timeing of waner bro's classic's & the great gremlins adventure removal ?

JeffreyMoore

Well I did mean, that it would be reasonable for their budget. Also many of the list movies wouldn't make good rides, or wouldn't be good in movieworld from a business perspective, such as the horror movies, which highly limit the population who will ride it and considering the park is so small, it wouldn't work as good as The Saw Ride at Thorpe park.

the flintstones will be relanched next year ?

Because that ride is based upon a WB licencing of a Hanna Barberra property,

Because that ride is based upon a WB licencing of a Hanna Barberra property,

waner brothers own hanna barbera that was also the thinking when thay built hanna barbera land at australia's whonderland but the hanna barbera property's proved to be very populer for 16 years ?

the flintstones will be relanched next year ? waner brothers own hanna barbera that was also the thinking when thay built hanna barbera land at australia's whonderland but the hanna barbera property's proved to be very populer for 16 years ?

WTF dude? Firstly, learn to spell?? What the hell is Whonderland? There isnt a silent H after every word starting with W. Waner Bros?? Secondly, HB at Wonderland worked well because HB cartoons were still on TV! Ask anyone under the age of 15 who Snagglepuss, Dino or TopCat are and they would have no clue! Most would only know of Fred Flintstone because he is a pop culture reference and Yogi because they made a terrible live action/CGI film a couple years ago. Just because you own a property doesnt mean it will work in todays market, and owning a property in cinematic form does not mean you own the rights and licences to develop rides and amusements for it.

WTF dude? Firstly, learn to spell?? What the hell is Whonderland? There isnt a silent H after every word starting with W. Waner Bros?? Secondly, HB at Wonderland worked well because HB cartoons were still on TV! Ask anyone under the age of 15 who Snagglepuss, Dino or TopCat are and they would have no clue! Most would only know of Fred Flintstone because he is a pop culture reference and Yogi because they made a terrible live action/CGI film a couple years ago. Just because you own a property doesnt mean it will work in todays market, and owning a property in cinematic form does not mean you own the rights and licences to develop rides and amusements for it.

waner bro's own hanna barbera not just the cinamatic rights that why all new shows - movies made from or based on hanna barbera property's are made by waner bro's becouse thay own them and most hanna barbera shows are still on pay tv channel boomerang so im sure more kids whould know them more then u think thay also sell hanna barbera dvd's and toys in australia so someone must know who thay are im just saying that more hanna barbera property's in the park along side looney tunes whould be a good addition to kids wb hey if i does not work there not paying a licenceing fee to try out how it go's ?

I know that in Australia Warner Bros., Paramount and Universal are all distributed by Village Roadshow (in terms of DVD and Bluray sales). Is this why Universal Studios were able to secure rights to Transformers for the ride (a Paramount Movie) and Harry Potter (a Warner Bros. movie)?

Edited by rac2703

Well I think that Universal they bought the HP theme park franchise license, whereas WB bought the film franchise license. Universal, however don't seem to tie themselves to only building attractions in their park from movies they made. They have 'The Simpsons' and thats FOX. A couple that could work with the WB franchise is 'Sherlock Holmes' and the other is I think Village might have something to do with the distribution of the film here and that is Mirror Mirror, it is advertised on the MW site alongside The Dark Knight. The other one, I have no idea about the story and if you could do a ride or attraction with it but its a WB movie and thats the 'Hunger games'.

waner bro's own hanna barbera not just the cinamatic rights that why all new shows - movies made from or based on hanna barbera property's are made by waner bro's becouse thay own them and most hanna barbera shows are still on pay tv channel boomerang so im sure more kids whould know them more then u think thay also sell hanna barbera dvd's and toys in australia so someone must know who thay are im just saying that more hanna barbera property's in the park along side looney tunes whould be a good addition to kids wb hey if i does not work there not paying a licenceing fee to try out how it go's ?

