Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

If I was designing the re-theme, providing they are not planning on using the space for an additional attraction, i'd be using chinatown as an inside walkthrough to LW (or whatever it becomes) Ideally - i'd be themeing the ride to Arkham Asylum, so you would literally walk through the cell block of arkham assylum (all indoors) which would be run down, the doors broken as if their had been an inmate revolt etc, and the idea behind the ride being that you are escaping Arkham along with the Joker or Bane or whoever. Maybe even the idea that the riders are actually the inmates of the prison, and we are trying to get away from Batman before he regains control. The walk through would end with riders boarding some type of transport vehicle to get out. I think there is lot that could be played on this theme wise, and it would fit in well with the twisting/turning/intenseness of the ride.

I believe this is MW's opportunity to once again be the clear front runner in regards to themed attractions, currently I am very happy with the standard of theming on all of MW's attractions. Yes GL may not have been themed much at all, but they did what they could with it. Putting aside the on board audio and other small extras (which I love) GL is certainly not up to standard THEMING WISE with the rest of the park. Don't get me wrong this isn't a complaint about GL, but I believe they now have an opportunity with LW and the china town area to really theme this well, I think this is an excellent opportunity to go all out on theming, as other than the trains they already have an attraction to use that won't cost them any extra.

I was the one to make the post on Facebook... As Harrison rightly points out survey markings are not needed to retheme a coaster nor for new trains, also Lethal Weapon would not be the first coaster in the world to have elements changed after opening... I would say that with an altered track Movie World might even advertise it as a "new" coaster.

But survey markings don't always mean that they are going to be changing the layout. It could even be markings for the position of equipment that may be needed. It could be anything, but I highly doubt it will be a new layout. They may also mean nothing, yet just like all the markers scattered around Knott's berry farm.

Not a new layout but an altered layout with some elements possibly changed/removed

That is what I meant. An altered layout IS a new layout. But you realize that would be incredibly costly right? We're talking millions probably. Custom Rollercoaster tracking = big $$$.

OK then What on earth on earth would take 2 months to do for a "retheme" & new 'seats". Considering Green Lantern was built in a little under 3 months.

Just look at refurbishments around the world, a full refurbishment takes months, Even the transformation of the TOT took a month and all that was, was a tube (that was being constructed while still in operation) and very basic changes to the queue.

Ok what about taking components of the track out and replacing them with something different like I don't know maybe the corkscrew park of the track. T
hat I believe would alter the layout somewhat...

I guess that is feasible ?? I'm just worried about the timeline. Any variance in structure and layout would thn require a full testing period before re-opening, but then again that may be necessary anyway with a new train. I wouldnt mind seeing a separate load/unload station if they were changing it up

Not having seen these markers, is there any chance they could be to build a structure enclosing part or all of the ride?

My thoughts exactly. I think we will find that with the re-theme the track may wind thru and/or around a newly build structure/ building. Markings will be more so to do with this IMO