Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

Yes they have quite an extensive art department with a very talented team of graphic artists. They produce anything from ride signage to brochures, theming designs and even screen content for the Outback Spectacular. All in house. My apologies One Day, you clearly have a superior knowledge of the inner workings here than I.

Edited by djrappa

Are the seats for Arkham Asylum the same seats for the Cylon on Battlestar Galactica at Universal Studios Singapore?

No, BSG's are Vekoma, and the Arkham ones are Kumbak. Check the pics in the Parkz update, and the Battlestar gallery. You can see how they differ. Edited by Gazza

Thanks, but I meant before I checked out Parkz photos.

Battlestar has been open for a couple of years now though :blink: Pics were available of the new Vekoma seats, before the ones we took.

Forget looks, the Kumbak trains win all over the Vekoma ones for comfort with no upper body restraint.

+1 Plus you aren't shitting yourself the whole ride thinking the seat is going to fall off. BSG might look like a B&M, but it still rides like a typical Vekoma. Literally, on a few rides I found myself looking up at the chassis, with an ealge eye the bolts with the little lines of fluoro marker indicating tightness whilst the ride was shaking away....kinda just :unsure: Edited by Gazza

Battlestar has been open for a couple of years now though :blink: Pics were available of the new Vekoma seats, before the ones we took.

I know, what I mean overall is that I was wondering if the seats were the same.. As the videos i have seen of Cylon were to difficult to see the seats while it was running on the track. I then meant that I looked through the gallery of Parkz photos of Battlestar before you had posted above the pictures..

As the videos i have seen of Cylon were to difficult to see the seats while it was running on the track.

Nah nah, what I meant is that pics of Cylon (And other coasters that have the new harnesses, like Great Nor Easter), plus the concept designs for Vekomas new trains have been around internet on a few websites for a couple of years now. Not videos. Eg https://www.google.c...j2l14l0.frgbld. & https://www.google.c...dGaayiQfa-9CrBw Edited by Gazza

I wouldn't necessarily say they are being cheap by running one train. As has been mentioned they only have the single train available now but if they require it they will look into getting a second one. I would call it playing it safe. Pointless spending money on two trains if there was a minimal improvement on rider numbers and it was to remain a almost walk on attraction.

Plus you aren't shitting yourself the whole ride thinking the seat is going to fall off. BSG might look like a B&M, but it still rides like a typical Vekoma. Literally, on a few rides I found myself looking up at the chassis, with an ealge eye the bolts with the little lines of fluoro marker indicating tightness whilst the ride was shaking away....kinda just :unsure:

That's hysterical! I have been thinking about that a lot lately myself. I've been watching all the vids of Arkham and wondering just how sturdy those seats are as they fly through the inversions. The incident at Universal Singapore has scarred me for life!

Im sure the company will later invest in a second train or maybe already has but is yet to arrive, but there is a lot more than just the initial costs. Trains have to under go repairs they also need to under go complete re builds after a certain amount of cycles or if it doesn't reach that it will be a certain time frame. The thing about the set up at Arkham is its very much like Jet rescue, If the ride is staffed correctly with one train you can still on most decent attendance days push a larger capacity then the manufacturers estimated one, that and keep the attraction running smooth. For rides like Jet Rescue and Arkham which would in most cases run with one train unless its a high peak period, the second train really only acts as a convenience when it comes to annual maintenance, Instead of downing the attraction for a long period of time to conduct a re build it can happen while the second train is in operation.

Sorry to spoil the peace for everyone but I'm back!!! Saw that the Annual Passes are currently $99.99 on the myfun website so had to get MW passes. Anyways back on topic... Heading to the park tomorrow for the first time in over a year. While you all know I'm not really a coaster enthusiast, I am really looking forward to seeing the improvements this ride has undergone as well as the new theming. Based on what I have been reading here over that time should be rather interesting.