Potential themepark resort for Perth.

keadz

But this doesn't mean that Disney aren't always looking for new locations, ideas and concepts that would work. I'm sure they'd love to have a park 'down under'.. it just has to be viable, and i'm sure that they'll keep looking at options as they present themselves and consider each one on it's own merit.

But until that or anything happens, were just going to have to admit.... We%2527re+not+worthy.gif

Also who knows what Disney will do with the Marvel licenses... Perhaps they could consider a dedicated Marvel Comics based Theme Park. And a similar concept has worked in Australia at Movie World(which is pretty much DC land these days). I believe it's possible a dedicated Marvel Park could have a market in Australia and compete with Movie World, it could be placed in New Zealand or Victoria, somewhere a little away from the Gold Coast. I doubt Disney will push for the Marvel license to appear in Disney branded parks alone given they have established Marvel areas and rides in their competitors parks. They may be open to spinning it off as a Small market option internationally.. Could have a mix of Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel themed areas and rides!

There was already a Marvel park being planned for Dubai.... I'll try to find the link.... Found it: Here is a general thing on Wiki thats kinda outdated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Superheroes_Theme_Park And here is the updates from June.... http://www.emirates247.com/business/economy-finance/marvel-theme-park-to-open-in-dubai-by-2013-end-2012-06-26-1.464730 Edited by jjuttp

An interesting point Jacob - but the biggest thing that a Disney-owned park has going for it is the 'Disney' brandname. To open a 'marvel' park, that most people wouldn't know was associated with Disney... it'd just be viewed as any other park, rather than part of the hallmark of theme parks - a disney park. Gazza - I disagree with your views on the government input issue. Wonderland was funded by the NSW state government (they invested in it by using their employee pension fund), and Hong Kong Disney is also part owned by the government. I'm pretty sure Resorts World Sentosa is a similar set up as well. I'm not talking about our government paying to install infrastructure, or sweeten the development and approvals process, i'm talking about them owning (or part owning) the product... sharing in the profits. This would (in the short term) cost the (statefederal) government money, but long term, it would bring in a big asset, and a reliable revenue stream. A viable park with conservative projections would be a good investment - one only has to look at the development and expansion of our 4 (and a half?) existing parks to know that this area as a tourist destination isn't going anywhere soon. Again - I reiterate that we don't have the population to sustain a disney park (yet), what i'm saying is when Disney comes back, considering a park down under, and the projections suggest it would be a viable park - the relevant local, state, and the federal government should open their wallets to get a piece of it... thereby assisting making the development happen. The only reason we have a HKDL, is because the government of hong kong did just that... in fact it was a condition of Disney's to commit to building.

. A viable park with conservative projections would be a good investment - one only has to look at the development and expansion of our 4 (and a half?) existing parks to know that this area as a tourist destination isn't going anywhere soon.

But I cant think of a single example of a Government funded park that has done well in the long term. HKDL is still losing money as far as I know.

but long term, it would bring in a big asset, and a reliable revenue stream.

How much of a revenue stream...Our parks make money, but not that much overall in the end. I mean Ardent makes $20-$30 million per year. Roughly equivalent to what the speed camera at Loganholme on the M1 pulls in annually....And the camera didn't cost a billion dollars to build, nor subject to the whims of the economy. I mean WnW Sydney has gotten off the ground without additional funding as far as I know, and looks set to be an excellent product, and that's the way it should be. I just see theme parks as too trivial for Governments to be getting involved with...Stick to schools, hospitals, road/rail, emergency services etc please.

• 1 month later...

Theme Park vs Cemetery. Fingers crossed for a new theme park. Does anyone know what new ride is going in at Adventure World. People keep asking about a new rollercoaster and they keep replying saying stayed tuned and I remember a post saying it would be "World Class" which doesn't mean much.

Agreed. Adventure World need a new coaster to put it firmly on the theme park map. Their current ride line up is quite good and a coaster will only enhance the parks reputation as a destination. If they get a decent coaster I would seriously think about making the trip over to finally visit. The hints the park has been teasing us with seems to indicate something impressive so fingers crossed!! However RWC I would NOT classify Turbo Mountain as a "mid sized " coaster.

Anyone know what happened to it?

Certainly, it was scrapped as it was considered past its use by date. Apparently it was in pretty bad material shape by the end. It was second hand when it went in to LPS in 1982 as Geronimo. It was heavily modified when it went to Adventure World in 1989. The electric spiral lift hill was removed and a conventional lift hill was installed in its place. I am a little peeved that I never got to ride it, however in my family, my father has this dubious honour. It is a shame in a way, as it was Australia's last surviving Schwarzkopf coaster. The Huss Freefall tower now occupies the space where Turbo Mountain once stood. post-30-0-48113400-1356868994_thumb.jpg post-30-0-63360200-1356869190_thumb.jpg post-30-0-84418800-1356869441_thumb.jpg The last pic is from RCDB and shows where in LPS it stood and the original electric spiral lift hill. Edited by Jobe

I can't see any news for a new ride just glancing at their Facebook... However they recently opened up a dragon themed kids land there with two new family rides, one appears to be a kids Safari ride the other a Barrel Spin. And their dragon Kids coaster is in the area too. Perhaps they're going through an expansion period? In which case they'll probably put a new major ride in next year sometime?

yeah need to go through their "recent post by others" part and there are a couple in there. Fingers crossed though..hopefully not another water slide

I wouldn't be opposed to more slides if they started getting less generic ones. They need to round out the lineup with a Tornado, boomerango, rocket or something along those lines.

These days I would class something like Tornado as generic because everyone seems to be putting them in. Some actually unique slides at ANY of the parks would be nice, rather than variations on the same damn thing. Just look at some of the cool themed slides WnW florida does for an example of being less generic.

I guess what I was getting at is that most of the slides at Adventure world were pretty much standard generic ones from the 80s/90s. Nothing really in the way of some new waterslide tech, I just think for smaller parks though, a good waterslide for a few mil is a better proposition than a mediocre dry ride.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like it is being called ünleashed. below is a comment from a facebook post on their page "In September 2013 Adventure World will release a new world class ride on the bravest of Adventure World Guests! At nearly $10m, the ride is an exclusive to Western Australia. It will take Adventure World to new heights with elements of surprise that will thrill the unsuspecting public."