Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I've had to be released from Superman manually too using that battery powered thing. Give the the benefit of the doubt...It's only been open 3 weeks, and I guess there is a tendency for people to keep an eagle eye on what is going on with it compared to other attractions , meaning it might seem as if more is going wrong with it.....Hows GL going :P

I will post a full review of my day later, but seriously, AA is going to be off my list of coasters to do while on the coast. Those battery things did the job quickly, and the attendants were friendly. Won't be doing it again due to the leg pain. It's great they've fixed the head banging thing, but I like to keep the circulation flowing to my legs.

Won't be doing it again due to the leg pain. It's great they've fixed the head banging thing, but I like to keep the circulation flowing to my legs.

I noticed the pain on my legs after the ride had finished when the train reached the brakes..I couldn't feel it when i was riding though. I walked the pain out of my legs afterwards.

I don't find park benches all that comfortable. It's not a case of HTFU, it should come back to Kumback or whoever (noticed too they kept the vekoma wheels - thought the whole train was new not just the chairs) testing with a range of people to ensure comfort for all passengers without their sales pitch needing to say sorry, HTFU it's a ride.

It's just simply not possible to put in a fail safe hydraulic harness system that will not tighten during the ride. Any anyone who says the little bit of discomfort that SOME feel at the end of the ride is far worse than the head banging is just straight out wrong. There is no way that is the case. Gazza is right, half the problem is shifting forward. I've found ALL harness systems like this to suffer the same effects. And no those are original Vekoma bogies, it's the seat hangers that are new. Sorry if I come of harsh but the new train is a vast improvement don't care what anyone says.

On the whole, yes I do agree the train is a massive improvement, it shouldn't be uncomfortable for ANY rider. As far as saying "Anyone who says the discomfort is worse than the head banging" etc, is wrong, NO, they're not. As I said, I would be happier to have my head banging around over the pain in my legs. Next time before you get on the ride, apply a very tight pressure bandage just above your knee, then go through all the forces on the ride. It hurts. Once again, the new trains are great overall, but personally, I don't like them due to the constriction on my legs

Why would I want to apply a pressure bandage to my leg before riding? Unfortunately it's not always possible to have ZERO discomfort, to EVERY rider. If you want zero discomfort we can always not strap ourselves to tons of steel and have it hurtle around a twisting track at fast speeds and high G forces. If you want the trill, you have to be strapped into the train. The extreme vast majority of riders worldwide were not happy with the headbanging, and in order to remove it you have to restrain the rider in another manner. If the harness can tighten during the ride that means there is room for it to tighten, which means there is potential room for you to slip out of it if it DOESN'T tighten. We've seen many overseas cases of riders slipping out of harnesses due to shifting body mass and forces mid ride.

Well there is one way to solve it. Just make the seats like any other inverted roller coaster instead of getting brand new untested seats.

Two options. -OTSRs, like the original harnesses, or B&M and Intamin inverted coasters. This still has a bulky thing around your head which would cause headbanging. -Lap restraint with soft harness, like the new trains, or like on newer Vekomas like BSG. The ones on BSG still had a tendency to tighten as you ride just the same.

Two options. -OTSRs, like the original harnesses, or B&M and Intamin inverted coasters. This still has a bulky thing around your head which would cause headbanging. -Lap restraint with soft harness, like the new trains, or like on newer Vekomas like BSG. The ones on BSG still had a tendency to tighten as you ride just the same.

Almost no other ride has as many problems with pain from the restraint, even other SLCs so why does this one coaster has so many issues. also the OTSR don't always need to be so big just look at Intamin's ones.

Other SLCs don't have leg pain because they don't have lap bars (which these essentially are), however they are regarded around the world as the worst head banging rides there are. Even Kumali (sp?) which is meant to be the smoothest SLC there is managed to give me a few knocks. As for why B&Ms are different it's because the ride path is engineered completely different, they put the riders cheat at the 'centre' of the movements and forces where as the SLC has the wheels at the centre (or heart line). This along with the lateral shuffling of the bogie itself inherently gives a rougher ride. Have you ridden buzzsaw? The X Car restraint design also tightens significantly throughout the ride. Much worse than Arkham IMO.