last 12 months. Although filming may not be occuring every day, sets are being constructed, planned, props are being built daily. Backlot tours would be a killer for business, and frankly im surprised at how so many people say whaaaat when i inform them a certain movie was filmed just around the corner at Movie World. With the release of Daybreakers (filmed at movie world)imminent, why not put some props on display, do a bit of cross promotion? I would be more than content with at least a prop museum filled with souveneirs of each production to pass through the movie world gates. On another note i only just found out the blackout period for the vip passes has been lifted. You sly dogs warner village, way to inform us.

Edited by shamona

They did inform us - several months ago - around the same time that Dreamworld started offering their version of the VIP pass without blackouts - and making that a key part of their promotion. If you are a MyFun member, you would have gotten an email. It was also posted on their website, and in numerous places on TV \ newspaper advertising. More of the advertisements just didn't plug the blackout, but the online ads actually went into great detail with something like "due to popular demand"...

They did inform us - several months ago - around the same time that Dreamworld started offering their version of the VIP pass without blackouts - and making that a key part of their promotion. If you are a MyFun member, you would have gotten an email. It was also posted on their website, and in numerous places on TV \ newspaper advertising. More of the advertisements just didn't plug the blackout, but the online ads actually went into great detail with something like "due to popular demand"...
mm find that hard to believe as my whole family purchased vip passes through myfun when they were first released, in our household we have about three registered my fun users and none of us were emailed. Also i have seen tv commercials with wally lewis or whoever stating 'due to popular demand' etc but it didnt state in the ad there was no longer a blackout period, it just didnt mention it at all. I just assumed it was in the tiny writing at the bottom. you might be right, however i believe they are keeping quiet about it to keep numbers slighly reduced.

AlexB is right, it's been known about for a while (Since September 25th) , and Tolly even posted the news: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?s...ost&p=62335

Due to the success of the Queensland VIP Pass, the sale period has been extended and the Christmas block-out period has been lifted. This means QLD VIP passes will be on sale throughout summer and pass holders will now be able to visit Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet'n'Wild Water World unlimited throughout the summer holidays, so don't miss out on this revolutionary offer...For your ticket to FUN join or login to MyFun and buy your QLD VIP PASS now!

mm find that hard to believe as my whole family purchased vip passes through myfun when they were first released, in our household we have about three registered my fun users and none of us were emailed. Also i have seen tv commercials with wally lewis or whoever stating 'due to popular demand' etc but it didnt state in the ad there was no longer a blackout period, it just didnt mention it at all. I just assumed it was in the tiny writing at the bottom. you might be right, however i believe they are keeping quiet about it to keep numbers slighly reduced.
I got an SMS from them and an email.

mm find that hard to believe as my whole family purchased vip passes through myfun when they were first released, in our household we have about three registered my fun users and none of us were emailed.
This is dated the 29th of September, and is the first email I got from MyFun regarding it. If three of your family are myfun members, maybe all three of them elected not to receive marketing material from myfun.com.au in the signup process...? Untitled.jpg
Also i have seen tv commercials with wally lewis or whoever stating 'due to popular demand' etc but it didnt state in the ad there was no longer a blackout period, it just didnt mention it at all. I just assumed it was in the tiny writing at the bottom. you might be right, however i believe they are keeping quiet about it to keep numbers slighly reduced.
Well, I tried to locate a youtube video of the ads, but it seems it wasn't worthy of the tube. Instead, here is an example of how quiet VRTP tried to keep the blackout lift: THE MYFUN MEDIA CENTRE PRESS RELEASE! (dated 25/09/09) MyFun Press Release - Due to Popular Demand
Warner Village Theme Parks Director of Sales, Annette Pearce, said that due to the success of the Queensland VIP Pass, we've decided to not only extend the sale period, but we're also lifting the block-out dates, which means that QLD VIP pass holders will now be able to visit their favourite theme parks through the entire summer holidays.
Or there is the website: MyFun Website Promotion
Due to the success of the Queensland VIP Pass, the sale period has been extended and the Christmas block-out period has been lifted.
Then there was the post on Parkz Forums: Parkz Breaking News And now, that staple of the technology savvy generation, who also couldn't keep it quiet: The Sea World Facebook page Untitled2.jpg (There are several other facebook pages that also talk about the blackouts being lifted, but i couldn't be bothered hosting the images for any more of them.