What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

having had a closer look at my photos, the hole in the wall is new

Although i'm not able to recall whether that particular wall was there two weeks ago...

Certainly a lot of the lot sale items have been cleared out - it still looks as though some of the christmas floats are in there (see big white mountain thing that looks something like a snowy hilltop).

I'm willing to concede they've changed gears here and have actually started moving on something. With the fencing being as it is though - i'm still unsure whether the plans at this stage are for the whole building as it still looks like hte other half is being utilised for storage (although more movements may be yet to come). When I last saw the inside of the building, the floor in the 'empty space area' still had a giant hole in the concrete about where one of the water troughs would have been on LTRR.

I do not see that hole here now - so it seems they have sneakily begun to work on River Ride at last. Hopefully it is something other than Mini Cars.

Either the hole in the building is for where the entrance for the new ride would be, but for now it is so they could move things in and out of the building more easily.

The "Road Runner Rollercoaster Viewing Area" is mostly fenced off. Remember this was the original entry to Looney Tune River Ride. Could they be re building the queue area? The hole is most likely there to help remove and build large objects. Remember when Storm Coaster got built last year most of the outside walls were removed.

The "Road Runner Rollercoaster Viewing Area" is mostly fenced off. Remember this was the original entry to Looney Tune River Ride. Could they be re building the queue area?

That could be a possibility, but I personally don't think they will. I would think that the hole would be an entrance (But for now easy accessibility). I would like to see some sort of track ride (Not driving cars, they have already got one of them right next to the building). I have said this before, but I think they should have a ride similar to the one in Cars World at Disneyland, where you are in vehicles and you go through an area slowly and then zoom out. Obviously it will be no where near as big, but I think it will be a good addition to the park.

Back to topic, and considering it seems work has started, my idea is probably moot at this point, but considering the sheer size of the shed, i've always thought having a Mermaid Lagoon-esque (Tokyo Disneysea) type indoors family area would be brilliant. You could pick and choose two or three kiddies rides from the Zamperla ride catalogue, integrate some neat merch and food/bev options, and theme the whole lot like a mini Looney Tunes land/village, thus filling the "compete with Dreamworld for time-consuming attractions that pad out a family day" quota while offering a new unique venue that has massive marketing potential (and would be awesome for private events).

1550870353_0e77fca690.jpg

Edited by Slick

I'm with AlexB and Slick on this one too. So much could be done with such a large space and an indoor 'park within a park' featuring a swag of flats, retail and dining - perhaps even a nice dark ride, hell, even include the kids car ride, but execute it better.

With a big chunk of the park already undercover, such a family friendly addition would make MW the hands down pick for tourists having to do a Theme Park on a rainy day - whilst still having an enjoyable time

With the height available, you could put in a relatively lengthy kiddie coaster (suitable for adults to ride) above ground level and have it duck and dive all over the building. Numerous flats distributed around with some kiddie only and some 'family friendly'. You only have to take a look at the park when it rains to know that everyone heads for main street or scooby doo (JL3d is a little too far out of the way).

If they did this, there'd be an 'indoor' area to ride in the bad weather - and as has been suggested - with some food options thrown in you could keep the family captive and spending for some time...

sadly i don't think it will happen, but it's a brilliant idea.

AlexB

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

With the height available, you could put in a relatively lengthy kiddie coaster (suitable for adults to ride) above ground level and have it duck and dive all over the building. Numerous flats distributed around with some kiddie only and some 'family friendly'. You only have to take a look at the park when it rains to know that everyone heads for main street or scooby doo (JL3d is a little too far out of the way).

A suspended dark ride like ET, Peter Pan or even the Sesame Street Ride at USS would be good for making use of the height of this building.

Slick

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Back to topic, and considering it seems work has started, my idea is probably moot at this point, but considering the sheer size of the shed, i've always thought having a Mermaid Lagoon-esque (Tokyo Disneysea) type indoors family area would be brilliant. You could pick and choose two or three kiddies rides from the Zamperla ride catalogue, integrate some neat merch and food/bev options, and theme the whole lot like a mini Looney Tunes land/village, thus filling the "compete with Dreamworld for time-consuming attractions that pad out a family day" quota while offering a new unique venue that has massive marketing potential (and would be awesome for private events).

Adventure World has a fair few examples of the smaller Zamperla rides. I think you would have to choose ones big enough to cater for the 8-12 year olds that tend to get overlooked by Movie World.

A suspended dark ride like ET, Peter Pan or even the Sesame Street Ride at USS would be good for making use of the height of this building.

Not sure the building would handle that structurally without large modifications... but that is even better than 'just another coaster'... bring it on!

AlexB

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Not sure the building would handle that structurally without large modifications... but that is even better than 'just another coaster'... bring it on!

I thought most suspended rides have their own structure.

http://www.gosetto.com/amusement-ride-believix-4-passengers-suspending-vehicle.htm

I still think a family dark ride, that has a high hourly capacity would be a good way to go.

post-2597-0-22307800-1398568383_thumb.jp

Maybe a roller coaster like that one would be a good idea. It could have a story to the ride and it slows down and speeds up throughout different sections. There could be animatronics looney tunes characters that could be guiding you through the ride and saying things like "look out" and "over there". Eg. The ride could speed up to get away from TNT as the Kyote is lighting some. That's just an idea.

The problem with having a slot car ride like that is the scale of the ride is what makes it good. I don't think a smaller version of Radiator Springs Racers would work very well at all. The ride will be over before it even begins.

Also, the construction of these seems pretty exclusive. Especially if you want the same Disney standard. Dynamic Structures (the manufacturers who brought you X2 and interestingly the Track switch upgrade on ET Adventure at Universal Studios Florida) have only built two of their slot-car rides. Test Track and Radiator Springs, which cost $US100M and $US200M respectively. Of course ours wouldn't have all the bells and whistles, but you're looking at a hefty price tag.