WTF is Waner Bros and why do you keep saying that????? Clearly you are still in primary school, and maybe you watch HB, which is great that someone is, but i guarantee you not many kids these days are begging their parents to get foxtel so they can watch 'Boomerang' and 1980/90s cartoon repeats. HB as a licence, is not relevant - no matter which way you look at it. Not today, and not in the last 5-10 years really. It's classic, it was great, but not relevant. They just removed Lethal Weapon's themeing as the movie was no longer relevant and 'out of date' with the target market, and you're saying they should put in HB?? Hmm... what would get the kiddies more interested... Bugs Bunny or Captain Caveman? What planet are you from?

WTF is Waner Bros and why do you keep saying that????? Clearly you are still in primary school, and maybe you watch HB, which is great that someone is, but i guarantee you not many kids these days are begging their parents to get foxtel so they can watch 'Boomerang' and 1980/90s cartoon repeats. HB as a licence, is not relevant - no matter which way you look at it. Not today, and not in the last 5-10 years really. It's classic, it was great, but not relevant. They just removed Lethal Weapon's themeing as the movie was no longer relevant and 'out of date' with the target market, and you're saying they should put in HB?? Hmm... what would get the kiddies more interested... Bugs Bunny or Captain Caveman? What planet are you from?

the looney tunes are older then any hanna barbera property? but i know there not going to put hb into the park all i was saying was its a licence thay already own going to waste and what makes u think thay have to theme a ride to hanna barbera just adding fred - yogi etc walking around thr park - kids wb whould be a good start

the looney tunes are older then any hanna barbera property? but i know there not going to put hb into the park all i was saying was its a licence thay already own going to waste and what makes u think thay have to theme a ride to hanna barbera just adding fred - yogi etc walking around thr park - kids wb whould be a good start

Just quickly direct your attention to http://www.parkz.com.au/about/FAQ/Community-Guidelines.html#5 On the topic of licensing I cannot see why the park would want to add another kids area which will compete with the existing offerings. To say that you are going to add one HB themed ride in the middle of nowhere is a silly idea. The reason we have Scooby? They were filming the movie in the studio next door so had everything they needed at their disposal to theme the coaster. Filming the ride next door also would have made leveraging the license to use the IP easier. Whilst building a ride or attraction around an IP sounds easy there is more than just "we will give you $$ if you lets us build something along the lines of this". License they already own? TimeWarner has the license for HB. The park doesn't own any licenses for major tie in attractions. They pay to use the IP. This is the same as the other parks. If the park wants to add another attraction based on something like Yogi they would need to apply to use it. Just because they have the rights to use Scooby doesn't give them a green light to add any other HB character.

Movie World is owned by Village Roadshow not Warner Bros., even they have to have these copyright disclaimers on there website and I believe park maps to give credit to the copyright holders - WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD and logo, LETHAL WEAPON and LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. KIDS' WB! and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera. SUPERMAN, BATMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.

Edited by rac2703

the looney tunes are older then any Hanna Barbera property?

Yes, but the Looney Tunes have staying power. Its the same as Mickey Mouse, Mickey was created in 1928 and is older than all of the other Disney characters but out all of them he is the most famous and continues to headline their parks, I don't see them re-theming their park to based around Kim Possible do you? Because, while that character may have been popular it doesn't have the appeal that will make it stick around for years. Look at Nick at DW or Cartoon Network at SW, they may have been good characters but people moved on from them, they became irrelevant and hence had to be re-themed. The only one that seems to be sticking is Spongbob. The Looney Tunes were created in the 1930's and while Hanna Barbera cartoons were good (I loved them myself) they just don't have that same kind of appeal that LT carries with it, they are famous with the WB name.

if so just whondering in what time frame was the ride removed in 2001- early 2002

To bring this back on topic, I'm going to say it was closed before August 9, 2001, based upon the fact it was not on Movie World's attraction listing at the time. Also, I found some pics of the German ride if you are interested. I believe the facade and ride vehicles were similar in Australia.