Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

Never been to Screamworld, was contemplating this one though... At a guess, My thoughts would be that they would try to build on the launch of Dreamworks with some additional character appearances on the night. Whether or not they've done it before, they've just blown their wad on a license, retheme, launch, and overall - they got great value for all three - some additional wages to put those characters into the park on a night event wouldn't be too expensive, and i'd assume that (riding on the successful wave that was their launch) they'd be willing to throw those characters out there.

I would hazard a guess no Dreamworks characters will be out since Screamworld is aimed at teenagers, if memory serves the Nick characters were never out at Screamworld. They do have a predator costume they use occasionally at AVPX :)

It's not necessarily aimed at teenagers, as they do advertise the 'coolest kid's zone in the world' on the Screamworld page. But I guess mostly teenagers would be the ones going.. Thanks for reminding me about the alien as I forgot about that, might pop around through the night to see.. Edited by kujotess

Dreamworks is aimed at a broader age range than Nick I would have thought.

Dreamworks is more 'family' orientated as Nick was just Spongebob and Dora which was aimed more at young kids.. If I come to spot any characters then i'll post it here after. Never seen the Dreamworks experience yet so will be checking it out at night for a starters.

Went to Screamworld Friday night, great atmosphere! I won the tickets but overall worth the money you would usually spend. They sure had a crowd though. Got there 15 minutes early and the line for administration went from the front entrance all the way to the ends of the path going onto the car park. They were playing there hits with smoke and towards the night lasers which looked great. The DJ was also playing hits from Shrek like All Star.. Dreamworks Experience looks fantastic, the spitting bit at the start of Madagascar Madness is lots of fun. It was quiet through the land because not many children were there. The statues are probably the best theming there as they are MASSIVE! Also very detailed, great to get a few shots with. The rides had only about 0-10 people in line. The Espace from Madagascar ride is always a favourite and yet still no line, very.. VERY slow loading though, as there is lots of cars on the train. Love the penguins scattered around the lot. No characters were out including no zombies around Buzzsaw, which was strange because Friday 13th but whatever.. Didn't see the alien out either. Overall fun night definitely will go again when I get the chance.

Sorry if this is off topic a bit but i couldnt find a thread to post it in. Is Shockwave a Thrill Ride or not? On the website when you click on 'Thrill Rides' it comes up with 8 rides (Including Shockwave). They advertise it as the BIG7 though. It also mentions that shockwave is a family ride. A Family Thrill Ride? Sorry I'm just confused :wacko: