Dreamworld Ride Opening Hours

Gary86

Whilst i cant remember the number, i too have had to 'wait' for a certain amount to passengers before the ride could disembark. Not sure if its potentially weather/wind dependent or what but it was mentioned at the time it was a weight related issue.

This was a good 18 months - 2 years ago, so the details a little hazy

Actually - I do recall seeing the water dummies and the winch block in the station - perhaps they do load the water dummies into the train each day for testing... in which case the weight argument has merit.

They should leave the dummies loaded into the train (maybe in the middle) on quiet days. Then it would always have the required weight...

Cyclone needs a minimum amount of weight onboard to safely complete a cycle, hence the water dummies - they're there so they can cycle and check off the ride before they open for the day. The key word in all of this is "safely" - i'm sure Cyclone can easily complete a cycle a hundred times over with an empty train just like I could ride Cyclone a hundred times without the seatbelt plugged in and come back unscathed - clearly there's an operational call made that it's better to be safe then sorry and prevent potentially having something like a train stall and having the ride out of action for an unspecified amount of time while they complete the arduous task of bringing the train back to the station.

TOT2 requires a half load and Wipeout needs 10 people. These restrictions are simply operational as testing occurs with empty carriages anyway.

They are happy to send it with less. I've been on it with only a couple of other people. (ToT)

Let's just say if the cylone or any type of coaster did get stuck like after the first inversion or around the little rippers towers, and it needed to be push/pulled or somthing, How would they get the train back to the station? "Just curious"

Everyone has to get out, grab a rope and pull. :P

All I know it's somehow winched back, but do not have any idea how that works.

Also we need to be able to multi quote on the phone version of Parkz

Edited by reanimated35

I think the point reanimated was getting at was that your now cancelled trip had never been mentioned or discussed in this thread previously, hence informing us you were no longer going on this trip was fairly irrelevant.

It's like a mate telling you he can't come round for a beer when you hadn't invited him anyway...

I think the point reanimated was getting at was that your now cancelled trip had never been mentioned or discussed in this thread previously, hence informing us you were no longer going on this trip was fairly irrelevant.

It's like a mate telling you he can't come round for a beer when you hadn't invited him anyway...

Exactly

^you'd rather me post it in the

that's way off topic as it is.

since this thread is about ride opening hours and since most will be closed tomorrow when it's raining so i posted it here :P

Actually would have been a better option. Plus don't bitch out because of the rain. That's the best time to go. Most people stay away, rides are a walk on. If DW close because of a bit of water, go to MW, they keep most stuff open til it's really pissing down.

so what i don't have to tell the whole world when i'm going to dw. and my post is a warning to anyone planning on going tomorrow it's going to rain at 11am till about 2 pm

That's the best time to go. Most people stay away, rides are a walk on.

good luck getting on the rides when their shut down because of the rain :lol:

If DW close because of a bit of water, go to MW, they keep most stuff open til it's really pissing down.

yeah i'll spend $ going there when my pass is for DW.

Edited by bladex

s So what i I don't have to tell the whole world when i'm I'm going to dw DW. and my post is a warning to anyone planning on going tomorrow it's going to rain at 11am till about 2 pm

Instead you thought it was a good idea to post this completely off topic and unrelated post? The post which has no mention of times that weather may impact the park.

g Good luck getting on the rides when their they're shut down because of the rain :lol:

I've been on LW/AA and superman when it's raining. At DW I've been on Cyclone while it was raining enough to come back soaked, and TOT during light rain. Cyclone we just had to wait 5 mins as there was reports of hail, but it didn't happen so they asked us if we wanted to go around in the rain.